Selfcare

Options
Gamerplayer
Gamerplayer Member Posts: 1

So I'm wondering with all the big updates that go on should self care be buffed back to 50%? A lot of killers tend to bring sloppy butcher which slows down the healing dramatically, and if interrupted, you healing goes down. It's still a popular perk from statistics, but could those just include new players in those statistics?

Selfcare 43 votes

It should be buffed to 50% again
34%
kisfenkinGeneralVdknbDhurl421Aurelle09SHARKBOSSEEPD0NN1ED4RK0jonifireFoempticolcaligraphTyler3TommyDorkelsonsir_frederickkiraqqu 15 votes
No it's fine the way it is
32%
GibberishMikeStevBlueberryHerInfernalMajestyCrowmanViktor1853sizzlingmario4Archol123TheSingularitySkillfulstoneomg_is_that_jesusKitchenWitchKazOneAutumnLeafmahiroa 14 votes
Neither but a buff is needed
32%
The_DaydreamerValikFFirebranddThat_One_FriendAlex_BbySugaryOreossaintjimmy456RareFantom47CorvusCorax86BlightedTrapperAstelSelfpreservatedGrandmasterChuloprestige_ghost 14 votes

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,618
    Options

Most people always stack some other speed healing perk along with SC. Bumping it back to 50% would be redundant.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,331
    Options

Maybe hot take, but imo it’s genuinely better for the game if Self-Care is bad.

For self-healing to be balanced it either needs to be limited or very slow. Self-Care is unlimited.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options

im here to make bad choises and cheer peeps up and nobody here is sad that i know of

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 872
    Options

Health states are just too valuable to be recovered so rapidly.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 264
    Options

If it is then it shouldnt be able to stack with healing speed.

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185
    Options

Maybe something like self-care is more powerful if you have already healed somebody else? Bored of everybody in solo Q playing self-care and the game is 50% people hiding in corners healing themselves.

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    edited December 2023
    Options

And this is what it was like when Boon: Circle of Healing was before its nerf last year. Everyone would just go to the boon, heal up, and return to repairing gens. It's simplistic.

But I like your idea, that you can only heal yourself after you've healed another Survivor for a certain amount. It'll kinda be like Second Wind, but with that perk, it just heals you. For Self-care, it could be "if you heal another Survivor for a full health state, you can heal yourself for 50% at the pace of a medkit." Something along the lines of that.

• Selfpreservated
    Selfpreservated Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 62
    Options

Self-care is only used because its a teachable perk for one of the main survivors wich leads to new survivors to use it frecuently

if it was only experimented players it would drop the use of the perk cause how bad it is and because a medkit already fullfills all the players needs when it comes to healing

i think it should be completely removed and changed to a totally new perk for claudette

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 447
    Options

Sloppy Butcher is getting gutted into uselessness soon anyway (rip to the new players and free-to-play players that essentially only had Sloppy for anti-heal on weaker/M1 Killers, it's not like Nurse and Blight used it much) so healing is going to be easier across the board.

• Alex_
    Alex_ Member Posts: 143
    Options

I play both Killer and Survivor, so in my opinion it's a really difficult situation.

On the one hand a strong self healing perks is easily OP, on the other hand I hate it when my soloq teammates do nothing but self-care...

To be honest I would buff it a little, but nothing too crazy

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options

Please move on, use this perk instead.

• OneAutumnLeaf
    OneAutumnLeaf Member Posts: 103
    Options

Self care needs to stay bad so medkits actually mean something

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,901
    edited February 29
    Options

This.

Healing has to slow down the game. It needs to take at least as much time as it takes the killer to get the hit.

Self healing in dbd can never be “good” for the sake of balance. It isn’t healthy.

You generally speaking need to force a time waste, be that very slow healing or fast but limited or taking two survivors combined time.

• kiraqqu
    kiraqqu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 5
    Options

Self-care was already pretty bad before its nerf. You need to sacrifice like 2 perk slots on top of the perk itself to make it decent. The only problem is that since the nerf, most survivors have gotten smart enough to not run it. Before tons of survivors ran it, thinking it was a good perk, only to waste a perk slot and a somewhat huge amount of time in the end.

Nowdays many survivors don't waste that perk slot, and rather run something actually decent. As a survivor, it makes me happy, but as someone who enjoys playing less strong killers, it kind of pains me. :D

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

The primary issue we see with the perk is when it is abused at high level play... but I personally think that "abusing" the perk for its benefit is much better than having it languish away with hardly being viable at all.

Here is my proposed change:

Make it take 20s flat to heal one's self (With a medkit)

Self Care:

You’ve tended your own wounds enough times to know how to get the job done with all but nothing.

Able to heal yourself at any time. Self heal at 20/30/40% increased speed. Increased Medkit efficiency on self-heal by 20%.

’It won’t scar so badly if you treat it quickly!’ – Claudette Morel”

This will make it less viable without a Medkit, but still good.

50 second heal from full without a Medkit.14 second heal with one with a little juice in the tank for the next one. It works as intended, but is more valuable as both a personal aid tool and an altruistic one.