Tell me what you think Fan-Made

TrueKn1ghtmar3
TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
edited January 2019 in Creations
What makes a murderer? Are we all just pawns hanging by a thread in a game of life and death, good and evil? Are our fates detimined? Born to die, die to be reborn? Are we the product of our parents (or in some cases parent)? Or is there hope that we can determine our path free of The bonds of The past? In Join the Murder we look at the tragic fate that is being a killer. 

NOTE ON KILLER!!!: I understand this is possibly unbalanced I'm open to suggestions as to how to balance it while keeping the theme of the powers

KILLER: Alastor "Phobos" Crowe

A.K.A: The scarecrow

BACKSTORY: Alastor never had it easy, his life was a nightmare if any one who knew it could describe. He lost his mother at 8 when his father found his new hobby making scarecrows, one by one the town saw tragedy after tragedy each one marked with a new scarecrow from his father, his father was a severe drunkard, and severely outwardly violent. He watched his mother beaten daily for little to no reason, it wasn't long after her disappearance that the ball was in his court, each passing day feeling like 5 NFL games run back to back. Alastor was a very bright child despite being given little chance for education, he quickly deduced his father had a role in his mother's disapearance, and that of the town's folk, and he knew aslong as he appeased the man the ball would never fall to his younger brother Asher, who was but 4 at the time of their mothers disapearance. He worked, gained his father's confidence, slowly but surely working his way into his father's hidden life of drink and murder. He was 19 by the time he got his Jon to stop drinking by then the count of scare crows on their  farm were nearly 7 but only because the older ones had weathered and rotted away, or were picked clean by crows. It took 2 more years of Alastor leading victims to his dad for the safety of him and his brother, all the while trying to pull his father away from his bloodlust. He had actually grown to love the man, but peace was broken in the dead of night his father woke him up brought him to the barn, he told his son he either faced life in prison to die when they told him to, or the only thing he cared for in life could give him the death he wanted when he wanted, to be hung among his scarecrows and by his son's hands. Torch from father to son, he gave Alastor the sickle, his sickle. Stirring in side Alastor thought "if I end this now, if I kill my only parent, does it truly save me and my brother? Or does it make me the man I tried to change?" His father continuing to beg his son for the redemption only he could give as his father said "for me... And your mother" something ferocious stirred in him anger, he quickly and without hesitation drew the sickle across his father's chest continuing to slash and stab untill he heard a noise outside  grabbed the scyth from the wall and ran to see what it was. The mist thickened around him and he quickly lost his way and was never seen again.

ABILITY: Crowe's redemption.

•Power gauge takes 7 seconds to fill, once full channeling for 2 second moves your conciousness to the "scarecrow" body who's aura you are looking at. (Your current scarecrow body stays where it is, unoccupied scarecrow bodies cannot be place within 5m of each other)
•You can see all auras of scarecrows within 40m range.  (Power doesn't work in basement mainly the stairs leading down to)
•there are 4 scarecrow bodies (5 including the one you currently inhabit)
•Survivors can trap scarecrow bodies by completeing a 1min action, transporting your conciousness to a trapped body causes a stun similar to that of decisive strike.
•After transporting your conciousness to a new body you see the aura of the closest survivor out side of your tr for 4 seconds.

PERK 1. Crow hunt: reduces the time in which it takes crows respawn, and for crows to circle a non-moving survivor by 9%/18%/27%, survivors within 15/30/40m range that are being circled by crows are revealed to you. "Crows are the best tracking device, they will tell you where your target has gone off to" -Jonathan Crowe

PERK 2. Hamophobia: any hook that is currently hooking a survivor has a TR equal to 50%/100%/100% your current TR basement hooks unaffected/ unaffected/ affects basement hooks. "If it can kill, or facilitate such an end people will likely fear it, as they should..." -Jonathan Crowe

PERK 3. Confusion: make one survivor your obsession; each successful strike on anyone but your obsession adds a token to this perk. Hooking your obsession causes this perk to lose 2 tokens.

2: -/-/survivors are un-able to see your red stain.

3-4: -/20%/40% chance to show you and a survivor a false aura when they activate an aura-reading ability. (Aura shown depends on the aura ability)

5: your obsession can not use aura reading abilities.

