We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How many pallet drops are appropriate first chase of the game?

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562

This can be heavily situational depending on many factors but what do you think?

How many pallet drops are appropriate first chase of the game? 16 votes

None. It's first chase or down. Try to save.
6%
MaRzDBD 1 vote
1-2
56%
The_Daydreamerhalcyondays93CorvusCorax86D0NN1ED4RK0TheSingularityAstelomg_is_that_jesusTommyDorkelsonFengMain61 9 votes
3-4
6%
That_One_Friend 1 vote
As many as I need to stay alive. WoO forever!
31%
Atsuka_AnarchyInsaneCoasterGuiltiiRareFantom47FakeWalterWhite 5 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    Options
    1-2

Bumping sorry.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,197
    Options

Technically speaking as many as needed, but still trying to be conservative with them as to not turn the map into a dead zone within two minutes. If it is a 5 Gen chase you can dry out the entire map, however even then you should not just predrop every pallet.

There is this old video Scott Jund did about a spirit show case where he played her against a comp player, and because she did not have her current audio cue the guy was only guessing, and ended up dropping a pallet every 12 seconds, which is quite a lot... He said it would have given his team enough time to end the game, which is fair in a comp setting... However since public teams are not that efficient I would say it depends on the strength of the pallet and how long you can possibly survive afterwards if you drop it as to how many pallets are fine... But I don't think there is a specific number for this just because it is the first chase... Same with this weird don't drop shack at 5 gens, if the killer has bamboozle shack really isn't that strong so you might as well just drop it... Unless connected to another strong window or whatever.

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    As many as I need to stay alive. WoO forever!

I say as many as you need, and don't just drop pallets for the sake of dropping pallets either.

If you can get away with greeding pallets, greed the pallets. However, try to use pallets sparingly if you realize the Killer has perks that work with being stunned or breaking pallets, such as Hubris - You don't want to be caught exposed with this perk, Enduring - The Killer likely not respect pallets, or Spirit Fury - Breaking a pallet upon a stun, even without Enduring, Spirit Fury is still strong for saving a bit of time.

If you notice the Killer is naturally faster than they usually are, they may already have Bloodlust. Drop a pallet and make them break it. Breaking pallets technically ends the chase and gets rid of all tiers of Bloodlust, as it would when hitting a Survivor. Beware of perks like Tinkerer, or Beast of Prey (But who would run that) which can hide the red stain giving you a heads up for which direction they're coming from.

Specific Killers you should not drop pallets for free with:

Bubba - Chainsaw Pallet Eating Champion

Billy - when revving chainsaw

Nemesis - Tier I is fine if you drop pallets against him, but once in Tier II, don't give him pallets for free, he will shred through them like paper

Blight - If you need to protect yourself, perfectly fine, but again, he eats through pallets.

Chucky - He will pop out from nowhere

Wraith - Shadow Dance add-ons are very powerful, if you realize Wraith has this add-on, vault the pallet constantly so he can't break it while cloaked.

Demogorgan - Use pallets when you need safety, but otherwise, he can swiftly break pallets when needed