We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Four Killer Ideas and an Idea for Xenomorph Mori

Options
SirXenomorph
SirXenomorph Member Posts: 103

Aloha guys, I have four killer ideas so hopefully some may be considered.

1. The first idea is a killer out of the movie The Frighteners. I will add a Gif for it as well if I can. It looks like a Grim Reaper and is a ghost in the movie. The movement of the killer is like he slides through the ground or walls and when he attacks he come out of the ground and wall. He also can not go instantly back into the ground or wall and have to wait. In ground he has a smaller terrorradius or none that is something what, if considered as Killer, the developers should decide. In the movie the ghost marks his victims with numbers which it cuts in their foreheads so that could be a ability as well that marked survivors had this number on their small images at the side, which counts from 1 to 4 up to the order in which they got killed. To make it fair the first survivor who died could come back as a ghost to distract the killer. Or like in the movie, in the map are medicines which bring a survivor in a death state and he can be a ghost till another survivor revived him. Only survivors can see the body of the ghost survivor. The ghost survivor can interrupt the killer but not interact with gens or pallets. If the killer kill the ghost survivor the survivor goes back to his body but lose a health state.
  2. The second Killer I have in mind is Sam from the movie Trick or Treat. It is easier cause he is well known I think. But this killer is more for killers who like to play nice. So now to his abilities. First of, the totems in the map change to pumpkin lanterns on the ground. And all over the map are little baskets with candy in it. 4 or 6 would be good and they have a cooldown after you pick up candy. Survivors who got hit by Sam and hold a candy in that moment do not lose a health state but the candy. Sam will eat it. Also the condition state is activated. If you as survivor destroy a pumpkin lantern Sam can see your aura for a few seconds and you can be instantly set in the death state when got hit. Also you have a counter for pumpkins you destroy with two or more Sam get a Mori on you. Since he punish all who hurt the ghost of Halloween. Same goes for the candy. You either can keep it to avoid a hit from Sam or you can eat it when hurt to heal a state of health, but that does make Sam mad with you. When Sam got hit with three pallets he lose the sack over his head and become more brutal.
  3. That killer may be a bit too much, but we will see. Because for the third idea I had the parasyte monster from the movie The Thing in mind. That killer has the ability to change appearance into a survivor. Here is important to mention it just can be one of the survivors in the current round BUT he does only can copy one of them and not the stuff they held too, means the killer can not copy items. Also the killer need to hit one survivor before to can copy him. That also means if the killer manage to hit all four survivors, he can pick in which he want to turn. Sidenote here, if that is too extrem make him copy the survivor but change one part of the skin to, like another head, torso or legs. To make it easier for the other survivor to realise that the survivor which comes near you is actually the killer. Also all around the map are matches the survivors can pick up. As long as they hold these matches and the killer which come as a survivor to the survivor with the matches, the killer automatically turns in a grotesque form of the survivor and you unmask it. The matches have a bigger radius the the survivor has the chance to run. Also when the killer is demasked he got stunned for a few seconds. Once the matches desmaked the killer they are gone or lose a counter. Maybe they can have up to 3 or 4 counters till they are gone and you need to get new ones.
  4. My forth idea is a Raptor. These can be like the ones from Jurassic Park or World. They come with a launch attacks which also allows them to jump over a smaller wall. Or through a window, but when you do not get someone with that launch you need to recover to move on. Also they can crouch which make their terrorradius disappear. But to launchattack you need to stand. On the map could you put some boxes with a little pig in it which survivors can open so the pig runs randomly around the map to distract the Raptor. The pig also can jump through windows which makes sounds like a survivor jump through it. If the pig got killed by the raptor the survivor which opened the box of that pig will be shown to the raptor for 6 seconds max. maybe also other survivors too in a circle of 8 meters. The Raptor also can sniff which shows him the nearest hurt survivor. To sniff it must stand still.

