"The grass is always greener-", I guess.

Trust_me_Im_a_Doctor
Trust_me_Im_a_Doctor Member Posts: 29
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

Survivors were strong at chases, self healing, and chasing again so killers used perks and strategies to counter healing, pallets and flashlights. Then they nerfed self healing.

That, combined with new, strong killers and killer perks tipped the scales. Because chases are shorter for survivors and getting injured is riskier and, let's face it, more likely, their new goal is to not be put in those situations in the first place.

I'll agree the meta has changed but I disagree that it's an issue. If you can't find survivors, track them by other means. Change your meta. Blood tracking perks and add-ons, spies in the shadows, thrilling tremors, surveillance, wraith's scratchmark perk name I forgot, give them difficult skill checks, use killers like trapper or knight who can damage without seeing survivors, any perks that can create loud noise events or highlight generators should be your new playstyle if you are having trouble against Stealth.

I've been playing since year 2. I started playing as killer right after spirit first came out. Then the games got so stressful that, because of my anxiety disorder, it was literally bad for my health. I switched to survivor and my playstyle has been Stealth until teammates need me. I have been running distortion, calm spirit and ironwill almost this entire time because I was never ood at chases and never will be. But as a solo player 90% of the time, let me tell you that them not helping teammates is on them not the meta.

As a solo survivor, use kindred, aftercare, boon healing or yoichi's perk to let other survivors see your aura. You can use bond to see others. You can use the key add-ons to see survivors. You can use maps to create a giant pillar that acts like the screaming sun from Rick and Morty. There are ways to play, adapt, overcome. Sorry about the rant. I've been a Stealth main for years and just was able to pick killer back up lol

Post edited by Trust_me_Im_a_Doctor on

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

Predator (Wraiths scratch mark perk) is probably the worst thing you can run, it makes tracking harder not easier and should get changed in some way. It makes it so scratch marks don't spawn up structures anymore and can trick you into wrong pathing, this perk leggit gives you negative value meaning you are better off not running anything. Bloodhound is also really useless in that sense because if you know what you are doing you can see blood regardless, it only helps you if you are new to the game and have nothing better. Besides that you can usually track people people when they are injured by sound.

If survivors are running stealth builds, including calm spirit, then spies in the shadows won't work at all right? Because crows cannot get disturbed while running calm spirit? So this is kind of weird advice my man.

If the survivors immediatly go into hiding as soon as they hear your heartbeat, none of those perks are gonna help you... So you know with surveillance that they started progressing the gen again and you return, and they are gone already, so how does it help you? Same for thrilling, in the time it takes you to hook and go to that gen they can be on the other side of the map... Trapper is probably one of the worst killers in the game and Knight is one of the most unfun killers in the game, so I don't think recommending them really helps.

The issue is all those things you advice to use don't help you at all... They don't reveal stealthy survivors, all it does it make you go back to a gen and kick it again and waste a lot of time. Knowing they are on a gen does not help you, because you know that already, you just don't know where they are hiding...

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,586

No offense, but your name and profile picture don't make me want to trust you. 🤔

I agree with the overall sentiment of your post, but it's not like the perks you mentioned are actually any good. I tried playing with Predator for a bit because I have been experiencing some issues with scratch marks for a while but it's not really helpful and can actually be detrimental. On top of that, you waste a perk slot that you definitely need for something else. The only blood tracking perk I can think of, Blood Hound, has a similar issue. You should not really need it and when you do, it's likely not going to be much help. Skill check perks are also pretty bad overall. I'd argue that OC is still the best and that is not a high bar because hitting this skill check is really not that difficult and the other effect of this perk is pretty bad too.

With that being said, it is true that both sides have a lot more options than are actually used. Lately, I have toyed around with Third Seal a lot and it is much better than it used to be because it counters the number 1 most used perk in the game. As a survivor I mostly use the combination of Bond + Open Handed, which I find to be very underrated. You basically know where your team mates and the killer are at any given time, which helps with stealth, a head start in chase, coordination and the avoidance of 3 gens.

There are more than just the same few different meta ways to win games but ultimately not everyone wants to think about it so much. So you see many players using the same few perks / killers / addons every game. I have tried some very nich builds before on certain maps and I think, these can be even stronger than what is considered meta. It's just not as reliable. And people like "reliable".

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

"As a solo survivor, use kindred, aftercare, boon healing or yoichi's perk to let other survivors see your aura. You can use bond to see others. You can use the key add-ons to see survivors. You can use maps to create a giant pillar that acts like the screaming sun from Rick and Marty. There are ways to play, adapt, overcome."

I literally lol'd at this. You could run 0 perks and you'd still probably have a similar escape rate over 100s of matches. Solo q is just gambling with matchmaking at this point. So few games are decided on how you play or what perks you have compared to actually getting a good team.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,731

100% agree with all these.

here's a few pieces of advice i would give to people struggling against stealth:

play a stealth killer/run stealth perks yourself so you can surprise people.

run gen info perks instead like discordance tinkerer and surveillance *on a high mobility killer*

when approaching an area survivors can be around, look and clear escaping routes first, gradually narrowing the area.

if it's up to you and you know the survivor has distortion, don't trigger it so they don't get free hidden scratch marks.

try playing survivor in a similar fashion, so you have a better understanding on how a stealthy survivor would path.

try to understand and learn when and how much scratch marks fade away so you can take a guess how far around they can be.

almost 4k hours and i still don't have this skill, but pay attention to crows (doesn't work against calm spirit)

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,557

I would recommend A Nurse's Calling for ya.

This perk used to be meta a long time ago, some members of the Forums still remember that. And it is fantastic how helpful it can be.

The perk helps you with tracking and applying pressure. It almost never leaves my builds.