A bit too expensive skins

Options

Cosmetics for Iridescent Shards in store are tooo expensive (Auric Cells a bit too but it's ok). Imo Player Level is ok but skins for Iridescent Shards are tooo expensive maybe try to low a price a bit?

Comments

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212
    Options

but after a lot of grinding, you can be proud of yourself ;)
    I will buy the skins i need to buy with auric cells. Rest with shards...
    Let the grind begin (when 2.0.0 arrives on Xbox) ;)

• Dwight_Main
    Dwight_Main Member Posts: 69
    Options

its true that its a grind but you really do feel better about yourself when you bought the cosmetics you want with grinding shards.

• Kat
    Kat Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2018
    Options

The grind for shards gets insane, when you reach higher levels and exp to level up becomes more.
    However I'm quite ok with it, because luckily I only wanted one Feng Outfit which I bought 1/3 with shards and the remaining two pieces with the cheapest auric cells pack. Considering I got the Game and all the dlc I own for free via Alienware, I'm cool with it.
    Now I'm only waiting for the shrine to go live to check the new system to get perks with shards.

• Pharmacy
    Pharmacy Member Posts: 29
    Options

The grind is reasonable considering how you basically get them without paying real money at the expense of taking a long time. That is why there are options to pay with shards and cells - you either pay real money and get them immediately, or you spend real time grinding points and not have to spend a penny (which also further justifies why shard prices are so high, since if it took a low amount of shards the grind would be too small to justify spending real money). It is up to you whether you want to acquire them one way or another.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Options
    I feel the prices are fine considering 80% can be unlocked with game time and that seems like an acceptable trade (pay $$ or time) in the current video game industry. 
  • Reynolds
    Reynolds Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm a fan of the grinding to unlock content as an alternative to buying to unlock in games. That being said, I don't understand how they came up with the cost. Some of these items cost the same as the game on sale. $10 for a 3 piece skin?! #########, charity case is less than that for a ton of skins.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    They are a little pricey, but like others have said I'm all for the grind. It gives me more to work for, and I'll have even more drive to play. On top of my addiction lol. I do however think the "cell only" skins are overpriced. Like, to the point that if I wasn't so hungry for new cosmetics I'd skip them, but they got me, so I'm stuck.
  • Lilly
    Lilly Member Posts: 4
    Options

I think I'm okay with the prices. For someone that me that plays a lot, I've gotten around 3500 shards in a week. I think it would probably be boring anyway if you just got enough shards super quickly and got all the skins. As for the cell only prices, those are a little over priced considering some are $4-5 for ONLY one piece of cosmetic.

• Krueger1428
    Krueger1428 Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Lilly said:

I think I'm okay with the prices. For someone that me that plays a lot, I've gotten around 3500 shards in a week. I think it would probably be boring anyway if you just got enough shards super quickly and got all the skins. As for the cell only prices, those are a little over priced considering some are $4-5 for ONLY one piece of cosmetic.

That's exactly where I'm at. The shards really don't bother me in the slightest as I want something to strive for. The cells though are just a tad ridiculous. I think they could use a rebalancing of some sort. Either that or give us a way to earn them in game. Even if it was as small as 1 cell a match.
  • SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    Options

They should bring back the shards we won in games so we can get a little boost per games, could be nice

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

The fact that it could take 5,000 hours (low balling that number btw) to unlock the “80%”, I don’t think you can just silly billy say “well it’s a grind”. That is a straight up SLOG. I’m a completionist, so I want all non-dlc stuff. No way I’m getting this stuff. I’ve dunped probably close to 5k hours on dbd, but that was when I was REALLY into the game, like really passionate. I can’t do that entire thing again, just for some recolors.