"Misdirection, that is how you keep what you love safe" -Alastor Crowe

MORI: pulles out a sythe that is shown carried on his back and uses it to "reap" the survivor. (slices the ankles, then performs a series of quick deep slices to the abdomen)
WEAPON: Jonathan's sickle: the famous weapon of the notorious serial killer Jonathan Crowe willed to his eldest in his final moments.

MOVEMENT: 115%, 100% channeling power

TR: 26m

ADD-ONS:

UR- Crow Anatomy: spawns the scarecrow bodies within 20m of generators.

UR- Jonathan's eyes: when a survivor spends 15s within an angle of 45° and  a range of 12m infront of a scarecrow body their aura is revealed for 5 seconds (along with an faint audio pip)

VR- crimson strings: if any survivor passes infront of a scarecrow more than once it emits a terror radius and red stain for 30s

VR- black mask: you can see all scarecrow.

VR- alfalfa hay: start with 2 extra scarecrow bodies.

R- Jonathan's ears: If an injured (or dying) survivor moves within 10m of a scarcrow that scarecrow glows yellow for 5s.

R-Asher's telescope: slightly reduces the minimum distance to see survivors, start with 1 less scarecrow.

R- star map: slight increases the time to see survivors after switching bodies, moderately increases time to channel to a new body.

R- Indigo mask: considerably increases the distance in which you can see scarecrow.

UC- Timothy hay: +1 body

UC- Camo Mask: moderately increase the distance in which you can see scarecrow.

C- Burlap mask: slightly increase distance in which you can see scare Crow.

SURVIVOR: Asher Crowe,

17 y/o

BACKSTORY: The youngest son of notorious serial killer Jonathan Crowe (although unknown to him was his father's "profession"). Asher was but 4 when his mother disappeared, he had no recollection of her all Asher knew were the stories his older brother told but he knew pain hid behind the stories, and Asher could see that He was hurting physically but the cause of either wouldn't dawn on him, He watch as his brother and father drew closer and closer together, wanting to get close to his dad but his older brother always told him to stay way. This grew into somewhat of a one sided rivalry against Alastor. Him taking up creative ways to gain attention like wood whittling, his father always told him, long, steady strokes, cut away all the unused tissue, that is how you carve." Alastor always appearing right at the end to end the rendezvous. "Funny" he always thought thinking back to when Alastor said "you get it right Asher? We Crowe's have each other's backs". He continued to grow in the seemingly insurmountable shadow of his older brother.  Asher drew to other hobbies that gave him time to hiself like star gazing, and he had the perfect spot for it in the barn. His favorite spot to watch from was the loft you could lean against the hay and watch stars all night, and wake up with a clean blanket in the morning. One night his father seemed extra irritated so he decided to sneak out later that night. The clock struck midnight, and he was sure noone was awake he hadn't heard a sound for almost an hour. He quickly climed out his window, and pressed on for the barn,  he drew closer and heard talking but couldn't make it out. He drew closer and thought he heard his father say "for me and your mother", he quickly rushed to the window to see his brother wildly chopping at their father. He ran for it, tripping but quickly getting up hearing Alastor startle in the barn. The shadows sealed around him his eyes filled with tears how could he his brother kill their only father when he was loved most?

PERK 1. Birds of a feather: randomly pick 1/2/3 survivors when the match begins you are connected when you or one of those survivors would see an aura (due to your/their aura perk) you are also shown that aura. Cool down of 20s (do not show B.O.A.F auras to other survivors) "you get it right Asher? That's why we Crowes have each others backs." -Alastor Crowe

PERK 2. Wood carver: your action speed for cleansing a totem, sabotaging, and opening chests are 9%/15%/21% faster.
"No boy, you are doing it wrong. Long, steady strokes, dig deep, pull all the useless flesh away. That is how you carve" -Jonathan Crowe

PERK 3. Sibling rivalry: standing in the killer's tr for 15s/10s/10s fills a gague once full provides a token to this perk (max 5), once the killer would see another survivor (via killer perk) use a token and your aura is revealed instead (doesn't work on bbq). -/-/gain the obsession.
"Why are you the only one who gets father's attention?"-Asher Crowe

Map: There are three buildings on the map the house, the barn, and the KS, the house connects to the barn with an underground tunnel halfway through the tunnel is a meat freezer room where various bodies are hung, the basement spawns either in the barn or the KS. There are a few sparse hills the map is farm on one side (with the barn) and more wooded on the other (with the KS) the mid line being the house. 

