Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thanatophobia and Kindred should be put into Killers/Survivors base kit.

Just hear me out, but this would fix some complaints survivors and killers have. 

Kindred - While a survivor is on hook, 1 survivor aura is revealed to you. If the killer is within 6 meters, their aura is revealed to all as well. 

This would help solo survivors find eachother while a survivor is on hook, but if the killer face camping it punishes them.

Thanatophobia - 1 dying, injured, or hooked survivor gives remaining survivors a 15% speed penalty to all actions. Each other survivor adds a 2%. 

This wouldn’t do much in preventing generators being finished quickly but add some punishment for survivors that group up. I wanted to add a perk that slows down the game, and Thanatophobia was the only perk that seemed reasonble. 

For new perks that replace this, I would only add new Thanatophobia as Kindred isn’t a teachable. 

New Thanatophobia - When a survivor performs a healing action, their locations are revealed and cannot heal for 10-20 seconds. 

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I'm not sure what to feel about this. On paper it seems like a good idea, but what is the limit to the New Thana? Is it once per health state? Cause Nurses basically already does this minus the inability to heal.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Thanatophobia dosent need to be kit on killers they already have alot of buff survivor needs a buff on solo players devs mentioned that ppl complain about SWF and they still complain so they think of putting kindred and bond as base kit for survivors

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited January 2019

@Tru3Lemon said:
    Thanatophobia dosent need to be kit on killers they already have alot of buff survivor needs a buff on solo players devs mentioned that ppl complain about SWF and they still complain so they think of putting kindred and bond as base kit for survivors

You deign to joke, sir.

Post edited by RSB on
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@RSB said:

@Tru3Lemon said:

You deigns to joke, sir.

fam i dont understand youre english be more specific xd

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@MegChicken i like the idea of both being built into the game for both sides. It may help lower tier killers like Legion who constantly injure but struggle to kill. This would buy them more time. A killer may have less incentive to camp as survivors could group up and gen rush them while they camp.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Like for me for killer base kit should be : brutal strenght, enduring, noed thanayophobia, ruin, pop goes the whistle; bambozel, as base kit. For surv : self care , urban evasion , empaty,  sleepy meat, hope .Final note if devs want balance game and fix with dlc make it good!
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Lol so anytime a survivor uses No Mither everyone gets hit with a 15% penalty?
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Also that new Thanatophobia is absolutely cancerous.
  • MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    Lol so anytime a survivor uses No Mither everyone gets hit with a 15% penalty?
    Don’t run no mither? Seriously who the hell even runs that #########. Just make it so NM doesn’t apply to Thanatophobia. 
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@MegChicken said:
    Don’t run no mither? Seriously who the hell even runs that #########. Just make it so NM doesn’t apply to Thanatophobia. 

I run it for that Leader + Resilience combo. Quite effective for generators.

• MegChicken
    Tru3Lemon said:

Have you ever played in Red Ranks? Literally any way to slow the game down is fairly appreciated. Kindred would help and prevent camping. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MegChicken said:
    Tru3Lemon said:

Have you ever played in Red Ranks? Literally any way to slow the game down is fairly appreciated. Kindred would help and prevent camping. 

Kindred speeds up the game btw

• MegChicken
    Master said:

@MegChicken said:
    Tru3Lemon said:

Kindred speeds up the game btw

It only shows one survivor, not all. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I wouldnt mind this. Any way to slow the game down "JUST A LIL BIT" would be greatly appreciated!!! And it would work at low ranks too because it would teach new players good habits like going after other players to slow down the game instead of staying in one spot camping and teaching new survivors to go onto gens when the killer is camping!!! :smile:
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Thanatophobia is a teachable kindred isnt. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Thanatophobia affecting only the Survivors who are injured could work as a base mechanic, and the perk would then just apply the effect to all Survivors and multiply it. No Mither would, of course, ignore this mechanic.

• MegChicken
    Thanatophobia is a teachable kindred isnt. 
    Omg no really? This is news to me. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

How I feel

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited January 2019

For the built in kindred, keep it the same as tier 3 kindred right now. I like the thanatophobia suggestion.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    I'd say base kindred would work for solo but not bond 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    I'm not sure how I feel about thanataphobia being base kit. Even as a perk the difference it makes is already negligible. 15% would only make a generator take 14 seconds longer. It's not a game changer by any means, but it would just be a mild annoyance to be doing everything slower because there's that one guy that sprints four laps around the map after being unhooked as someone with we'll make it chases them to try to heal. It would also further promote the use of self care, since every second you stay injured is hurting the team.

Not to mention that the survivors aren't technically a team, and helping each other is optional (and usually optimal). I know this wouldn't absolutely change that, but it would discourage a lone wolf playstyle.

The replacement for thanataphobia sounds neat, but there's one huge issue: you could just tap the interaction ASAP and get it out of the way even if you do not intend to heal. For example, you get unhooked, tap it, run away and then heal safely. The location wouldn't help since the killer already knows where you were unhooked.

(Also it would be a little silly because thanataphobia is the fear of death, and not healing would be the opposite of what you'd want to do if you're afraid of dying.)
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I like it. Kindred needs to be base kit without a doubt, and I'd even add Bond to that when injured, which is clearly another big advantage swf survivors have.
    Thanatophobia as base kit would also be nice, but I would keep it the way it is now as opposed to your suggestion, just with slightly higher values maybe. Like instead of 6%/9%/12%/15% maybe 12%/15%/18%/20% for repairing speed and 9%/10%11%/12% for healing. Healing shouldn't be too high though since it would otherwise make Sloppy Butcher useless and would become overpowered.

• MegChicken

How I feel

That’s nice.