Now additionally for the Mori of Xenomorph it would be nice if there could be the score from the movie AVP Aliens vs Predators, where the first predator got killed by the alien. That would make the Mori of Xenomorph so much more epic.

I will ad now some images and links for my killer ideas.

For The Thing I got this link here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Z44BIDPPc&ab_channel=Movieclips

Also the forms of The Thing if you will make it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5TD6Y9RUsM&ab_channel=Fear%3ATheHomeOfHorror

For the evil ghost from The Frighteners I got a video as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjxy-U9tUNU&ab_channel=Fear%3ATheHomeOfHorror

For Sam when he got candy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4lNe9La20s&ab_channel=Movieclips and also his appearance.

For the Raptor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr1MvzAr26E&ab_channel=TEN2TEN here to see with the launch attack. Also that would be a good map for the Raptor with lots of high gras. Where the killer and the survivors can hide. Designwise all of the designs of JP/JW would be a good idea.

And last but not least the musik score for the Mori of Xenomorph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DJhVfImYSc&ab_channel=RareSoundtracks in the movie that is the scene where the Xenomorph stabbed the first Predator with its tail dragged it to him and kill him with the bity tongue. More or less what happens in the Mori as well so that would be nice to be played in the Mori if possible. I would absolutly love it, since I own the Xenomorph now haha.

Anyways guys, let me read what you think about my ideas and also if there can be edited something to. I know that even I text the ideas here that that not mean that they will ever come to the came, but I would instantly get all of them if they will come. Especially Sam since I love Halloween and like to play as a nice Killer and I think Sam would be the best Killer for nice Killers as well. Since his playstyle is more in favor for play nice but also he can be dangerous to those survivors who decide to play dirty haha. But yea let me read what you think and what you think should be changed or edited or maybe added as well.

Comments

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Before I say anything, look over your work and try to organize it. It's easy for a viewer to get lost in text of this size.

The Frightner

Your first Killer Idea wouldn't necessarily fit into the Devs' vision of DBD. To kill a Survivor and keep them in a match isn't what the developers, nor the players would want to be a part of. I haven't seen the movie, but I have read the synopsis of the character I believe you're referencing.

The ability to move through walls is extremely powerful, as we've seen with The Nurse, who has a lot of limits of mobility while this happens. I suggest you also put limits on this character, such as a Manual Ability that only lasts a second or so, allowing The Frightener to move through objects, and then regain full collision with the ability to put on a cooldown.

The Frightner's Speed can be 4.6 m/s with a terror radius of 24 meters, for a base Killer speed and an average small terror radius. There can be other abilities added onto the character in the view you think fits well. You stated, "In the movie the ghost marks his victims with numbers which it cuts in their foreheads" which could be the mori of the Killer.

The way you stated The Frightener had me understand that the Killer would just straight-up kill Survivors like Michael Myers's Tombstone add-ons. It also seems that this ability to move through walls and be sunken into the ground would be extremely overpowered. Think of a wraith that can walk through walls and uncloak immediately. The way you described The Frightener is still more powerful due to Wraith's distortive effect.

Overall, I think you need to consider how the character is going to play within the trial and compare it to other killers in terms of strength.

The Trick or Treater

Your second Killer Idea is very fleshed out and understandable, which helps me understand the direction you're headed with this Killer. First, you do not need to get rid of totems in exchange for Jack-o-Lanterns, because if you or the Survivors brought totem perks, then that's just a waste of a perk slot.

Secondly, the candy, if hitting the Survivors holding candy does nothing aside from protecting them, it simply punishes The Trick or Treater. How about this, whenever The Trick or Treater eats the candy dropped by a Survivor, he then begins to build up the Brutal State you mention later in the paragraph.

When The Trick or Treater eats enough candy, they enter Suger Rush, in which they have a 10% haste effect, and see Survivors within their terror radius for a short time, possibly 30 - 45 seconds.

The Thing

The third Killer Idea, The Thing would be very difficult to implement into DBD considering its lore, whenever it touches another organic being, The Thing will begin to take over the body of that organism. And seeing that The Entity is a plant-like organism, that would have some complications.

