We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Is survivor in its worst state yet?

Options
HexNo3_D
HexNo3_D Member Posts: 7
edited December 2023 in Polls

So I’ve started to notice this over the past few days, perks that we have had as survivors (speaking as a survivor main) I can say have been overpowered in some way or form, you know what I understood the frustration for killers when perks where in the state that they were and the way the maps were etc…ect…etc but does anyone think that the perks survivors had and some of the things we had back in old dbd were nerfed very very bad and very very harshly to the point where some perks/maps/ mechanics that are in there state now have become a problem, for example hitboxes (I don’t think I really need to explain but I’ll drop a attachment below) maps have been re-sized or over nerfed and in some cases some maps have just become total dead zones but still after nerfing all these maps they have also blinded sided the most problematic map in dbd history (The Game Map). Now let’s talk about perks examples of some perks that have been over nerfed in the wrong way Decisive Strike, Dead Hard, Spine Chill, MFT (Made For This - Recent), I feel like the dead hard nerf was needed back in I think it was 2021 correct me if I’m wrong because you know it was problematic but fast forward to a couple years later to the state it is now it has literally been made a finicky off the record that lasts 0.5 seconds and only activates twice. I get we needed to get out of the dead hard meta but I feel like they could have found another way around it idk if it’s just me, DS (Decisive Strike) all I’m gonna say is (it was needed) but again not as harsh as it did get nerfed similar situation to dead hard the stun time didn’t need to be cut that short they should have done something like this.

• DS no longer Deactivates after doing an adjective

-DS uptime reduced to 10/15/20

-DS timer Pauses while in chase

-After getting put into the dying state before the 20 second timer runs out, a 45/50/55 second timer starts, if the killer picks you up before that time, decisive strike still activates.

I know on the 2024 Roadmap BHVR spoke about the changes to perks/statuses,/ect and Decisive Strike was on there so I’m hoping it will get the buff it deserves.

Spine Chill, was an amazing but slightly over powered perk combo with resilience but all I’m gonna say it didn’t need the speed removing it just needed tweaking so like 2-3% extra vault speed instead of 8% I think it was.

MFT (Made For This) - Made for this and I’m going to say it was broken AF right but I don’t even think sometimes the speed was the problem in some cases I think the endurance was just a unnecessary part of the perk of anything they should have removed that tweaked the speed and see how it played out.

And one more final thing I’m going to talk about is medkits when they nerfed them back in 2022 they really did them dirty tbh I didn’t think anything was wrong with them maybe instead of a gold bar on the bar for when you where self healing with a medkit you could have turned them into a grey bar where it would just been normal healing speed like I said not nerfing them into oblivion.

Anyway let me know your thoughts down below?

Is survivor in its worst state yet? 34 votes

Do You Think BHVR buff killer and nerf a lot of Survior recently?
47%
xEaGeneralVcrystalkittiGuiltiiCaptainKipupHalloulleEEPCorvusCorax86brenknjonifireFoempticolneasbasementTotallyReaalBasementKinghotbabe95Crusor 16 votes
Or Do you Think Survior Perks/Maps/Ect are fine?
52%
GibberishThe_DaydreamerMrPenguinHerInfernalMajestyHermitbjorksnasSlamitieHeaderLeFennecFoxfussyChikykit_masonArchol123TheSingularityAstelomg_is_that_jesusBafugabooTommyDorkelson 18 votes

Comments

• HexNo3_D
    Options

Which I get that yet still remains my point survivor still did need a nerf but not as harsh as they did,

I mean come on please tell me the killers meta is not obnoxious or annoying Scourge Hook : Pain Res ( 4 tokens for 25% progress taken off the highest progression gen) not gonna lie I remember when they nerfed this I did think they was gonna reworks it dunno why. Pop Goes The Weazel ( After you have hooked a survivor when you kick a gem in the next 45 seconds, 30% progress will be taken off any gen you kick, it’s mainly two of these I see or stacked with other gen slowdowns that are just ok if I was to call them but I’ve recently noticed the majority of the killer dbd community I’ve seen over the past few weeks run stuff like this and it’s stuff like this that causes 40 minute matches, BHVR I ABSOLUTELY BEG YOU IF YOU SEE THIS SORT It out!

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 294
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Or Do you Think Survior Perks/Maps/Ect are fine?

…and it’s stuff like this that causes 40 minute matches.

i’d rather say this stuff prevents matches from lasting 5 minutes

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

With an asterix though.

It's more thing of turning the same screw twice and forgetting that it stacks.

Best example: Sloppy. The way it used to be was not enough. Mangled and Hemorrage were buffed in the way they were and sloppy got some extra to counter the self-healing meta and to give killers something to still feel a degree of control when survs bring medkits. --- Then self healing as a whole mechanic has been severely nerfed. - So now Sloppy is quite overtuned.

Idk, they seem to sometimes forget just how much these things stack. - Or, well, they do know (Sloppy is up on the changes list) but smh it's never proactive; never a case of let's change how self-healing works and change Sloppy (/Mangled/Hemorrage) to make it balanced considering the changes. So in the meantime things just really feel very unbalanced and unfair for no reason. Atm survs seem to get the short end of that stick more often than killers - but it could just as well be the other way around.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I mean, it is obvious. All you have to do is look footage of 2016-2020.

So yes, of course survivors are nerfed a lot, while killer got buffed significantly.

Said that, to have the opinion that those nerfs / killer buffs are okay for the game are an option. I would not agree tho.

Overall the options to choose from this poll are missleading.

• HexNo3_D
    Options

tbh i didnt really state this in my poll/disscusion but i was on abt like killers capitlising on these perks to cause 3 gen strat to become a harsh extend of like 15-20 more mins in a match which really isnt needed

• HexNo3_D
    Options
  • GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,203
    Options

This^^^^