If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is anyone even happy with reworked Haddonfield?

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,126

It seems to me that this map has become even worse than it was, especially for killers. And I don't know a single player who enjoys it.

Problems of pre-rework Haddonfield:

• House of Pain – probably most broken building in dbd history.
  • Too abusive main building (1st floor window was nerfed before rework)
  • Too good tiles and windows connection.
  • 12-15 pallets on the map (okish by itself), half of them were too good, without mindgame potential
  • Many good windows in addition

Current Haddonfield:

• 3 (three) (THREE) (I MEAN T H R E E) i-will-jump-into-these-windows-till-they-will-blocked braindead houses
  • Main, which become infinite (literally, you can't even start chase), if you started run it right, especially with MFT
  • But sometimes there are like 5 or 6 playable pallets and some that could not exist at all outside the houses
  • Huge deadzones from the start

So i don't see the point of this rework at all. Most streamers i watch hate this map. Main problem with this map aka HAHA I HAVE THIS TIGHT WINDOW AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT is only increased after rework.

Yes, this, of course, is far from the worst map in the game right now, and you don't feel very bad on some killers here, but in the future, I believe, this map should definitely be revised.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

I don't know about happy, because the new windows really are really obnoxious, but it's definitely a massive improvement from where it was before.

You're missing some things from your problems with pre-rework Haddonfield, namely the ridiculous fences that could loop for ages without a gap. Those are completely gone, which is itself a big improvement. The street is also more dangerous than before, which is both good for killer and provides a little more strategy for survivor.

Really, the problems with new Haddonfield begin and end with those windows, which I'd consider hugely easier to fix than what we had before. It's not perfect and still needs work, but it's definitely nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,126
    edited October 2023
    Options

I agree, by "worse than before" i mean mostly part with windows, I didn't say it very correctly at the beginning.

But i don't think windows are only problem now, as i mentioned in the post. I think we should add some loops or at least guarantee no huge deadzones RNG along with fixing windows. Because now survivors are gods in buildings and have pretty weak defence outside.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735
    Options

I agree. The fences were crazy back then for both sides.

I like Haddonfield a lot but the Windows are crazy. Imo they should remove the numbers of windows but increase the number of pallets. I also would recommend more openers in houses too decrease the strength of a window but also giving survivors and killers more possibilites of entering and exiting a house. That is really needed for the mainbuilding imo.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's not as strong as it was before. Old Haddonfield was arguably the strongest map that existed at the time. However, it was also pretty hard to play to its max potential and I'd argue that that has become easier.

Personally, I would like to go back to old Haddonfield. It is entirely possible I am romanticising but I honestly think it had an overall more enjoyable atmosphere and wasn't quite as unpleasent to play on. You knew what you were getting into when you got that map. Now it's a matter of: "How many free hits can you get by forcing survivors onto the streets?" and "Can you end the chase before the survivor makes it to any of the houses?" This forces killers into an awkward position where they are best off not playing around the main structures and instead utilise the huge dead zones away from the houses. For survivors, this doesn't feel any better.

Visually it has objectively improved but still I miss the lighting of the old version. I liked that a lot more than the kind of grey-ish color scheme that we have now. It seems like they couldn't quite decide, if they wanted to make the map dark or not and instead went a middle route. This is purely subjective of course.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339
    Options

I don't think it was very hard to run before they nerfed the stagger on balanced landing, like at all. Literal infinite loops for days

The reworked haddo was "meh" before made for this, now it's just awful

I've had some ridiculously long window-only chases during this event because god windows + MFT + random haunt speed boosts and it's straight up game-losing to try and pursue depending on what killer you are playing

Worst part is, with the new anti-camping feature, even if you down someone humping the two main god windows at the Myers house you can't really even punish them that hard anymore. Survivors gotta get those free escapes you know?

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

It's pretty much hot trash trash now.

Killer mains calling it "survivor sided" is laughable.

Sure, it looks great aesthetically, but playing on it is miserable. It's worse in almost every conceivable way.

Pretty typical of BHVR map "reworks".

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,045
    edited October 2023
    Options

Just like RPD we will stomach it, but can't stand it.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 881
    Options

The pallets on this map are horrendous, there are some goods but there are ones that are just bad, the windows are broken on this map, if you are a m1 killer without chase potenticial yo are screwed

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

The houses are a pain to loop for killer and the streets are so dead for survivors. It’s a balanced map in that way but just because a map is balanced doesn’t make it alright. It needs more fun and fair interactions for both sides, and achieving that will mean removing dead zones and toning those houses down.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

It’s not a good map, but it’s still WAY better than the old one.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

Is new Haddonfield flawed? For sure.