•The house has three levels the main floor with 2 doors leading out side a window vault in the kitchen, stairs leading to a basement (not THE basement) and stairs leading to a second story. The (house) basement has a pasage going from behind the stairs that leads to the barn, and hidden meat freezer.

• The Barn has 2 levels one entrance through the big doors in front, stairs at the back (partially hidden by stacks of hay) lead to the top floor where there is a vault down through the front and a window vault leading you on to a tin roof. one of 6 horse stalls will serve as one if the basement spawns, also in the back hidden by it's stairs gowing up is the other entrance to the under ground tunnel.
Post edited by TrueKn1ghtmar3 on

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Idea seems pretty cool. I actually really like this idea. The Scarecrow power is a bit confusing but I guess that's because I am dumb ^^'. Otherwise a really solid idea. Maybe other people could give you better feedback.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Shad03 said:

Idea seems pretty cool. I actually really like this idea. The Scarecrow power is a bit confusing but I guess that's because I am dumb ^^'. Otherwise a really solid idea. Maybe other people could give you better feedback.

Yea you probably aren't dumb I just have a very odd way of wording things lol
  • Shad03

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shad03 said:

Same here. Seems like we are birds of a feather.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shad03 said:

Lol but seriously if you need me to explain the power just tell me which part confuses you
  • Shad03

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Shad03 said:

Lol but seriously if you need me to explain the power just tell me which part confuses you

I guess just the whole power in general. From a gameplay point of view I doubt it would be really useful in a chase (unless you intend for this to be a stealth killer but I doubt that). But the power would be pretty unique all things considered, I just feel like you should give a option to place down the scarecrows so you have more control over where they are, unless changing consciousness leaves the current one in the last place you were. If that, then I find no problem.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Shad03 said:

I guess just the whole power in general. From a gameplay point of view I doubt it would be really useful in a chase (unless you intend for this to be a stealth killer but I doubt that). But the power would be pretty unique all things considered, I just feel like you should give a option to place down the scarecrows so you have more control over where they are, unless changing consciousness leaves the current one in the last place you were. If that, then I find no problem.

Exactly you can use the bodies to your benefit, jump to a body (they will have collision so use them to block areas), just need to add something that keeps you from putting 2+ scarecrows within 5m of each other as this could be used to block off entire gens (definately would suck on lampkin) 
  • Shad03

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Shad03 said:

Exactly you can use the bodies to your benefit, jump to a body (they will have collision so use them to block areas), just need to add something that keeps you from putting 2+ scarecrows within 5m of each other as this could be used to block off entire gens (definately would suck on lampkin) 

Alright, then I have no problems with the power then. Thank you for clarifying.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Shad03 said:

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Shad03 said:

Alright, then I have no problems with the power then. Thank you for clarifying.

Yea it is sort of like hag mixed with trapper, but they aren't traps just extra bodies (so ig you could throw legion in the ingredient list lol)
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    A good perk for this killer would be tier 3 insidious, 2 seconds and it looks like you switched to a new body just wait at a gen until that hidden surv comes back lol
  • Huntedfailure
    Huntedfailure Member Posts: 181

I actually really like this chapter idea it has an interesting story and the killer seems really interesting but i feel that some of the perks are kinda bland but all around really good

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

I actually really like this chapter idea it has an interesting story and the killer seems really interesting but i feel that some of the perks are kinda bland but all around really good

Thank you and if you would like to see a few more of my fan made perks check 
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39854/truekn1ghtmar3s-perks#latest
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Since your killer doesnt seem to get any information from his scarecrows (aura reading or notifications) until he actively teleports, he might even be on the weaker side.
    He seems like the trapper with a very weak tracking tool added to him.

