We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Are survivor screams when placed on the hook too loud compared to all other audio from the game?

Options
Dainank
Dainank Member Posts: 8

I know that this falls under personal opinion, but I feel like the shrilling screams whenever a survivor gets hooked, regardless of gender, to be jarring and almost painful to hear. They seem to be much louder than the rest of the game and I have started to instinctively shift-tab for the Steam overlay whenever I hook someone or get hooked myself, in order to mute the game audio and avoid hearing it.

Do other people also share similar feelings and if so, maybe it should be considered to drop the audio trigger for the hooking event or to allow an audio settings toggle to reduce the scream/hook related volumes?

Are survivor screams when placed on the hook too loud compared to all other audio from the game? 35 votes

Yes; it is too loud and should be lowered (or provided the option to lower).
74%
KaanadknbtenoresaxSlamitieDainankKA149108Viktor1853saggyderpderpAurelleduyguArchol123Ariel_StarshineCorvusCorax86bebetterDepressedlegionjonifireDubsaroniHarbinger1985Musxussu575hexmilk 26 votes
No; It's fine, I don't even notice it nor find it too irritating or loud.
25%
The_DaydreamerxEaDontyodelsohard[Deleted User]Skitten56TheSingularityFoempticolStarTheBabeTommyDorkelson 9 votes

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Yes. Everything else in the game is quiet/decent volume. But even with the volume turned down I can STILL hear the survivors screaming. Part of the reason why I have to keep everything turned down when playing with headphones.

• Harbinger1985
    Harbinger1985 Member Posts: 50
    Options

Yeah, definitely needs a volume for that one. I play with headphones, sue a very low volume, since DBD feels louder then average titles. But the scream is way louder then anything else. :D But I noticed playing as Jake with his 3 unique perks make him almost silent that moment, used that specific perks on others doesn't help.

• Dainank
    Options

I wonder if it would be possible to measure in DBs (or perceived loudness) which survivor is the loudest in screams alone?

• Musxussu575
    Musxussu575 Member Posts: 20
    Options

Yes, and some survivors are worse than others. Feng's scream could shatter glass. Quentin's is simply abhorrent.

I've heard that some killers immediately M1 a hooked survivor just to cut off the screaming audio. This could be interpreted as BM, but I can't say I blame them.

• Dainank
    edited December 2023
    Options

M1 loses time. If you are using Steam or any other muting overlay tool, you can swifly press the overlay button twice at the start of the audio trigger to skip the entire sound.