We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Which game had the biggest chance of being a major competitor to DBD

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562

Which game had the biggest chance of being a major competitor to DBD 29 votes

Friday the 13th
6%
RaconteurminatorPlas 2 votes
VHS Video Horror Society
20%
kinFFirebranddViktor1853CorvusCorax86HypeTheUltimatemrCactus 6 votes
TCM Texas Chainsaw Massacre
20%
tenoresaxDontyodelsohard3V1L_BR1CKzDepressedlegionomg_is_that_jesusAlix_Redfield 6 votes
Other (Leave comment)
6%
alaenyia09SHARKBOSS 2 votes
None of them
44%
HerInfernalMajestyhumanbeing1704InsaneCoasterMooksChurchofPigMarc_go_soloAurelleSmoeJudithMorelCypheriusTheSingularityhexmilkTommyDorkelson 13 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    Options
    None of them

Despite these games having or had potential I still don't think any would come close to DBD level of success. Given its licenses, uniqueness, and huge following its pretty much in a class of its own.

Not to say another competitor won't rise but it likely won't be anytime soon.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    Other (Leave comment)

sorry guys i gotta say it

FNAF it has a decent chance of coming to the game and to be honest i want it to be in the game

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    None of them

I don't think anything will majorly compete with DBD, for a long while anyway.

DBD is basically its own type of game, with it's huge amount of licensed content and unique gameplay that really no other game has done before.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Other (Leave comment)

I think Prop Night is the closest to being a fun and engaging competitor. I play that occasionally in lieu of DbD.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    VHS Video Horror Society

VHS was the only one I was interested in but just before I could start it the announcement came.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,159
    Options
    None of them

somehow, none of them..

I think HSH survive had a chance with the artstyle and not being tied to a single license - does that even exist anymore at least in Asian regions?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,731
    Options
    None of them

None of them

The issue with most assyms is that they don’t have a console port

And also the fact that they usually tend to be very slow with updates

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited December 2023
    Options
    VHS Video Horror Society

VHS had a real shot at it. There was a good number of things it did way better than DBD. However it got very hurt by several things going wrong all at once and was somehow even more snowbally and frustrating when the matchmaker messed up than DBD. They did take steps to fix it, but it was too late.