Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What would be your dream map?

2»

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Taking a glance back into memory lane, it makes me realize that the realm beyond wasn't executed very well in terms of keeping the atmosphere as scary, dark and gloomy as it used to be. These versions of the maps have a charm that I can't quite put. Perhaps the lighting in old DBD contributes to that as well? Always have been a fan of the older fog, too.

I used to be satisfied with the realm beyond, until I began to realize how much it shattered the iconic atmosphere that DBD once had.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,858

Something like the Paris catacombs. Cave system filled with the dead, noises to help cover sound (either from the environment or dead), multiple ways around areas, a stealth killer's paradise to surprise everyone.

Raining neon city streets for the All-Kill chapter. Dark and gloomy to contrast the psycho star about to torture you with throwing knives.

A ghost ship. We'd prefer something...piratey but probably a modern carrier or something would make a better map. Something out at a stormy sea (would need to figure out the exit gates without the ship being docked though).

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,522

I would be completely fine with the Realm Beyond if that damn thing was optional.

Like, we know for a fact the game supports people playing with different lighting on the same match, some modders literally did that.

So why not give us a choice? Like, let us choose between the classic maps and the new ones.

Everyone wins.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

we were so close.