I like the idea though but it accidentily is very similiar to the Hell Ember of Identity V. You might want to look him up ;p

Balance wise i can add that adding vision to those scarecrows (notifications\ aura reading\change of the scarecrow aura) might get a bit too strong because of the number of scarecrows.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3

Since your killer doesnt seem to get any information from his scarecrows (aura reading or notifications) until he actively teleports, he might even be on the weaker side.
    He seems like the trapper with a very weak tracking tool added to him.

I like the idea though but it accidentily is very similiar to the Hell Ember of Identity V. You might want to look him up ;p

Balance wise i can add that adding vision to those scarecrows (notifications\ aura reading\change of the scarecrow aura) might get a bit too strong because of the number of scarecrows.

I ment to not give the extra scarecrow body's any aura reading so that an add-on would be needed to do that, I feel like the ability to use them to your advantage to completely "body block" an area causing survivors to hit dead ends left and right or to block off one side of a generator, block off some entrances to the KS? It's your bodies do with them as you want
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Update: added me offerings (some common and others VR) as well as tweaked the power
  • BillyBoiMain
    BillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164
    What makes a murderer? Are we all just pawns hanging by a thread in a game of life and death, good and evil? Are our fates detimined? Born to die, die to be reborn? Are we the product of our parents (or in some cases parent)? Or is there hope that we can determine our path free of The bonds of The past? In Join the Murder we look at the tragic fate that is being a killer. 

NOTE ON KILLER!!!: I understand this is possibly unbalanced I'm open to suggestions as to how to balance it while keeping the theme of the powers

BACKSTORY: Alastor never had it easy, his life was a nightmare if any one who knew it could describe. He lost his mother at 8 when his father found his new hobby making scarecrows, one by one the town saw tragedy after tragedy each one marked with a new scarecrow from his father, his father was a severe drunkard, and severely outwardly violent. He watched his mother beaten daily for little to no reason, it wasn't long after her disappearance that the ball was in his court, each passing day feeling like 5 NFL games run back to back. Alastor was a very bright child despite being given little chance for education, he quickly deduced his father had a role in his mother's disapearance, and that of the town's folk, and he knew aslong as he appeased the man the ball would never fall to his younger brother Asher, who was but 4 at the time of their mothers disapearance. He worked, gained his father's confidence, slowly but surely working his way into his father's hidden life of drink and murder. He was 19 by the time he got his Jon to stop drinking by then the count of scare crows on their  farm were nearly 7 but only because the older ones had weathered and rotted away, or were picked clean by crows. It took 2 more years of Alastor leading victims to his dad for the safety of him and his brother, all the while trying to pull his father away from his bloodlust. He had actually grown to love the man, but peace was broken in the dead of night his father woke him up brought him to the barn, he told his son he either faced life in prison to die when they told him to, or the only thing he cared for in life could give him the death he wanted when he wanted, to be hung among his scarecrows and by his son's hands. Torch from father to son, he gave Alastor the sickle, his sickle. Stirring in side Alastor thought "if I end this now, if I kill my only parent, does it truly save me and my brother? Or does it make me the man I tried to change?" His father continuing to beg his son for the redemption only he could give as his father said "for me... And your mother" something ferocious stirred in him anger, he quickly and without hesitation drew the sickle across his father's chest continuing to slash and stab untill he heard a noise outside  grabbed the scyth from the wall and ran to see what it was. The mist thickened around him and he quickly lost his way and was never seen again.

•Power gauge takes 7 seconds to fill, once full channeling for 2 second moves your conciousness to the "scarecrow" body who's aura you are looking at. (Your current scarecrow body stays where it is, unoccupied scarecrow bodies cannot be place within 5m of each other)
    •You can see all auras of scarecrows within 40m range.  (Power doesn't work in basement mainly the stairs leading down to)
    •Survivors can trap scarecrow bodies by completeing a 1min action, transporting your conciousness to a trapped body causes a stun similar to that of decisive strike.
    •After transporting your conciousness to a new body you see the aura of the closest survivor out side of your tr for 4 seconds.

