why give killers useless vaults?

Ok so leegion survivors when you vault a pallet can re-vault it before you can move at all, same for chucky now, weskar's pallet vault is useless as they can run around the loop and be on the other side of the pallet again before you can M1 they can vault it again safely. survivors know this and vaulting only catches new players off guard. if vaulting a pallet gives no advantage vs survivors that know these things than the ability to vault is pretty well novelty only. what's the point if the vault itself is not tactically advantagious?

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,481

It definitely doesn't work against Legion. You can immediately hit that survivor because there is no cooldown after your vault.

Against Wesker it shouldn't work, because there is mechanic that would automatically make him hit a survivor that is too close after a vault. It's just that he was bugged for a pretty long time and I honestly lost track, if it works now. If it doesn't, then that is a bug. His pallet vault won't give you free hits on every structure, which is good, but it can definitely help, if you use it at the right pallets. In general, it's better to only use it on pallets that are incredibly strong. Otherwise, the survivor will get around it and vault again before you catch up.

With Chucky, I'm not completely sure, if it is possible to hit a survivor immediately, if they try to vault back, but I think you can do it on M&K by ending the slice & dice right after the vault and doing a 180° flick real quick. So far though, I haven't succeeded because I always hit something else.

• ryokoryu
    ryokoryu Member Posts: 193

Not true on legion, time and again I predict it spin around in place and swing only to hit the pallet as they sail across it lunge or fast swipe

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265

?? Scamper is still overtuned and should be nerfed again.

• ryokoryu

you're joking, he has a wail comparable to weskar already and on top of that survivors just walk behind you and vault again or run around to the other side again before you can move the only exception is slice and dice which locks you into a forward slash after vault and all you have to do is sidestep it and sometimes you don't even vault the pallet but rather just dash into it and hit it.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265

Weak is no excuse for unhealthy game design. Scampering under pallets and getting a free hit 95% of the time isn't something that should be a thing

• ryokoryu

95% my butt. 5% when survivors don't know they can countervault him or make it to the other side of the loop before he can move

• ryokoryu

Scamper doesn't give hits 95% of the time, it gives hits 5% of the time when the survivor doesn't know how to counter it. the rest of the time it's useless

• Xernoton

Do you play on controller? I play on M&K and I know for a fact, that I hit these. Easily. They can only start the vault, after your animation has already ended, so you do have a bit of time to turn and hit. Also, it might be possible that you lunge before you start turning which actually makes you go in a bit of a weird route and could lead to you missing some close hits.

• ryokoryu

no I don't play on a controller and neither lunge nor fast hit works they just get over faster than I can turn and hit I can't even turn until they're already over, same for chucky. I vault, have a period of time where I am unable to do anything during which time survivors can get behind me and vault then I can move. by the time I can move they are in vault animation sliding across the pallet.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Only 1 player can interact to a window/pallet at a time, and there is a small cooldown on it. Survivors cant vault while killer is interacting with the pallet, also there is a slight cooldown on the pallet, it should be enough for Legion to hit. Because Legion's power cant down, it should work of Legion.

Killer in general should not able to vault pallet/window as fast as survivor and instantly hit them after, then what's the counter to them?

Killers' vaulting power arent good against pallets at looping, but definitely useful against god pallets when other killers forced to kick before continue.

• Xernoton

That is not normal. Does that happen only with killer powers or after every vault? Also, is it possible that this is in fact a lag? As soon as your own animation is over, you are supposed to be able to move freely again.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153

It's not useless, at least on Wesker, depending on the position of the vault, Wesker can gain distance on the Survivor by using his dash to cover large distances quickly.

With Legion, it isnt bad either since Legion can run really quick and in many structures can cause him to get an injured state without needing too much effort (that being said, Legion doesnt really have much going outside of the first hit or the elusive insta-down from 4 chain-stabs).

• ryokoryu

if ever I end up close to being able to use it on Wesker to close distance to a pallet I don't end up vaulting it but slamming the survivor into it.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 279

Unless something's changed with legion in the Chucky patch this isn't true. The survivor gains the ability to interact with the pallet at the same time the legion regains control of his character, so you can just 180 and hit them if they try to instantly vault.

Wesker's power is supposed to prevent survivors from vaulting the pallet after you do by hitting anyone who's too close after the bound, but there's a bug (or tech, not sure if it's intentional, probably not) where you can avoid it and dash back through.

Wesker's bound is also good for pallets that have long paths around them so the survivor can't make it back to vault again or is forced into a 50/50.

As for Chucky, I haven't played him yet but his situation should be the same as legion's. I don't think you are able to vault back over safely without being hit by him.

• ryokoryu

except I can' just 180 on legion because they are vaulting before I can move. Meant to be and functions as are 2 different things.