We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How would you rank the Scream Franchise? (Some Spoilers)

Options

For me it goes from best to worst:

1. Scream 96 (A classic) 10/10
  2. Scream 4 (Jill is my favorite Ghostface, the reveal had my mouth drop when I saw this movie for the first time. Very brutal kills.). 8.5/10
  3. Scream 2 (Great suspenseful scenes, great characters, I love Mickey!) 8/10
  4. Scream 3 (Roman is underrated as Ghostface, people think 3 is the worst but its decent for me). 7/10
  5. Scream 2022 (Points for the acting, but the reveal is very obvious and one of the worst if you pay attention, story was good, though a return from the OG cast is always a welcome.) 6.5/10
  6. Scream 6 (Points for suspenseful scenes, acting, and kills, but story is lacking and reveal is probably the most obvious in the franchise for me, and characters were underused and killed off quickly that had potential, and the "get stabbed 20 times" and live is pretty unrealistic). 6/10

There is no bad scream movie in my opinion, though 5 and 6 have the most flaws.

Comments

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 622
    Options

I'd rank them like this (in order from best to worst):

1. Scream (1996): The one that started it all. I kind of have to put it first really.
    2. Scream 2: I LOVE the final showdown in the theatre. A really strong sequel overall.
    3. Scream 4: Great Ghostface reveals. Had me gagged the first time I watched it.
    4. Scream 6: Having a different setting was very refreshing, the Ghostface reveals were effective, and I thought they juggled the rather extensive character roster well. Bonus points for the ladder scene -- easily one of the most memorable scenes in the franchise for me.
    5. Scream 3: It leaned a little too much into comedy for my liking, but it was still a good entry overall. Sidney getting chased through the Woodsboro set is another scene I love.
    6. Scream (2022): A decent reboot, although I actually hated it when it first came out. It wasn't until the ~third rewatch that it started to grow on me and now I enjoy it. The biggest let down for me was the Ghostfaces. They had the worst motives in the whole franchise, and it was very obvious who they were about halfway into the film. It wasn't bad, but definitely could've been better.

Scream (2022) also gets points deducted for following the annoying trend of naming movie reboots the same thing as the original. It's not really a big deal, just a personal pet peeve of mine.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 605
    Options

Good list. Even though 6 is my least favorite I do agree that the ladder scene was intense.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 472
    Options

Interesting opinion.

I agree with this none of them were bad but with scream 2022 I knew who the ghostfaces were from the start.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,465
    Options
    1. Scream 6
    2. Scream 1
    3. Scream 4
    4. Scream 5
    5. Scream 2
    6. Scream 3
  • dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152
    Options

I have a controversial list.

1. Scream 3. I think this movie is the peak of Scream, with my favorite character (Jennifer Jolie), an IMPRESSIVE Ghostface, and an incredible final act. Genuinely love this one so much.
    2. Scream 4. Good plot, fun characters, Jill is arguably the best Ghostface, and Sidney and Gale are incredible.
    3. Scream. No words needed.
    4. Scream 5. Amber is SO fun, and Tara and Sam have an incredible dynamic. The twist was really well done, and overall it was enjoyable.
    5. Scream 6. Fun movie, I liked the killers, but the fact that NONE of the Core Four died makes it really hard to enjoy. It feels like the ending is TOO happy.
    6. Scream 2. Weak killers with barely any screentime, and Randy died. Meh.
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I watched Scream 1-5 as they came out, I was 10 when the first one came out and have loved it since the first time I saw it. It was the go to movie at every sleep over I had. As I've gotten older I've gained new appreciation for it. It will always be #1.

Scream 2 I love. It's a solid sequel and it once it came out every sleepover was a Scream double feature. Love this movie and still do, it'll stay at #2.

Scream 3 I know alot of people don't like this one but I love it. I love all the extra little Easter eggs Wes threw in. I wish they had ended the series on this one because it's perfect to end the series. It's my #3.

Scream 4. I wasn't a fan. All the other Scream movies I wasn't sure who the killer was for pretty much the entire movie but Scream 4 was first one I instantly knew who the killer was and I spent the entire movie hoping I was wrong. The movie is OK but didn't hit the spot for me like the first 3. It stays at #4

Scream 2022 - I went into this one hopeful but ended out hating it. Guessed the killers right away which is so disappointing. For me it didn't feel like a Scream movie, it just felt like a bad remake/reboot money grab and it was missing the heart Wes brought to the movies. Also the Dewey death felt like they did it just to kill off an original character and it was a crappy kill - he deserved a better death than that. It's last.

Scream 6 - I didn't see it, and I won't see it. I wasn't happy with the 2022 movie and then they wouldn't pay Neve Campbell what she deserved which instantly made me go from "maybe" to "never." I really couldn't care less about the characters they introduced in the 2022 movie. There's nothing about it that makes me want to spend any time watching it.