Why is there so much hate around Chucky?

I checked different websites (twitter, reddit, this forum, discord) and there is so much hate against chucky. why do you hate chucky so much?

Comments

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501

Weren't people getting tired of the same killer design after many years? I would think people would enjoy a killer that really turns the norm of killers being the same size or bigger than survivors and just says "nah im short" lol. Personally i have no complaints. Hes definitely unique and what we needed.

• BooperDooper
    BooperDooper Member Posts: 267

I feel like I've been seeing mostly praise for him, but there has been some complaints from survivors thinking he's too strong. I've only played against him a few matches and have been playing as him more. My initial thoughts is he seems balanced? But maybe that'll change idk, but people may just be a little put off with his bigger range of view than any other killer.

He is quite short so I can see it being difficult to try looping with him, maybe they could do something with that but yeah, otherwise I think he's good.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 571

Because he's new, and people have to learn to play against him.

Also people are seeing him every game, which you'd think at this point wouldn't be surprising because it happens every time a new killer drops, but somehow people are shocked every time.

I'm sure he has issues that need to be addressed over the next few months, but those are the primary reasons people are complaining as of right now.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

Sometimes it's a few spam accounts, probably by the same person, to make it seem that more people are upset than actually do exist. Otherwise, it's people who are impatient and assume, because they cannot figure it out in a few trials, that the Killer is the issue and not them.

This has happened with nearly every Killer. The Singularity was dubbed as the biggest threat in the vein of Skull Merchant, but we saw soon enough this wasn't a thing.

Chucky is probably the most well-received Killer on release that we've had in some time. I've seen and heard far more positivity than negativity.

• Z0mbiv0r
    Z0mbiv0r Member Posts: 306

I don't hate Chucky, but Chucky players. Save for one, every player I've faced using Chucky has been camping and tunnelling, and his power has proven to be quite useful at it.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

Many use Chucky perks only. Now is the best time to get that Adept 'cheevo unlocked.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited November 2023

This!! I’ve been playing him since yesterday and people are actually starting to learn how to play against him. Or I’ve been put in higher mmr, lol. I’ve had people escape against me and I’ve escaped against Chucky myself. He is pretty balanced imo.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2023

He's a fun Killer. I think I'd be enjoying him a lot more if the Killers playing him right now weren't sweating / tunnelling and doing all the usual unnecessary Killer things that sap the joy from the game.

I have no idea how to loop him though, since it's so difficult to keep track of him or know exactly where he is. Not that I can loop any Killer well, but I think he's especially tricky.

I've not had the chance to play him for myself yet, even though I bought him on release day. I don't want to load into a game only to find Survivors instantly DCing or giving up the same way they did in my first Xeno games. That just feels bad. I might play against the bots for now and wait a week for a real game when the hype dies down a bit. Over familiarity breeds contempt and all that...

I will say I find it kinda funny that he's 2 foot tall and yet probably the only Killer that can see a damn thing in those frustrating Swamp maps.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

I haven't seen any hate. I've seen feedback, some negative but plenty constructive. I've noticed alot of people are kind of bored facing him every game, if that's what you mean? I don't use twitter though so I don't know what people are saying over there.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

he fine hard at first but people get handle of it.

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 249

I actually really like him and think he's a great killer with a surprisingly fun design for this game! However, I will say that as a survivor I've experienced mostly hard tunneling while playing against him and maybe this is where alot of the negatives come from.

• The reason is that at the time of the PTB, it was known to be flawed for not possessing enough mobility and chase ability for a 4.4/m killer, but for some reason it was nerfed overall except for a few items at the time of this implementation.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 358
    edited November 2023

yeah tbh. Most of them have played like that at 5 gens + pain res & pop and it just makes for an exhausting experience after a few games. Granted, people play like this anyway but this has felt more common with this killer

looping has not been fun considering he can mind game even the smallest objects; dodging his charge feels like I get more success when they're on console

I used lithe in a match yesterday and he closed the distance immediately and got the down; feels like as a survivor you have to play perfect whereas he can make mistakes and just power through

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Really? He has quite a bit of counterplay if you ask me.

