CMV: Plaything is unhealthy for the game

Options
leowt
leowt Member Posts: 44

This perk makes tunneling significantly easier and affects solo q way more than swf. Slap it on a killer like Wesker where you also have to deal with the infection, get healed AND do the totem, and you’ve got so much value out of a single perk slot. I get that the point of the perk is to add a slowdown and help in chase. Making it so that it inflicts Oblivious on a different survivor upon hooking one survivor and the perk will still be as strong while being much healthier for the game.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

Are you suggesting the perk afflict another survivor in place of the hooked one?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

So its a punishing perk for everyone other then the survivor that failed. Dont know how well that would fly with this community. Thana got a nerf for that same reason.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 760
    Options

Plaything is fine on its own (without pentimento) and as someone who dropped spine chill ages ago ever since it got nerfed i have no problem with plaything cause now every killer is almost the equivalent to ghostface and myers for me

and also I bring soul guard cause it gives you infinite unbreakable when cursed by a hex totem

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,361
    edited October 2023
    Options

Plaything is strong but I wouldn't really say it's that unhealthy on it's own. It's really good with Penti but there's ways to play around it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

Plaything isn't even that strong. It's not like the killer becomes invisible. On most maps you'll see them coming from miles away and on others there are more than enough perks that you could use to prevent them from tunneling you until you or someone else got rid of your Plaything.

Not that most survivors would use any anti-tunnel perks, just saying. Better to just run 4 chase perks and complain when the killer adapts.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,912
    Options

That feels more like a Wesker thing than a Plaything thing. I honestly can't say I notice any more tunnelling when Plaything is in play. Weskers though are hit n miss with that tactic. They're up there with Wraith and Huntress with those I expect to tunnel.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,921
    Options

What about sloppy, nurses and bloodhound just to mention some, they all make tunneling easier.