PERK 1. Crow hunt: reduces the time in which it takes crows respawn, and for crows to circle a non-moving survivor by 9%/18%/27%, survivors within 15/30/40m range that are being circled by crows are revealed to you. "Crows are the best tracking device, they will tell you where your target has gone off to" -Jonathan Crowe

PERK 2. Hamophobia: any hook that is currently hooking a survivor has a TR equal to 50%/100%/100% your current TR basement hooks unaffected/ unaffected/ affects basement hooks. "If it can kill, or facilitate such an end people will likely fear it, as they should..." -Jonathan Crowe

PERK 3. Hex: confusion: make one survivor your obsession; each successful strike on anyone but your obsession adds a token to this totem.

3-4: -/20%/40% chance to show you and a survivor a false aura when they activate an aura-reading ability. (Aura shown depends on the aura ability)

MORI: pulles out a sythe that is shown carried on his back and uses it to "reap" the survivor. (slices the ankles, then performs a series of quick deep slices to the abdomen)
    WEAPON: Jonathan's sickle: the famous weapon of the notorious serial killer Jonathan Crowe willed to his eldest in his final moments.

ADD-ONS:

UR- Jonathan's eyes: when a survivor spends 15s within an angle of 45° and  a range of 12m infront of a scarecrow body their aura is revealed for 5 seconds (along with an faint audio pip)

VR- crimson strings: if any survivor passes infront of a scarecrow more than once it emits a terror radius and red stain for 30s

R- Jonathan's ears: If an injured (or dying) survivor moves within 10m of a scarcrow that scarecrow glows yellow for 5s.

R-Asher's telescope: slightly reduces the minimum distance to see survivors, start with 1 less scarecrow.

R- star map: slight increases the time to see survivors after switching bodies, moderately increases time to channel to a new body.

R- Indigo mask: considerably increases the distance in which you can see scarecrow.

17 y/o

BACKSTORY: The youngest son of notorious serial killer Jonathan Crowe (although unknown to him was his father's "profession"). Asher was but 4 when his mother disappeared, he had no recollection of her all Asher knew were the stories his older brother told but he knew pain hid behind the stories, and Asher could see that He was hurting physically but the cause of either wouldn't dawn on him, He watch as his brother and father drew closer and closer together, wanting to get close to his dad but his older brother always told him to stay way. This grew into somewhat of a one sided rivalry against Alastor. Him taking up creative ways to gain attention like wood whittling, his father always told him, long, steady strokes, cut away all the unused tissue, that is how you carve." Alastor always appearing right at the end to end the rendezvous. "Funny" he always thought thinking back to when Alastor said "you get it right Asher? We Crowe's have each other's backs". He continued to grow in the seemingly insurmountable shadow of his older brother.  Asher drew to other hobbies that gave him time to hiself like star gazing, and he had the perfect spot for it in the barn. His favorite spot to watch from was the loft you could lean against the hay and watch stars all night, and wake up with a clean blanket in the morning. One night his father seemed extra irritated so he decided to sneak out later that night. The clock struck midnight, and he was sure noone was awake he hadn't heard a sound for almost an hour. He quickly climed out his window, and pressed on for the barn,  he drew closer and heard talking but couldn't make it out. He drew closer and thought he heard his father say "for me and your mother", he quickly rushed to the window to see his brother wildly chopping at their father. He ran for it, tripping but quickly getting up hearing Alastor startle in the barn. The shadows sealed around him his eyes filled with tears how could he his brother kill their only father when he was loved most?

PERK 1. Birds of a feather: randomly pick 1/2/3 survivors when the match begins you are connected when you or one of those survivors would see an aura (due to your/their aura perk) you are also shown that aura. Cool down of 20s (do not show B.O.A.F auras to other survivors) "you get it right Asher? That's why we Crowes have each others backs." -Alastor Crowe

PERK 2. Wood carver: your action speed for cleansing a totem, sabotaging, and opening chests are 9%/15%/21% faster.
    "No boy, you are doing it wrong. Long, steady strokes, dig deep, pull all the useless flesh away. That is how you carve" -Jonathan Crowe

PERK 3. Sibling rivalry: standing in the killer's tr for 15s/10s/10s fills a gague once full provides a token to this perk (max 5), once the killer would see another survivor (via killer perk) use a token and your aura is revealed instead (doesn't work on bbq). -/-/gain the obsession.

