Could you leave ultra rare items available in chests?

Options
Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
The "Winter Solstice" event was characterized by the following game news:
1) Christmas decorations;
2) Christmas boxes instead of the Mystery boxes;
3) festive firecrackers;
4) greater probability of obtaining high rarity resources;
5) possibility to find ultra rare objects in the chests.

Of these changes, I ask the Developers to keep and make permanent only the last: the availability of the Skeleton Key does not add any advantage to the survivors (the Dull Key has the same ability to open the hatch), while the Rainbow Map is, without add-ons, scarcely incisive (it shows, within a radius of 8 meters, everything that could be equally seen with the naked eye); but those who find these objects, animated by the hope, welcome to the Entity, to keep them, will play the rest of the game with double the tension and prudence, for the benefit of the seriousness and immersiveness of the adventure. In this regard, the only game in which I found the Rainbow Map was extremely intense and I was impressed by the constant anxiety that guided my every move.
Post edited by Entità on

Comments

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Yes. It’ll make Plunderer’s Instinct more viable too.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

I MUCH prefer farming items through chests than purchasing them in the bloodweb. I'm totally invested!

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    The Skeleton Key does have an advantage over the Dull Key. The Hatch will stay open for 30 seconds if opened with a skeleton key as opposed to five seconds with a Dull Key.

I thought Ultra Rares could be already found in chests and the event just increased the chances of you getting one. 
  • Entità
    Options
    The Skeleton Key does have an advantage over the Dull Key. The Hatch will stay open for 30 seconds if opened with a skeleton key as opposed to five seconds with a Dull Key.

I thought Ultra Rares could be already found in chests and the event just increased the chances of you getting one. 

Yours is a common mistake. The key's duration applies to its aura reading abilities, with the proper add-ons equipped: they are continuous effects and "burn" the key's charges when used. Opening the hatch destroys immediately the key, and the hatch opening time does not depend on the color of the key you spent to open it: the hatch remains open for 30 seconds, then the Entity closes it again. :)
  • Entità
    Options
    Other opinions?
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Well, there is no tangible difference between both UR map and key to their inferior versions without addons which can already be both found in chests, so why not.

And if you use an item farm build and survive you deserved your loot. 

Im up for it.
  • Entità
    Options
    @Peanits Do you agree with ultra rare items in chests? :)
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    I'd love receiving a Rainbow Map since it's the most powerful item in the game with the correct add-ons! (Unpopular opinion)
  • Entità
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Nickenzie So do you agree to unlock ultra rare items in chests, as it was during the Winter Solstice event? :)