DS change Idea

Options
akbays35
akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

What if it was required to break hooks to get the shank in order to perform the strike? This would require survivors to bring sabotage, breakdown, or a toolbox, break like 1-3 hooks, then it's active able (then rework it to have easier activation). Then it wouldn't be a free save since a survivor needed to hit a requirement and it would be an equal time waster to what the killer loses in a chase.

Comments

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    Options
    I don’t think so. If that happens killers would had to bring hangman’s trick because pretty much survivors won’t left any hook in the map.
  • DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

what if 2 hooks ( breakdown don't count ) and open one box

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    What if no 
  • akbays35
    edited January 2019
    Options

@antgnstea said:
    I don’t think so. If that happens killers would had to bring hangman’s trick because pretty much survivors won’t left any hook in the map.

it would be an objective time sink, just to make a perk active, not only that they would have to use sabo or a toolbox just to make the perk work it would make it more niche.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

@akbays35 said:
    What if it was required to break hooks to get the shank in order to perform the strike? This would require survivors to bring sabotage, breakdown, or a toolbox, break like 1-3 hooks, then it's active able (then rework it to have easier activation). Then it wouldn't be a free save since a survivor needed to hit a requirement and it would be an equal time waster to what the killer loses in a chase.

or just make the perk increase struggle speed, because that will help and not be a get out of jail free card

• akbays35
    edited January 2019
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@akbays35 said:

or just make the perk increase struggle speed, because that will help and not be a get out of jail free card

I suggested this way also due to a theme, where are they getting these sharp objects to stab the killer? The hook is the only object survivors interact with and it clearly drops on the ground...

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@akbays35 said:

I suggested this way also due to a theme, where are they getting these sharp objects to stab the killer? The hook is the only object survivors interact with and it clearly drops on the ground...

yeah, but the survivor is attacking the killer when wiggling, so this can be used as a way of showing that they are literally stabbing aggressively at the killers shoulder, if we mix me and your idea it would come out clean

• akbays35
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@akbays35 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@akbays35 said:

yeah, but the survivor is attacking the killer when wiggling, so this can be used as a way of showing that they are literally stabbing aggressively at the killers shoulder, if we mix me and your idea it would come out clean

Well I wouldn't mind a perk with stronger wiggle just not tied to ds (cough boil over cough). The real issue with ds is how much time the killer loses when the survivor activates it. If a survivor has to lose objective time on something besides a generator then it actually helps the killer and saboing hooks also carries a risk with the noise notification and having to grab a perk or toolbox to use it. This would also give killers a hint of multiple ds users in the game. Development wise this would also give sabotage an overall function for solo survivors. I also like the idea of chests being a requirement because that's a limited resource that other survivors go for but it seems like a double reward.