Map: There are three buildings on the map the house, the barn, and the KS, the house connects to the barn with an underground tunnel halfway through the tunnel is a meat freezer room where various bodies are hung, the basement spawns either in the barn or the KS. There are a few sparse hills the map is farm on one side (with the barn) and more wooded on the other (with the KS) the mid line being the house. 

•The house has three levels the main floor with 2 doors leading out side a window vault in the kitchen, stairs leading to a basement (not THE basement) and stairs leading to a second story. The (house) basement has a pasage going from behind the stairs that leads to the barn, and hidden meat freezer.

• The Barn has 2 levels one entrance through the big doors in front, stairs at the back (partially hidden by stacks of hay) lead to the top floor where there is a vault down through the front and a window vault leading you on to a tin roof. one of 6 horse stalls will serve as one if the basement spawns, also in the back hidden by it's stairs gowing up is the other entrance to the under ground tunnel.
    The killer’s ability is a pretty cool idea, but does it help in the chase? It seems a bit complicated but it is probably because I am bad at understanding things, I will just talk about the perks.

Crow Hunt: A bit underpowered and quite similar to Spies From The Shadows.

Hamophobia: Good idea but how would the hooked survivors not know that your camping and if you had insidious on would you still have 100% terror raidus or 0 terror raidus? I’m nitpicking but still good idea!

Hex: Confusion: A hex/obsession perk? Maybe if it wasn’t a hex but instead every time you hook your obsession, lose all tokens? It would be a lot stronger there.

For the survivor perks:
    Birds of a feather: Like a better aftercare, good perk!

Wood Carver: Again balanced, fair and a great idea overall, nice ideas man!

Sibling Rivalry: This if it was used correctly would be a god perk, but maybe if you begin the match with all five tokens and no way of getting tokens might make it slightly more balanced.

Your ideas are really good, I can tell you put a lot of thought into this perks,abilities and characters. I really want to see both killer and survivor in game. Good Chapter!

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    edited January 2019

PERK 3. Hex: confusion: make one survivor your obsession; each successful strike on anyone but your obsession adds a token to this totem.

ADD-ONS:

17 y/o

The killer’s ability is a pretty cool idea, but does it help in the chase? It seems a bit complicated but it is probably because I am bad at understanding things, I will just talk about the perks.

Crow Hunt: A bit underpowered and quite similar to Spies From The Shadows.

Hamophobia: Good idea but how would the hooked survivors not know that your camping and if you had insidious on would you still have 100% terror raidus or 0 terror raidus? I’m nitpicking but still good idea!

Hex: Confusion: A hex/obsession perk? Maybe if it wasn’t a hex but instead every time you hook your obsession, lose all tokens? It would be a lot stronger there.

For the survivor perks:
    Birds of a feather: Like a better aftercare, good perk!

Wood Carver: Again balanced, fair and a great idea overall, nice ideas man!

Sibling Rivalry: This if it was used correctly would be a god perk, but maybe if you begin the match with all five tokens and no way of getting tokens might make it slightly more balanced.

Your ideas are really good, I can tell you put a lot of thought into this perks,abilities and characters. I really want to see both killer and survivor in game. Good Chapter!

thanks for the suggestions and and critique, the power isn't ment to help all too much in a chase other than using a body to occasionally block an area or path off, or to see an aura (when switching) so you can start chases.
    Update: fixed the issue with confusion
  • Sumpsausage
    Sumpsausage Member Posts: 13
    Hey there TrueKn1ghtmar3

I came from my own scarecrow post that you replied on.

I like the idea of brother rivalry, I did find the story a bit hard to follow with characters intentions and stuff. I did how ever just wake up so I possibly have morning brain.

The idea of having dummies across that map is good, dont get me wrong, but I just have a question. Is that ability too similar to either "The Hag" or The Trapper". That was the reason why I kept away from the decoy idea (although I do like it), but what do you think?

Solid effort my dude, you put alot of time into this and you should proud  :)
  • TrueKn1ghtmar3
    Hey there TrueKn1ghtmar3

I like the idea of brother rivalry, I did find the story a bit hard to follow with characters intentions and stuff. I did how ever just wake up so I possibly have morning brain.

The idea of having dummies across that map is good, dont get me wrong, but I just have a question. Is that ability too similar to either "The Hag" or The Trapper". That was the reason why I kept away from the decoy idea (although I do like it), but what do you think?

