We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Does ever popular 'Nowhere to Hide' perk need a cooldown?

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562

Does ever popular 'Nowhere to Hide' perk need a cooldown? 38 votes

Yes
18%
Rareware0192Marc_go_soloHalloullejonifirehexmilkneasbasementTommyDorkelson 7 votes
No
65%
GibberishKaanakinbjorksnasCrowmanFobboBasementDwellerjust_one_playerAurelleChikyArchol123HugTechLoverCypherius3V1L_BR1CKztuttoinunavoltaWextonRareFantom47CorvusCorax86kinupssDepressedlegion 25 votes
Maybe. Perhaps 20 or 30 seconds
15%
GuiltiiTheSingularityAus661RenierFoempticolchilltutorialomg_is_that_jesus 6 votes

Comments

• kin
    kin Member Posts: 551
    Options
    No

This perk already has a recharge in the form of a path to another generator that has started to be repaired, which will often take just these 20-30 seconds, and you should be strongly led so that the interval between uses is less. And if we talk about strong killers like a nurse...to be honest, I would generally remove their ability to see auras when they use power

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,318
    Options

I wouldn’t give it a cooldown, but I would change its range to always stay centered on the generator instead of following the killer for the 5 seconds.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options
    Yes

This sounds better to me. Currently it's brainless tracking. I'd rather a better restriction such as this.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    No

As much as I hate this perk, it's fine where it is. A cool down would be unnecessary.

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    No

The problem with the perk, in my opinion, is that the aura reading is within 24 meters of the killer's position rather than the gen's position. Making it super good on Blight and Nurse.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,042
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Yes

On most killers it's not an issue that NTH doesn't have cooldown. - But on the few killers where it is an issue, it is a real issue. Luckily, putting a cooldown on it isn't an issue for the first group of killers either; as long as the cooldown isn't more than ~25 seconds it's fair to say they'll hardly even notice the cooldown since it takes them about that long to get to another gen anyway.

Alternatively, I would also agree to a version where instead of a cooldown the aura read is centered on the gen and not on the killer.

Either works for me. I'm just really sick of high mobility killers spamming NTH to essentially have perma wallhacks.

Edit: On second thought; especially with e.g. Nurse a cooldown would make more sense than the gen focus though.