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 249
    edited November 2023

I've played against a few that weren't actively playing like wads and they were much easier to deal with once you get the hang of dodging his charge and knowing when to leave a loop you can't see him over since they seem to double back a lot. I will say this might be the worst tunneling new killer I've experienced in a while. Wesker was about the same but he also is a much stronger killer overall imo so it's not necessary to be so sweaty with him. Not that Chucky is a weak killer or anything but the players have really been showcasing why this game is beyond frustrating to play a lot of the time.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I haven't seen that but I also mostly stay of social media because they're cesspools.

Personally I'm very neutral towards them, not my type of killer but the counter play is there (it feels very similar to blight or wesker tbh which yeah explains why I'm not fond of them) and they're very fitting as the holiday chapter. But considering I've loved every killer they released from Knight to Xeno who were all mostly unpopular I'll let the people who love movement killers have Chucky it's fine.

• ad19970

Definitely disagree with that. Depending on the loop, you can definitely dodge his dash if played correctly. Often you simply have to predict where he will be coming from, you can't just react to him. Which is what makes these interactions fair for both sides. If you could just react to his dash and dodge it, it would be bad.

Also, if you are at a filler pallet loop, and he uses his dash, it's pretty much a 50/50 mindgame. As a survivor, you have to try and predict from which side he will dash, and if you predict correctly, you mostly get a stun against him. This often works at windows too.

The only exception I guess is his 180 degree flick potential, which can make certain situations undodgeable that should have been dodgeable. Surely not every situation, but some, and that should be fixed.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 420

I normally hate playing killer but I've been enjoying Chucky a lot

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,281

i wasnt getting bored i mean we have really tall killers and shorter killers and no killer has the same design

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,504

Chucky is a very welcome addition to the DBD. Imo he fits perfectly.

Survivor players don't really like his power tho. Once you understand how it works, you will know why.

But if you put "other side fun" aside, Chucky is one of the most fun killers in DBD.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Because small boy strong.

• ad19970

In my experience Scamper wasn't a problem anymore. However, if it is still too quick, then they should nerf Scamper one more time for sure. I was more thinking of his Slice and Dice ability, which allows for a good amount of counterplay.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I don't hate him.

I get injured, downed, and hooked within 40s of being found, and I go to the next match. Nothing to hate.

Sometimes I manage to get 3/4 of a gen done first if they don't have Lethal Pursuer. I had to unequip Distortion because I wans't taking my fair share of chases. The way I see it, the sooner I get to death-hook, the sooner I can get back to hiding from the killer the whole match without any blame from my teammates for doing so. 🤷‍♂️

Fantastic game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,558

"So the counterplay is to hold W and M1."

Again?

Last I checked, that was the one thing everyone was tired of.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's the Scamper + Slice and Dice for me personally.

They are both versatile on their own but together they are difficult to deal with effectively.

• ad19970

You mean that he has both at once, not the scamper while using slice and dice right? Because the latter is almost always useless if you ask me, but him being able to scamper and then use Slice and Dice after that can be very strong. They should probably nerf Scamper to a duration of 1.6 or 1.8 seconds.

• DMB
    DMB Member Posts: 54

Do you mean like pretty much like any killer hmmm 🤔 like even the trapper who can camp you, tunnel just with a basic M1 ?

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 635

He is slow killer who has to capitalize around stealth which often leads clueless survivors to frustration. Some people simply don't want to look around and wish every killer was visible from miles away. Without stealth he has little to offer and can be looped just like any M1 killer as long as survivor knows how to extend a chase and doesn't pre-drop a pallet without a need.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

I think a lot of it just has to do with the fact he is a new killer and virtually every lobby has Chucky as the killer. No matter who the killer is, it gets old doing the same thing every match.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,267

The laziest way to play him is still the best way. Scamper without dashing just needs to be nerfed again and he'll be fine.