As bad (much less worse than) the old one? No. Hell No, not even close. Old Haddonfield was a wholly unbalanced abomination that didn't even have the common decency to look like it was in a post-PS2 era game. It was horrific. I still get triggered and have to make an appointment with my therapist every time I see a white picket fence in real life.

Screw that map.

The new one, while unbalanced, is to me at least unbalanced in different ways (some areas favor killer, others surv), feels like an actual neighborhood would, and looks amazing.

• XshyguyX
    XshyguyX Applicant Posts: 107
    Options
  • Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 426
    Options

It's better than what it used to be, but that doesn't mean it's a decent or even good map, i'll take any other map over it. It is somewhat amazing that the map manage's to be "bad" for both sides in the same instance.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    Options

so old haddonfield was same. the map was not pallet dense. the map in fact had very few pallets. the few pallet it had were really strong. what made this not seem apparent in old haddonfield was map structure. it was strong stealth map because killer had to path around houses to check gens. in new map, stealth aspect of this map was heavily decreased.

new haddonfield follows same logic. it has few pallets. the few pallet that exist are really strong. what stands out in the map was strong windows. the difference between new haddonfield and old haddonfield was that windows are mostly on first floor. they're way easier to utilize as survivor compare to old haddonfield. on old haddonfield, the *infinity windows were on 2nd floor and you had to understand vantage points in the outside houses and inside houses to use them.In new one, you don't need understand as much on vantage points. you simply vault windows over and over and there is nothing more to it.

infinity windows are the strongest loop in dbd and the fact that haddonfield is full of those is just terrible for m1 killers. the map is not as bad for high-tier strong anti-loops killers because of nerfed stealth but it is still terrible chasing map for m1's. each of one of those house loops are just auto-lose chases for killer. as a result, many of killer that play new haddonfield 3 gen on that map near main building because going for chasing into window infinities as m1 is very uninteresting.

overall, it seems that their design for haddonfield is to make a map full of window infinities. Every single killer player hates window infinities. no killer will ever enjoy playing that map unless they're playing like A-tier.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

This map has the same problem as RPD, spawning 2 gens in the middle of the streets and making it hard to break 3-gen against any killer who knows his stuff (RPD has that RNG that spawns 2 gens in the main hall). I am not entirely sure but I believe I might have seen a rare set up where there are like 3 gens on the street.

Any killer who knows this map somewhat or cares to exploit this RNG, I think can do pretty well. I have had killers who are chasing me and as soon as I go inside the main building they just drop the chase. I am not sure you can do anything in such situations.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    Options

Gameplay-wise: Could use a few adjustments but otherwise i think it's mostly fine.

Aesthetic-wise: One of the best reworks they've done, right next to Coldwind.

• Funky_lPunk
    Funky_lPunk Member Posts: 47
    Options

Im one of the few enjoyers of new haddonfield, old haddonfield was an automatic dc for me (and im not the kind of player to dc at all)

Now i even like it, im not a big fan of main building and i think they overdid it a little with safe pallets, but overall i am quite hapoy with the rework.

(I mostly play killer but i like haddonfield on both sides)

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 451
    Options

Old Haddonfield was so much worse, half the buildings were much more broken then what they are today.

And those fences... these ######### fences, let me tell you i still can't walk past a fence or hedge irl without getting flashbacks.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options

It's better than before, but it's horrible in other way. As a killer, your only way of playing this map is "camp the side with main house", which feels bad for both sides.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 716
    Options

Personally I think they just need to rework the map aesthetic…maybe restore that blue-ish (not sure if that’s a word) tint the map had before and personally I think it will look exactly like old haddonfield

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited October 2023
    Options

I hope they absolutely don't bring that back, aesthetic-wise that specifically was imo the worst part about the map with the god ugly low poly ps2 looking textures for the house interiors being second worst thing about it.

Even release Haddonfield that didn't have any tint at all is preferable to the one with the blue tint.

• MeowMeow93
    MeowMeow93 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 60
    Options

Still feel instead of ruining most of maps ,nerfing their size like you did with RPD, shattered square and etc its a bad decision .Map should be as it was released.If you rework map keep everything like it was before just improve graphics and add object .Instead of removing everything from map and shave half objects there creating open fields everywhere .

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

It is an annoying little map but a lot of gens are out in the open and putting a couple of pallets between fences or tables doesn't help the survivors that much. I prefer this one to the old one.