We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How do you guys keep going?

Options
totallynotamegmain
totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 450
edited November 2023 in Off-topic

bro I don’t have motivation to do this anymore how do y’all keep this up pls tell me I need advice

Post edited by EQWashu on

Answers

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Get a SWF and then you won't have to rely on poor matchmaking providing noobs as teammates no matter the hours you have. For the killer side I just suggest not taking it as seriously. Really bad advice, I know, but it's all I got. 😔

• totallynotamegmain
    edited November 2023
    Options

I can’t make a SWF as I have no friends due to my social isolation 💀

and playing killer always makes me worry because I feel like killing someone could end up ruining their day

and I don’t know if either of those are going to rekindle my dying motivation to keep going

• mikewelk
    Options

I was lucky enough to find a friend whilst playing and I never usually accept people's friend requests, I made the exception for them. We don't even talk, we just message, but it makes the experience so much better.

Don't think so much about others feelings. They have probably died countless times and, as long as you played fairly, they won't really mind. It sucks to die, sure, but that's a killers role after all. They will respect you for playing fairly and, on the odd occassion. you'll get someone crying about it. That's just how multiplayer games are.

• totallynotamegmain
    edited November 2023
    Options

I’m gonna try but honestly I’m just disinterested in everything to do with gaming and my hobbies. I used to find them fun but for a while now I’ve just found myself lacking any motivation to move on

• mikewelk
    Options

To be honest I'd probably take advantage of that. Try playing single player games like The Last of Us and take a break from DBD. It's such a toxic environment with so much issues yet to be addressed. I don't know why I play it. Really, I don't.

• totallynotamegmain
    Options

But that’s the thing. I haven’t played dbd for around a month now or any other game, single player or not. I don’t really ever do anything during my day besides work and stay in bed feeling tired but unable to sleep. And if I’m not doing that I’m just doing whatever feeling numb. Couple this with my insomnia and you get a recipe for a very boring and unmotivated life

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,480
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hey totallynotamegmain,

I am sorry you are dealing with these feelings right now, and send you all the positive energy I can.

However, the forum is not designed to assist in these types of situations, nor can we offer any personal advice in these kind of matters. Because of this, the thread needs to be closed here.

Crisis hotline - Wikipedia there are telephone numbers for no matter where you are in the world, which you can reach to talk to someone professionally; and many of these services offer text chats, if you do not wish to talk over the phone.

These feelings need to be discussed with medical professionals, and that is just not something that can be found here. We can, however, tell you that you are appreciated, and send our love and best wishes.

<3

-EQ

This discussion has been closed.