So why can't the studio take time out of new chapters to work on a new framework?

Options

I know people are going to come in saying that it would take way too much time to build it from the ground up but you're forgetting one crucial element. Dead By Daylight mobile's engine. That's more stable and optimised than what we have over in the core branch. Since the dev studio is partnered with the folks behind mobile, why not use the already established engine they have and improve on it for the core game?

Having this framework would reduce overall instability ranging from game performance and the likelihood of bugs. Due to this and other factors, the efficiency at which the programmers can work on the game would be increased by a noticeable amount and would be less hassle for them than it already is with the structure the current one has. I'm willing to accept criticism as I'd like to hear genuine discussion had on this topic since I've never seen anyone talk about the possibility of rebuilding the engine using an already established one like mobile's.

Comments