We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Anybody know any good zombies games?

Options
totallynotamegmain
totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 450
edited October 2023 in Off-topic

After having finished a play through of zombie army 4 i am hungry for more brai- i mean zombie killing content

would like to include I have already played the resident evil series, days gone, and TLOU,

Post edited by totallynotamegmain on

Comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,225
    Options

If you like the early Resident Evil and 90's style video games there is a game being developed by MoonGlint Games called Echoes of the Living. They recently had a playable demo available on Steam and will have another demo on Steam on October 26th. The demo was super fun so I expect the full game to be awesome. The full game looks like it might be out sometime Q1 of 2024.

Other than that I usually play 7 Days to Die. This game is getting a big update soon that I'm really looking forward to.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

If you want to be ruthless against zombies, the Dead Rising series may be for you. Chaotic, comical, and sometimes serious. If that's what you like.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 916
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you want to play both as and against zombies, I recommend the indie "Contagion". I loved playing it years ago, but the game is still getting updates (it got a big one early this year), so I believe there are still people playing it (it can be played alone, but the real experience is on multiplayer).

The game offers a different, more grounded and immersive approach to the genre. The maps look pretty realistic and the zombie infection is treated in a similar way to how it works in the movies: everytime a zombie hits you, there is a chance you get infected. If that happens, you will only notice when your vision start to get blurred and the sounds around you start getting a little distorted, indicating the symptions of the disease getting worse. You can tell that to the other players... or not. There is an animation from when a player transforms, and they immediatly start playing as a zombie after that, and start to respawn as other zombies if killed.

By the way, when you play as a survivor, you can sneak behind zombies and instantly kill them with a melee weapon. When you play as a zombie, you can grab a survivor and bite them. Yes, there is an animation for that, and the chance of infection is pretty big when you do that. To make it even better, player-controlled zombies don't look different from the others, so you can pretend to be an AI-controlled zombie until a player gets close and get them by surprise.

There are also different game modes. In one, the players have objectives to complete so they can escape (similar to Left 4 Dead, but survivors who die become zombies and must hunt the others). In other, it's free for all and your objective is to kill all the other survivors and become the last one standing (and yes, everyone who dies becomes a zombie and keeps playing). I also remember another one where there is always one person that starts infected and, once they become a zombie, must infect and kill all the others before the time runs out.

Also: in spectator mode, you play as a cockroach, you can even die if someone steps on you.

All this details are things are remember from years ago, but with the many updates, I don't know if some of this features I mentioned have changed.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 527
    Options

I don't get why World War Z never got popular.

Remember that scene from the movie when there's so many of them that they climb the wall on each others bodies? It happens all the time in the game. It's like L4D, just with a massive multiplier on their numbers.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756
    Options

Resident Evil 4 remake

Any of the Resident Evils

The last of us pt. 1, 2

Days gone

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 286
    Options

Dead island is a zombie game, you can play solo or co-op with friends.

• itsm0rt3m
    itsm0rt3m Applicant Posts: 4
    Options

If your on PC get project zomboid.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 871
    Options

My go-to is Zombies from BOP3. It never fails for me.