However, if we were to take it into DBD, Your idea would work, but it wouldn't. Let me explain. The idea of having your entire power focused on deceiving Survivors doesn't work, especially with such limitations. If the Survivors know what Killer you are, then they learn what to look out for, ruining the element of surprise Killers such as Ghost Face, Myers, and Wraith. If The Thing started with the ability to mimic Survivors, then that would greatly help.

The HUD system, SWFs, and knowing the mechanics of the Killer are greatly stacked against The Thing and its capability to stand a chance in the trials.

The Raptor

The Last Killer is just unfeasible, a Raptor doesn't have the common sense to understand the Entity nor the physical capabilities to properly participate in the trials.

We already have two killers that act like the two halves of The Raptor's power. First, we have Ghostface, with the ability to grouch and hide his terror radius and second, we have Wesker, able to bound over vaults and injure Survivors from quite a distance away.

I just don't see this Killer being capable of entering The Entity's Realm.

After view all of it, there are some problems, but I would like to give some advice, as someone who's made a few creations themselves. Don't feel the need to put everything in one place. Make one whole page dedicated to each Killer. Take your time and add perks, a written backstory, and maybe even a Survivor.

Have fun with this, certainly, but make sure it's something you can be proud of and something others can enjoy as well.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Hey thank you for the feedback I will also take time and explain some stuff if needed.

First is that you do not stay in the match after you got killed. You only stay in the match as a ghost, when you take the drug which let you as a survivor act outside your body. But if you get hooked three times or the killer kills you in any way, you are done. You do not stay in the match after a regular death. It is just a function for the survivors while in game.

And yea for the ability to move through walls or go in the ground there will be a cooldown, except when he activate the mori. But he can not go imidiately in or through walls when materialized again.

And the marking with the numbers is happening before the Reaper kills someone. It is like a foreshadowing in the movie. It just would be a sign at the side, where the survivor icons are shown. With each kill the number rose. 1 to 4. That would just be like the normal obsessed mark just with the number and it rise with each dead survivor. It just would be a design and has no real effect in my idea.

You are right from my four ideas two are kinda overpowered. This is one of them. I also think it would need really good balancing to really get considered at all.

To the Trick or Treater I am not really on your side. Cause that would go completly against the lore of Sam. He is the ghost of Halloween. And he also protect the ghost of Halloween. Means whenever you do something bad to hurt the ghost of Halloween you make Sam angry and wanna kill you. That is why I had the idea, that the candy you can get is rare. Also it has a high cooldown. And if you as survivor eat that candy to heal yourself. You make Sam angry. Cause all the candy in the map is his.

I also do not think that that would be a punishment for Sam. Look the whole idea of Sam, at least in my head, is that you have a killer, which you need to be nice to, so he will nice too.

Sure he still would be a killer, and some would not like a killer who really would be effective when the survivors are dirty players, which to be honest a quiet a lot, but I want to have a killer who you can play when you like to play as a nice killer, and which is also a really evil killer if you decide to get dirty on him. You understand me here? I want just a fun killer which does not simply rely on mean perks and stuff, but is also kind to survivors if you as killer want to play him kind. And even when a survivor would be protected by a candy, that does not mean, you can not hit him after Sam ate that candy, you still can go after him. But I think Sam would be a really good option to play either evil or nice, cause like the ghost of Halloween says, TRICK or TREAT. He will be a menace if you choose trick, but pretty handy if you choose treat. I think it would be good to have a killer, which favors both of these playstyles. And it would be also a good option for the Halloween event as well. I think that would be some kind of cure for some traumatized survivors. And really it just would be that one killer which is more on the nice side of killing. I do not think that that would be too much. When I see how bloody hell some other killers are a alternative for these who also like to play nice would be Sam. I think we have enough killers as well which can kill instantly. With same that only goes when you do hurt the ghost of Halloween to often, that would make him so mad he can mori you.

