What Are Your Opinions On Taking Glyphs Midchase?

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,176
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

Sometimes people wait for other players to get their Glyphs; sometimes people dont and the Survivors will run away and make distance or the Killer will just down and hook the Survivor.

What do you do when a Survivor grabs a Glyph?

I personally:

• Wait for them to grab it and finish it before downing them as Killer, wait for them as Survivor, even if it puts me at a disadvantage.
  • If it is a White Glyph, I will even take the time to guide them to the basement and let them escape with the mirror for extra BP.

Comments

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 571

I always give glyph because i hate doing glyph challenges and sympathize with them.

It's very silly to deny one I think, you're not playing tournament and even if it (for some reason) causes you to lose then oh well. Better luck next time and maybe get better or something.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

I’ll always let people do green glyphs because I know the pain of trying to find them lol

• Gabe_Soma
    Gabe_Soma Member Posts: 276

I always wait survs to get their Glyphs, but afterwards they have to give me their hook stage in return.

• PyramidFootLicker
    PyramidFootLicker Member Posts: 106

I wish I could have had you guys as killers literally NO ONE has waited for me at all 😭

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I stop to let them grab it before smacking them down. but I'm not paying attention to the color. don't pick a white glyph in front of me.

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 423

As Killer I always respect the glyph, especially if a survivor goes for it mid-chase. If it's a blue glyph that potentially requires an escape in order to complete the challenge, I will just play out the game as normal. If the survivor escapes then good for them :).

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I always respect the glyph, to the point if I down somebody when they start it, I let them wiggle off.

Unfortunately, I haven't met a single killer recently willing to let me get a glyph.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,539

It should be considered as a crime, to not give survivors do glyphs midchase. xD

I'm happy to give survivors to do a glyph, it even makes me feel good.

Then we nod to each other, and back to business. 😈

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

If I’m killer and a survivor is doing a glyph, I’ll usually let them get the glyph and then hit/down them.

I typically don’t bother doing glyphs myself mid-chase as either role, I’d rather go back and get it later than risk losing a survivor or giving the killer an easy down especially if they don’t respect the glyph, which they might not.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

It's memeing to do it in chase, so I let them do it and then continue.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

If they start it midchase i tend to let them, depends how far the game has progressed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,605

I let survivors do their glyphs in chase because I know how long this can take otherwise. After that though, the chase will continue like normal.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,037
    edited December 2023

As killer, I respect when a Survivor has a Glyph appear in front of them (in the odd case I kneejerk hit them, I may try to down them and take them back to it sometimes, especially if they are on death hook or similar circumstances where their chance to naturally run back to it may be slim). White Glyphs especially I will let them take it to the basement... that's a lot of bloodpoints to take it to the basement! I may be a Killer, but not letting them get that.... I'd personally feel bad about it even well after the match!

As Survivor, its nice when a Killer lets me get a Glyph, but its ok when they say no; they are doin what they gotta do as Killer, and I absolutely respect without objection.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 282

I'll let them get it.

I've never had someone do a white glyph in front of me, if it's blue I won't just let them escape for free but if they're the last one they can have hatch/door.

As survivor can't recall a killer taking a glyph while chasing me, only after hooking me or hearing them above/below me on maps like the game.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I let them get about 80% done with collecting the glyph and then I down them, and ensure they die on hook/tunnel them out so they must play yet another game to get that glyph.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,591

The trial is temporary, but glyphs are forever. i will at least let them finish getting the glyph if I catch them doing it.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 157

If I catch you trying to get the glyph I'll probably even turn a blind eye, but if you stop in the middle of a chase I'll show no mercy, use your repair time to get it.

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 571
  • CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,180

It's a lot of bloodpoints to let them escape with the mirror they get after going to the basement, 25,000 BP. Do you let them go? I had a Demogorgon let me go today with mine and yesterday, before he killed me, Wesker let me get my Green Glyph 🤗

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,897

I'll always let them have it, but I expect the health state/hit in return.

On occasion I've swung/hit before I realized they were working on a glyph, and I always feel bad about it.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
  • Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 630
    edited December 2023

As a survivor, if a killer lets me do the glyphs mid chase, I will let them hook/kill me after that. As a killer, if you've played fair and square the whole match, I will let you do the glyph. After that, you choose do you want to get downed or not.

And if it's white glyph, I will leave them be and find another survivor for the time being. "I'll be back!"

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,310

Personally I both let survivors take their glyphs and wait for the killer if they go to get one mid chase. Just a fun little interaction imo.