We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

THOUGHTS ON WENDIGO AND SURVIVOR IDEA?

Options
Paigeotheopanda
Paigeotheopanda Member Posts: 7
edited October 2023 in Creations

So I love horror, and Dead By Daylight is such a good game and it has a lot of potential. I designed a killer and survivor that might take the game into a creepier field.

The Wendigo

A creepy urban creature that can sound like one of the team's last injured survivor, the other survivors blinded by the sight of all survivors and the killer, only to then see a survivor crying for help behind walls, as you get closer you then see what's truly behind the wall.

Angelina Devilton

The perfect counter for the wendigo, he may counter medical survivors but Angelina is no medic. She's known as a quiet but productive engineer, her specialty is mechanics. She always kept to herself and loved to hike and often worked on her projects alone in a forest, where the wendigo was last spotted.

I JUST LOVE THE IDEA OF THE WENDIGO BEING IN THE GAME!!! I HOPE THIS CAN BRING SOME SORT OF IDEA FOR THE DEAD BY DAYLIGHT CREATORS!!!!!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,425
    Options

"A creepy urban creature"

I'm sorry, what?

also... considering if this is the first wendigo design I saw with hooves... the power seems insanely weak.

no 15% repair speed. get that out of here.

• ghostiesimp
    ghostiesimp Member Posts: 2
    Options

i love the idea of the wendigo being in the game and ur artwork looks awesome! i especially like the idea of the perk "wendigo's calling". its definitely something i could see being in the game.

the power you chose to give the wendigo is cool, but seems a little weak. usually survivors don't search where the injured individual is, they'll heal them if they see them. could be good for a game of it's own though!

to add on the survivor: i feel like a nature enthusiast would work better with the whole wendigo theme, since wendigos live in forests etc. maybe a hiking tour guide, who one day travels a little too deep into the forest and therefore comes across the wendigos cave, leading them to further inspect the place.

overall awesome idea!

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    edited October 2023
    Options

I can see it now... the engineers toolbox+resilience+deja vu meta. permanent 30% repair boost to 3 gens while injured.

edit: use that with Always Alone, and guess what? permanent 40% speed boost on the 3gen. a permanent, almost commodius toolbox level speed boost.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2023
    Options

Since every Wendigo hunting game makes players run around the map getting totems and collectables and such, a Wendigo in DBD should get a perk like Hex: Plaything that generates several totems on the map.

Hex: Curse of the Forest

Hex: Curse of the Forest starts with 5 tokens. Whenever you hook a survivor, if there are 1 or more dull totems left, Hex: Curse of the Forest spends a token and lights one. While one or more Hex: Curse of the Forest totems are lit, survivors suffer a 4/5/6% penalty to repair speed. When there are no more tokens, Hex: Curse of the Forest deactivates.

This would force survivors to choose between generators and totems.

It would also give some protection to killers who want to run a Hex perk and not have to worry so much about SWFs just snuffing their totem at the start of the game.

It would also give Hex: Pentimento players another means to force survivors to give totems that the killer can re-light, instead of SWFs just ignoring your hexes and Pentimento not getting any play all game.

• Amaroq64
    Amaroq64 Member Posts: 106
    edited October 2023
    Options

Since every Wendigo hunting game makes the players run around the forest getting totems and collectibles, a Wendigo in DBD should get a perk like Hex: Plaything that creates several totems around the map.

------------

Hex: Curse of the Forest

When you hook a survivor, if there are 1 or more dull totems left on the map, Hex: Curse of the Forest lights one. While there are 1 or more Hex: Curse of the Forest totems active on the map, survivors suffer from a 4/5/6% penalty to repair speed.

------------

This would give killers some cover if they run a hex they don't want to get snuffed, and can also give Hex: Pentimento a way to get their totems snuffed.

• Paigeotheopanda
    Options

Thank you! Honestly I just love scary monsters and I've always liked the Wendigo. The abilities and perks are just a side quest I decided to do so thank you for pointing out that possibility of survivors unhooking! I was thinking maybe the Wendigo just starts hitting all the survivors without killing them, and maybe be like the Legion, where they see the auras of the next survivor in a 24-meter radius or something! but I'll definitely work on that ability and make it more than just scary!!!

• Paigeotheopanda
    Options

This is a great idea!!! definitely should be swapped out for the TOTEM OF PERCEPTION, maybe we can modify it to 6% penalty for healing and cleansing? just so it sticks to the whole theme! but otherwise I agree with everything else you've said!

• Paigeotheopanda
    Options

Oh!! That is a very good point! I've completely forgotten the other perks! maybe it could be modified to just the ALWAYS ALONE perk and we can have the first survivor perk as being able to do something else as a bonus while being wounded! I'll definitely have to rethink of that first perk

• Paigeotheopanda
    Options

Honestly I couldnt draw the claws they placed with the wendigo but there are definitely some designs that give them hooves! its just to give the Wendigo a more deer like appearance! I see the problem with the 15% generator speed, I will most definitely have to remove ENGINEERS TOOLBOX for something way less broken. Please if you have any suggestions on what could be given I'm open to them!