Like when you eat the candy instead of let him eat it. When you hit him with pallets or flash him. That can be stuff which fills his terrormeter. Or give him countermarks. And at a certain countermark he has on a certain survivor he can instakill him. But that also means you have to play dirty on Sam. Still yet he get terrorcounters from normal survivors as well. Cause they also would throw pallets on him or stuff. So I think that could really work if you want to have a chill round as killer and be nice with the survivors, or when they decide to be not nice to you you kill them. It would just be a perfect option for a real Trick or Treat in DBD. Since how each side decide to play the round is up to them and in my head that also could stop these bully squads maybe. I hope I could explain it good.

He should just be a play nice on me and I play nice on you or play dirty on my and I show you hell killer. And he would be the perfect option for it cause of his lore.

Yea The Thing is really difficult to think of. Maybe you are right, that he should have to option to choose which survivor to copy first. But still he should have the option left to also get to hit the others, so he can transform into them if he manage to get them. He would be the second killer which most likely would never be considered.

With the Raptor I have to admit that I do think it would fit. Sure it is an animal and does not think like a killer itself would do, but I want to remind you of the Xenomorph. Sure it is more capable of think out of plans, but still it is more like an animal as well. It whole purpose is to spread his species and if that is not possible to kill what it can. That is not really some genius move. Also not to forget the fact that the Xenomorph drone on its own is not really effective. It works best when get directions of a queen. It is a drone at the end of the day, and yet it is in the game.

And let us now talk about the Raptors. Especially these from Jurassic Park one. It could be the big one. This Raptor which stated to be so intelligent, that you can feel that it is planing something just by look at it. Still an animal, but yet it killed most of the pack of the Raptors back then and just let to alive. That also had a purpose. And the Raptors in JP are most likely to compared to a Xenomorph. They are out to kill. I think they would fit very well.

And sure we have Ghostface who can crouch and Wesker with his jump attack. But we also have Nemesis and Xenomorph with kinda a similar attack. I do not think that only cause it is in the game already it could not work. It just need more work from my side, that I see.

It also would fit in the lore as well. Since the big one kinda died in JP the entitus could get it before it really died and throw it in a trial. It saw the humans and just hunted them. Cause you know an animal most likely do not need to understand what happend to him especially when it is bloodthirsty and I also would state here it is also better that the Raptor is not capable of understanding it. And also the Raptors in JP3 where so damn intelligent that they also set traps for the survivors the get them when they try to help the hurt survivor at the ground. So I would say that is sure kinda capable of understanding the entitus will too. Cause these Raptors are not only smart, they understood how to set a good working trap, and even manage to not kill the survivor for that trap.

But you are right I also want to work on these Ideas more and do work them out much more. Thanks for your tipps. I will see to work on it. Even when I have a lot to say to defend my ideas, but that is why I believe so much in them. Especially Sam and the Raptor I want to work out much much more. Because these would be a very nice addition to the game.

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options

When you talk about Sam, I'm curious. You can act kind with any killer and still be hardcore savage with them. My favorite example is Ghostface, in one game, Ghostface and the Survivors are having fun 1v1ing each other and getting BP. The next match can have four sweaty Survivors going against a Ghostface with a meme build. I've been in this situation and all you need to do to win against a sweaty team is to play sweaty.

And if I'm not mistaken, that's exactly what you made Sam for, to be a kind Killer but also a savage against sweaty teams. But it won't likely work out like that. When sweaty players want to win and the Killer gets an advantage from being stunned, the Survivors will simply drop pallets early to avoid stunning the Killer to keep them from gaining this advantage. So Sam will suffer against good teams with nothing to be done about it.

When you make a Killer design, making a "nice" Killer should have nothing to do with the balance of it. The stun requirement to make Sam a difficult Killer to play against will only be used against players not paying attention and having fun, all while sweaty teams can and will take full advantage of a Killer's weaker state.

