Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do survivors keep sending me to Macmillan?

I thought it was a balanced map is it survivor sided? It's usually more competent survivors that send me there too

Answers

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,726

probably because they have moral values so they don't send people to horrid maps like garden or badham. they offer it so they get a 50/50 sac ward if the killer offers a map, or they don't get an indoor map which can lead to some issues or some random map that is notorious for having 3 gens.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited December 2023

Some time ago if you saw a MacMillan oferring you should fear because it was used by competitive players for practicing because MacMillan used to be one of the most popular maps for the competitive scene, specially Coal Tower. If the survivors putting the offering are bad maybe it's a coincidence, they usually put Garden of Joy, The Game and RPD when I play killer.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,169

Maybe because they feel like it or just want to lob something in. Maybe because of the above reasons.

I just don't bother paying attention to this regardless as getting someone to wonder why is just a psychological trick. Anyway, sometimes it backfires - Ormond is perhaps my favourite map as Killer and certainly most successful.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

You should really just thank them. Azarov and MacMillan are some of the most balanced maps with just afew exceptions (gas heaven and groaning storehouse)

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I always think that the Survivors just want a "normal" map. So they dont want to play on RPD (or any indoor map) and also dont want to play on crap like Borgo.

MacMillan-Maps are considered the most balanced Maps in the game (even tho I really dont like the recent additions, they were unneccessary and I dont think the additional maps are really balanced), so you have the best chance of having a regular game on these maps.