The amount of salt I just got from a killer

GoofyGooberRock
GoofyGooberRock Member Posts: 84
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

The dude was upset because survivors were apparently camping pallets and throwing them down so now he's gotta camp hook because we're playing boring? like dude we're playing like survivors were

looping you and you get salty at survivors....for playing like it's supposed to be played?

I swear some killers just want easy 4k wins cause how dare a survivor give them a challenge

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,426

I mean, pallet camping isn't looping, is it?

Apart from that, this person is probably more frustrated than they are concerned about balance. You played in a way that worked and they decided to camp because of it. This has little to do with actual balance complaints.

• GoofyGooberRock

No one was camping pallets to be honest maybe like going around it and being greedy? and he got mad at me because I kept throwing pallets down and wasn't even being greedy with them

how else am I supposed to play?

• TheGoodGuy
    TheGoodGuy Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2023

Based off your description of the Killer and how you said you played. Camping pallets probably means insta-dropping pallets and never trying to mind-game or be greedy. Everybody is different, probably in his mind your ending the fun part of the chase immediately by dropping so quickly, at every loop, then camping the pallet/loop until he breaks it.

It’s not how he prefers to challenge survivors, he felt you were ruining the game for him and justified his reasoning to camp hook. Nothing to get mad at for either side, your goals just didn’t align when challenging each other. Like a different Killer might love breaking pallets without needing to think too much and easily destroy your resources early instead of the mind game battle and he would have been happy to chase you for a bit.

Just GG and continue playing the way you like, no matter what you do, you will get salt lol 🧂

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,426

You do know what pallet camping means, right? It means waiting behind the pallet and dropping it when the killer approaches. That is the opposite of playing greedy. So I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say here.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,823

It just sounds like they were returning the favor to some people. Because pallet camps are very boring to go against as its the least engaging thing a survivor could do at a pallet next to insta throwing.

• GoofyGooberRock

He was playing hillbilly so if we were pre-dropping pallets it was because he kept revving up so we wouldn't get hit by his chainsaw to get insta down

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328

lol. They are insecure about camping and are projecting it on you. Classic cast the blame game. Ignore it, you did fine.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328

Dont insta throw. Don't wait to throw.

Talk about not being able to make you happy. What did you want them to do? Avoid pallets altogether? Please say yes.

• Cyber686
    Cyber686 Member Posts: 64

killer with huge respect for pallets XD

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,345
    edited December 2023

I mean... Looking at the messages... Is it really what you call "Salt"?

When survivors legit camping (it's no brain tactic same as predropping or tunneling) every single pallet it could be frustrating to the killer, but not to the point when they calling you names (In your case, killer didn't).

Predropping and camping pallets - means that this survivor is out for a "competetive" match. Since this is the most "sweatiest" tactic.

So it really is creating an opportunity for the killer to tunnel you out. (Same thing with camping)

If you playing sweaty - I will play sweaty, no hard feelings, just business.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 686

I understand being frustrated by this (especially given how BHVR has spent the last few years packing every map with a couple dozen safe/god pallets), but what else should survivors do?

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,823

Thats not the point i was making. The point was play boring means you will most likely get boring in return. Just a shame playing boring is effective in this game.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 266

The issue is there's no option that some players don't complain about as "boring".

Drop the pallet early - predrop, boring

Wait for the stun - camping pallet, boring (despite providing a mindgame over the stun/drop and opportunity for hit vs predrop, gets less distance as well)

Barely make it to pallet while being chased, drop - still considered predrop, boring (very weird take to me, but I see commonly)

Greed pallet - boring looping simulator, survivor abusing chaining structures, etc etc

Leave pallet for another loop/pallet - boring shift W

Trying to play in a way to make your opponent happy is a fruitless endeavor and it is a shame that we should have to expect some of our opponents to try and grief (intentionally make things unfun for opponent just to be toxic) just because they have a perceived slight against how we are playing

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301

I've encountered quite a few shack campers when playing as Oni, especially if the shack is tucked away in the corner or away from action areas. Makes sense when they know its hard for me to reach them there and/or a waste of my time going there. Its really annoying when they keep running back to there safe place, but if that's there strategy to deal with the killer in play, so be it.