When i was writing the story I was looking at it from a psychological point of veiw, older brother having had time with the mother wanting to protect the younger from the father allowing the younger to grow in ignorant bliss, while the older brother (still knowing why he does it) grows to slightly despise his younger while growing close and changing his father into the role modle he wanted. This causes the older brother to build a bond with the father that grow as the years pass, the younger brother still ignorant of the whole situation all he knows is how close his brother and father is and he yearns for that. fast forward to the raid (the night they disappear) the dad called the older brother outside (he some how gained knowledge of this event). The father knowing his uncertain fate in jail (having killed his wife and countless towns folk), he wanted one last bit of control in the end as most sociopaths do. He demanded his son (his prodigee for years) to kill him and hide his body among the scarecrows. At this point his younger brother (determining they are most likely asleep) left the house to go to his star gazing spot in the barn (where his father and brother where plotting the demise of the former). The younger brother draws closer to the barn he hears something about his dead mother (who he mostlikely doesn't remember, yet would love to know) this draws him to the window where he sees his older brother brutally murdering his father, this fills him with terror that his brother has gone crazy or something. Switch sides and rewind a bit. The older brother would be very hesitant about killing his father, firstly he doesn't want to become his father, secondly he has grown to love his father. But on the other hand he still feels the need to protect his younger brother as he is not too certain that his father has changed he still kills. The tipping point is what his father says knowing it would tip his son to murder, bringing up his dead mother who's murder was mystery to neither, the one pivotal role modle in his life. This fills him with rage causing him to brutally hack at his father. Upon hearing an unknown noise out side he gained pursuit in a mix of fear (of being discovered) rage (being made to murder his father for a multitude of reasons), and bloodlust (his first taste of blood links him further to his father bringing out a truely sadistic side).
  • Sumpsausage

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    Sumpsausage said:

Hey there TrueKn1ghtmar3

When i was writing the story I was looking at it from a psychological point of veiw, older brother having had time with the mother wanting to protect the younger from the father allowing the younger to grow in ignorant bliss, while the older brother (still knowing why he does it) grows to slightly despise his younger while growing close and changing his father into the role modle he wanted. This causes the older brother to build a bond with the father that grow as the years pass, the younger brother still ignorant of the whole situation all he knows is how close his brother and father is and he yearns for that. fast forward to the raid (the night they disappear) the dad called the older brother outside (he some how gained knowledge of this event). The father knowing his uncertain fate in jail (having killed his wife and countless towns folk), he wanted one last bit of control in the end as most sociopaths do. He demanded his son (his prodigee for years) to kill him and hide his body among the scarecrows. At this point his younger brother (determining they are most likely asleep) left the house to go to his star gazing spot in the barn (where his father and brother where plotting the demise of the former). The younger brother draws closer to the barn he hears something about his dead mother (who he mostlikely doesn't remember, yet would love to know) this draws him to the window where he sees his older brother brutally murdering his father, this fills him with terror that his brother has gone crazy or something. Switch sides and rewind a bit. The older brother would be very hesitant about killing his father, firstly he doesn't want to become his father, secondly he has grown to love his father. But on the other hand he still feels the need to protect his younger brother as he is not too certain that his father has changed he still kills. The tipping point is what his father says knowing it would tip his son to murder, bringing up his dead mother who's murder was mystery to neither, the one pivotal role modle in his life. This fills him with rage causing him to brutally hack at his father. Upon hearing an unknown noise out side he gained pursuit in a mix of fear (of being discovered) rage (being made to murder his father for a multitude of reasons), and bloodlust (his first taste of blood links him further to his father bringing out a truely sadistic side).

Hey there TrueKn1ghtmar3

I like the story and it sounds better now that I have an understanding. I like what your going with it but I just have a few questions about the (not to be rude) realism of the characters emotions in the story.

From what I gathered the older brother first suspected and then figured out that the father killed the mother. From most cases I would expect the character to kind of pull back and be resilient or even aggressive towards the father as one would be if he suspected or even knew about him killing his mother. I'm not too sure if there was a reason as well for the father killing the mother and people, unless he is just crazy. I know your kind of going for an older brother wanting to protect the younger brother from the father kind of feel and in getting close he starts to see a good side in him (if I'm reading that right), but I have idea for a slight change to the story that you can take or leave that's up to you.