If you need an example, think of The Oni. He needs an injured Survivor to get his Demon Dash and Demon Strike, so Survivors will pre-drop pallets and keep as much distance from The Oni to keep that first injury from happening for as long as possible. Another Example is Nemesis, Survivors will actively run into The Nemesis to take the Basic Attack rather than the Tentacle Strike, due to Tier II being capable of removing pallets extremely fast. One last example includes Michael Myers, when Survivors see Myers in the match, immediately they abandon gens to hide behind a rock. Keeping Myers from reaching Tier II, let alone Tier III, is good for the entire team because it means less risk.

And lastly, you say you made Sam to be a fun and nice Killer, correct? Well, here's the sad reality, there are going to be people who aren't kind playing Sam. If you think back to the release of Skull Merchant, almost every Killer playing Skull Merchant set up a three-gen and slugged Survivors. But that playstyle is unfun, unnecessary, and boring. But almost everyone who played Skull Merchant did it. I'm not saying nice people don't exist, but I'm saying you have to check for people who aren't nice, because it is the nice people who will pay the price for it.

If Sam came out the way you intend, he is a Killer made for nice people, but rarely will Survivors actively try playing nice with Sam. This is because too many other kinds of players will be tunneling, camping, and playing in an unfun way because they don't want to have fun, they want to win. I'm sorry, but it's the truth, and I really wish it wasn't.

Now, next up with The Raptor. I'll give you a difference between The Xenomorph and A Raptor. The Xenomorph is one out of hundreds of drones that obey the will of the Xenomorph Queen. The Xenomorph Drone is part of a hivemind, so getting it to listen to The Entity is fairly easy, it just needs to be connected to The Entity, and boom, it's a willing participant of the Trials.

Another comparison you could make is with The Demogorgan. But it's the same story, The Demogorgan is also part of a hivemind, but it can still think for itself. If you take Season II of Stranger Things, we see that Dustin is capable of taming a Demodog, so it can think for itself. And this is the last part I want to emphasize, The Demogorgan can think for itself.

If you are correct, and that The Entity could take in the Raptor and get it to start hunting, why would it put Survivors onto a hook? Raptors are primitive animals, they don't go out to kill, they go out to eat and come back to sleep. For the Raptors, it's survival in what they do, not fun or entertaining.

The Entity takes people, or creatures that can feel large amounts of emotion which The Entity then feeds off of. A Raptor of any kind would not be capable of such emotion, due to the size of the dinosaur's brain. But my biggest point for a raptor not being capable of participating within the realm, look up a picture and tell me how those small arms could pick up a person.

• SirXenomorph
    Options

Yea you are right that I did not mind about. Than maybe the pallets just work regular and he just got the candy which let him stop for a few seconds and eat it. And maybe the more he hit a survivor who do not have candy, he can build the terrorstate? Do you think that would help? Also the Candy still is rare on the map. And for the aggro he can count up by hitting survivors it could be like. Hit a survivor which have candy, zero counter. Survivor without candy one counter and lastly survivor who ate the candy give him two counters? That could maybe work to prevent the sweaty survivors to take advantage, cause still it work normal even when you play sweaty.

You are right even when I have him as a nice killer in my head there will be some who use him in a bad way. That is the same with Chucky at the moment. I will think about some stuff of Sam to look how to make it done. The Candy however should be the Treat you can use as a survivor. But I have to think about the Tricks Sam do to you. Maybe when I put two kinds of Candy in? Some normal candy and some with razorblades. The normal candy work as the treat for either Sam or the survivor and the razorbladed one is the trick for both. Cause when Sam will eat it he will be mad on you, and if the survivor eats it he got an instant hurt. That will be a fifty fifty for both the killer and Sam with the Candy. And if Sam hit a survivor carry the razorbladed Candy it is gone the survivor is normally hurt and Sam does not get any aggro from that.

