We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

What is your opinion about the Hillbilly?

Options
Astel
Astel Member Posts: 616

Please give your opinion.

What is your opinion about the Hillbilly? 44 votes

He needs massive buff.
27%
GibberishGeneralVAurellexni6_ChikyArchol123tuttoinunavoltaWexton09SHARKBOSSD0NN1ED4RK0AstelHypeTheUltimate 12 votes
He needs minor buff.
52%
The_DaydreamerA_Can_Of_AirInsaneCoastertenoresaxDontyodelsohardMarc_go_soloHeaderViktor1853GuiltiiMoonshineAddonsjust_one_playersizzlingmario4Iron_CutlassCypheriusCorvusCorax86DepressedlegionTheSingularityjonifireRFSa09XenRedspike 23 votes
He is fine with current status.
20%
gnehehexEaMazoobiHerInfernalMajestySteakdabaitRareFantom47hexmilkPilotBob654TommyDorkelson 9 votes
He needs minor nerf.
0%
He needs massive nerf.
0%

Comments

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    edited November 2023
    Options

He is fine, just some addon pass to rework the useless addons!

Keep in mind: only the top of the elite deserves to be part of the billy's club and to dominate every single pub game with LP/BBQ/Enduring/ShadowBorn with stylish and lovely curves.

Only the recent (and stupid indoor) maps must be reworked to be more consistent with old good map style.

If you are not part of that top elite, that is not my problem: practice your curves and do not complain 🙃

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,197
    Options
    He needs massive buff.

It would be nice for him to be as strong as he used to be, just so he is worth the effort you need to put into him to get good. (Without charge time addons stacking ovbiously)

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    He needs massive buff.

He needs overheat to be removed completely. It was a terrible power design decision and shouldn't have been added in the first place. He also needs a lot of his addons reworked to be better.

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options

I think he's fine where he is, I mean, hitboxes and clutter are obviously an issue, but that's not a Billy problem, it's a map problem. I see the Overheat mechanic as fine, it isn't necessary, but I've never heard an actual reason why it was bad. I mean, sure cross-map Billy is now a risk because your chainsaw is put on a timer, but other than that, nothing.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    He needs minor buff.

Whenever I hear the revving of a saw during a match I always want it to be Hillbilly... but then Bubba Sawyer smashes me with his hammer out of the blue.

• Archol123
    Options
    He needs massive buff.

It is an unnecessary mechanic that does not really serve any purpose but to waste addon slots for Billy and make him worse for no reason.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    He needs minor buff.

I think he is fine, but could get a buff in curving and a smaller hitbox to not hit everything.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,759
    Options
    He needs minor buff.

Expanding on this:

~Heavy Clutch should be basekit; for those who dont know, it reduces the collision zone specifically with objects and environment, it does not affect collision with Survivors, meaning you wont hit off screen objects when using this addon.

~Dad's Boots should be basekit; just makes Billy easier to learn and the addon by itself provides a small enough buff to not be too big of a change.

~More Bloodpoints for downing a healthy Survivor with a Chainsaw Sprint; Bonus BP Score for downing an injured Survivor to encourage players to use their Chainsaw over M1'ing.

~Collision with objects and environment is removed for 0.5 seconds when starting a Chainsaw Sprint.

~Hillbilly should no longer hit objects and environment after canceling a Chainsaw Sprint while too close to an object (you can get put into two different cooldowns sometimes, which with how his cooldowns are, it was miserable).

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options

But is it an issue? Is there a problem involved that has halted the enjoyment of the player? In the long term, not necessarily, it's a limit to Billy that most players don't even reach when playing competitively. There's no way for it to be exploited by either side, so in a way, it is quite healthy.

Now, what if Billy didn't have the overheating mechanic? I'll try to think about that for a minute.

One way to counter Billy is jumping into a locker while he's revving the chainsaw, correct? If Billy did not have the overheat mechanic, then he could just sit in front of the locker until the Survivor comes out or is forced out by the Entity due to the end-game collapse. This is by either the closing of hatch, in which the Survivor is already dead upon being found, or the other Survivors complete the gens and open the gates.

And what about camping? There's an anti-camping mechanic, sure, but the basement is still a thing and it doesn't work during the endgame. So, there is no way to get the unhook without Billy's overheat mechanic so long as he keeps the chainsaw at 90%.

The overheat mechanic encourages an aggressive playstyle rather than a slow and patient one, which is kinda what you use a chainsaw for. Was the mechanic needed at the time, likely not, but I wasn't there to experience it. But when I was a new player, I didn't mind the mechanic and it never got in my way of having fun.

• Archol123
    Options
    He needs massive buff.

When you want to use your chainsaw for mobility and immediatly afterwards then yes, because you overheat when traversing the map.

The locker gameplay does not change because you can just rev it as long as you need to overheat and get a guaranteed grab out of the locker because you don't suffer any cooldown from the overheating.

There are other killers that are far better at camping than Billy is...

The overheat mechanic is an unnecessary addition to his kit and basically serves no purpose.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Mostly fine, just needs his useless addons buffed/reworked. Most of the issues with billy are map design not the character itself.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TURN ADDONS BASEKIT AND RUIN YEARS OF MUSCLE MEMORY

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options
    He needs minor buff.

I think of they increased the speed of his chainsaw attack and alter the engravings to accommodate this, then I'd be fine with him. Currently, his Chainsaw Sprint is just too slow and easy to dodge.