I like the oblivious younger brother side of the story as well, with him wanting his fathers attention and not knowing the true story, but what if you swapped the killer from the Older brother to the younger brother (hear me out :) ).

What you could do with the story is have the older brother suspecting his father is the killer and acts nice to his face but really inside hates his guts, because of the suspicion. While in the mean time the younger brother is starting to get upset and even a little bit insanely possessive over the father, about the fact he isn't getting as much "love/attention" as the older brother is. Because the Older brother is trying to get close to find out if he did it or not he slowly start to neglect and even forget about the younger brother as he tries to peruse his suspicions. The younger brother tries to prove his worth over and over, but still never lives up the older brother (this would make anyone mad).
    Then the turning point, the older brother, I don't know, goes down in the cellar of the house, finds a closet in the barn that stinks (where ever the secret place of all the scarecrow bodies are) and he finds the dead bodies of the families and his mother stuffed inside the scarecrow (I think this what the father did?).
    He gets shocked and wanting to protect his brother runs into there rooms and start packing clothes and stuff. He says "they have to leave" but the younger brother has already snapped and plots the kill the older brother, the older brother want to tell him but is afraid of the father hearing them in the house.
    Some serious stuff goes down and the younger brother is all crazy and kills the father in front of the older brother (kind of like, if I can't have him no one will sort of thing). The younger brother finds the scarecrows in the barn or something, starts to laugh about this whole thing, about him wanting the love of the man who killed his mother and gets mad at the older brother for keeping him from this secret the whole time.
    He then eventually snaps even further making him even more crazy and not being able to trust people anymore, what's real and what's not real kind of thing and puts on the scarecrow mask because he has realized he is just as mad/bad as his father then picks up the mantel of scarecrow and tries to kill the older brother.
    At this point you could have two endings, the older brother is killed or the older brother loses the scarecrow and then the fog rolls in. That's up to you :)

If you did go with this version of the story you will probably have to rename the perks and rework almost all the lore you have put within the perks, weapons and abilities.

But I would love to hear what you think of this reworked story. Like I said I'm not here to burst your bubble just some friendly idea bouncing, but yeah tell me what you think.

All the best my dude :)

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    It is a great concept but i being the eldest can relate closer to the older brother story and how it plays the older brother is never aware that the person he is chasing is his younger brother he is in a rage blinded by a multitude of emotions the main one being the protection of his younger brother (as he would believe that in his absence the brother could be hurt or worse killed) these ideals were instilled in him by his mother along with the idea to change the father, thats why he didnt resent him because he knew his father was a drunk with an anger problem but that wasnt "who" he was or atleast who he could be. Even though he kept working on his father he always knew what a slippery slope the progress was built on, he grew to love the man but still feared for his and his brother's safety.
  • Sumpsausage

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:
    It is a great concept but i being the eldest can relate closer to the older brother story and how it plays the older brother is never aware that the person he is chasing is his younger brother he is in a rage blinded by a multitude of emotions the main one being the protection of his younger brother (as he would believe that in his absence the brother could be hurt or worse killed) these ideals were instilled in him by his mother along with the idea to change the father, thats why he didnt resent him because he knew his father was a drunk with an anger problem but that wasnt "who" he was or atleast who he could be. Even though he kept working on his father he always knew what a slippery slope the progress was built on, he grew to love the man but still feared for his and his brother's safety.

Okay I got ya, kind of like not wanting to give up on him. Because he realized he isn't living out of true self or true nature. He's living out of a lesser more broken version of himself.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    edited January 2019

@TrueKn1ghtmar3 said:

Okay I got ya, kind of like not wanting to give up on him. Because he realized he isn't living out of true self or true nature. He's living out of a lesser more broken version of himself.

Yes in a sense I was asking my self what would be the most tragic killer (as most my killers are, sad tragedies). A boy forced to kill his father, forced to chase his brother out of fear to protect him.
    You should check out my flame killer,
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40498/fan-made-chapter-burning-desire#latest