Yea sure the Xenomorph bows to a Xenomorph queen. But since you said the Entity itself is a plant like organic being, that automatically made it an enemy. So I do not think it would be so easy to controll a Xenomorph. But think of it more like, if it can controll a yet higly intelligent drone who also can work all alone, make you also capable of controll a Raptor who also act in a pack. Since the Raptor also obey to their alpha at least in the movies. And that make it more or less a drone to, and since they are very intelligent as well, the only difference is the way they are born and their weapons. In terms of behaviour they are nearly the same. They loot out what are the weaknesses of for example electronic fences to look where to focus the attacks to break out. They do set traps for survivors. And the most important they do can communicate via sounds. They have calls which means to attack to rearrange and so on. Even some when they need help. That is a very complex skill and the Entity just could copy that sounds and make it sound like these come from the alpha, or a Raptor which is higher in the pack hierachy. So that sure could work really good.

The point with the hook is a good one. But no the Raptors in the movie does not go out for just hunting to eat. These in the first movie where bloodthirsty the did not go for the people cause they were hungry, they do so cause the alpha said so. In the second movie these do. But when you take the book it describes them as asozial creatures, who also just kill what they want when they want. The Raptors in the third movie also never was after the group cause they just hunted them, it was because one of them stole their eggs. And they wanted them back. And when we come back to the hook. Yeah on its own the Raptor would just kill the survivors. But what when the Entity told the Raptor with the call to set traps with the survivors so the Raptor began to hang the survivors to set the traps his "Alpha", in that case would that be the Entity, wanted it to set? Look the Raptors from the movies are genetically modified. They possess a rudimental humanlike intelligence. Sure not as improved as a human has, but they can like a human understand and anticipate the behaviour and also the directions they get. And if the Entity would say the Raptor to hang a survivor to set a trap for the others, even that would not be the main reason, the Raptor would just do it cause it see the Entity as his Alpha in that moment. And would just obey these orders. And how it put the survivor on the hook could be like he bite the survivors shoulder and throw it on the hook. Cause he can not take him with his arms. But it is not that the Raptors only would kill for hunting. These from the first movie and from the third does follow orders from their alphas. And that could the Entity just copy.

I do talk about the Raptors from JP/JW these are not comparable with regular real Raptors. They do have a social structure and also emotions as well. They bond and stuff. Sure not like a human. But you really say that Killers like Michael Myers or so do have any emotions? They are most known for the exactly opposite. Sure some of the killers in DBD are capable of it but there are also many who do not have any emotions whatsoever. That is not a point to make to say that the Raptor would not work. Xenomorph itself is not capable of feel emotions. It is a drone which when not controlled kill anything it can find. And if controlled the Queen takes over. That also are no emotions at all. The Queens only purpose is to spread their offspring as much as she can. And she maybe got angry when you kill her offspring, but that I would not call large emotions more instinctive behaviour since her purpose get attacked and she defend her offspring in order to keep her purpose done.

I would argue that a pack of Raptors who go after you over a whole island just for two eggs fits into this much more. Since Raptor packs would work more as a family as a hive which only purpose is to spread their offspring. So I do not agree in your opinion here that the Raptor would not get anything cause it is just a stupid animal. Sure maybe the real Raptors sure. But these in the movies, are nearly as intelligent as a human. That is how they are created. They are genetically modified. And these from JP3 are so modified they even surpasses these from the first movie by far. Their lore shows it. The man who created them made them even more intelligent. The only thing these Raptors are not capable of is talking with word or use tools like a human can due to their bodies, but all the rest they can do. I do refer all the time to these Raptors which also shown with the Raptor Blue from JW one and two that they also can feel emotions to other races. Like to Owen when he pretend to cry. So I do really think that could work.

And again with the hook it could just be a throwing animation where the Raptor pack the shoulder of the survivor and throw it with a half spin onto the hook. Or that the hooks when the Raptor is in are slightly different to get the Raptor pack a survivor with its mouth drag it high and put it on the hook. That would no really issue why a Raptor would not fit into the game if you ask me.

Lorewise I also do see no big deal to get it in.