Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thanatophobia and Kindred should be put into Killers/Survivors base kit.

Just hear me out, but this would fix some complaints survivors and killers have. 

Kindred - While a survivor is on hook, 1 survivor aura is revealed to you. If the killer is within 6 meters, their aura is revealed to all as well. 

This would help solo survivors find eachother while a survivor is on hook, but if the killer face camping it punishes them.

Thanatophobia - 1 dying, injured, or hooked survivor gives remaining survivors a 15% speed penalty to all actions. Each other survivor adds a 2%. 

This wouldn’t do much in preventing generators being finished quickly but add some punishment for survivors that group up. I wanted to add a perk that slows down the game, and Thanatophobia was the only perk that seemed reasonble. 

For new perks that replace this, I would only add new Thanatophobia as Kindred isn’t a teachable. 

New Thanatophobia - When a survivor performs a healing action, their locations are revealed and cannot heal for 10-20 seconds. 

Comments

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Nay, I sacrificed too many bloodpoints to the entity for Thanat to be base kit
  • HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Thana is trash anyway. 
  • MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    Tsulan said:
    Thana is trash anyway. 
    So just put it into the base kit for all killers to have. With the 15% happening withone hit, it’ll definitely slow the early game. 
  • MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    HuN7r3sS said:
    But you’ll get a new perk in return. So you really don’t lose anything. Get two perks in return. 
  • micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

Having kindred be base kit would make the game a lot less scary, unless you are 3-4 people, you will not always know were everyone is and it adds to the suspense. Also, it requires the survivors to scout if the killer is camping or not. Plenty of ways to play around not having kindred and it is really not needed. I see no need for it personally.

Thanat to be base kit would be too good on killers like Legion, especially if it's 1 injured = 15% reduced and add 2% per injured survivor. Keeping in mind perks like Dying Light, which requires you to kill the obsession, only gives 25% at max rank once this is achieved. Giving away 15% simply by keeping at least one survivor injured would be too much for too little work.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

That's a good idea, plus I think that killed survivors should add 2% as well.

• PyramidFootLicker
    PyramidFootLicker Member Posts: 106

this doesn't make much sense, pretty much every solo survivor in high rank runs kindred you barely see people without it. It sees frequent use already so I'm not sure how making it a base kit removes suspense when people run the perk a lot anyway?

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

See it makes sense, but bad players or survivor mains would scream "having thana would be OP" even though when everyone is injured it only adds a small amount of time to gens.

Personally though I feel if you're injured you repair X% slower, this is a personal debuff. An Injure should mean something, in high level everyone just stays injured with DH as their second chance. Would also somewhat stack with thana and make it not awful

• R2k
    R2k Member Posts: 1,069

If anything I want as passive is Ruin. It will save me from multiple gen kicks and actually help to pressure.

Like make it as passive effect with:

Ruin - After 3-5 sec gen not being repaired it starts to regress with 120% speed.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited September 2021

Too good on Legion? You're gonna need a lot more slowdown that than for his extremely long chase times against good players to match up with gen times. That would not be too good, just a slight annoyance.

I just realized this is an old post, but oh well lol.