If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Cross Progression Survey Question

Options
Krazzik
Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

A very interesting question in the survey may shed light on why Cross Progression is taking so long.

I don't have a screenshot but the question was basically:

"Would you be open to Cross Progression if you could only carry over characters you bought ingame, rather than through DLC"

It seems that character unlocks through DLC may be much harder to carry over, perhaps there are legal problems with the DLC being tied to that platform's company and so they can't allow the unlocks to be transferred to another platform.

This would mean you would have to purchase the individual characters with Auric Cells or Iri Shards for them to be available on other platforms.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,196
    Options

Probably has something to do with the question of "What platforms do you play?" and "What platforms do you own?"

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,134
    Options

well I want Cross Progression and wouldn't mind buying the DLC again I mainly play on ps5 but I have it on steam and I just want my lvls on said characters maybe lvl of my profile and shards or event outfit or normal outfits I got with shards.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,299
    Options

Being able to carry over all of their leveling, items & cosmetics would likely be most player's priority over DLC's. It would suck in my case as I never got a character with shards just through DLC's.

Too bad all this wasn't sorted out before they ported the game over to the consoles. Or the numerous reasons why Cross Progression has consistently been asked for in the first place.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,226
    Options

Yes. It only appears if you said you play on multiple platforms.

It's annoying because i don't play on multiple platforms because there is no cross progression.

• OrangeBear
    Options

I would honestly still use cross progression if i had to re-buy all the characters.

The main thing i want is the perks and MMR. Because MMR takes forever to calibrate and this takes longer with no perks and the game is boring with no perks.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

FYI, I got the question despite stating I ONLY play the game on PC. The questionaire even acknowledged I only play on a single platform, though I did say I own multiple platforms.

And yeah I assume most people that really want cross progression would be fine having to buy the characters again if it meant they kept prestige levels, perks, items and cosmetics.

• OrangeBear
    Options

Oh, right. I did the same answers as you and didn't get it. It's an enigma i suppose

• Theuthis
    Theuthis Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2023
    Options

Right now DLCs are shared between Epic and Steam if you enable crossprogression, I hope that this won't change in the future and this is only referring to crossprogression between consoles and PC. It would be really unfair if this feature is removed for the platforms that already have it.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 645
    Options

I do play on multiple platforms though. I selected three different ones on the survey.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,547
    Options

I've said a few times I'd happily take what I could get on the cross progression front. I think they just need to be upfront and most people will understand why there are barriers to transferring some content. Something is better than nothing imo.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,293
    Options

I do not want to believe that it would be this easy to get cross progression with this limitation and we are still here not having it and everyone begging BHVR for it while specifically saying they would be okay with DLCs having to be purchased again.

also I did not get the question despite having multiple platforms… guess I should have said I play on the switch version?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

It's probably due to game sharing. It kinds makes a mess when you have ppl who didn't actually buy the DLC being able to use it.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

It seems that character unlocks through DLC may be much harder to carry over, perhaps there are legal problems with the DLC being tied to that platform's company and so they can't allow the unlocks to be transferred to another platform.

When you purchase something from BHVR, the service provider (Sony, Steam, etc.) get a cut of that because they bear the cost of being the host. It makes sense that Sony wouldn't be crazy about having to bear the hosting costs while Steam is getting the money (as an example).

Some companies have better relations with others. If the Fortnight lawsuit is anything to go off, Sony is the major sticking point and asks for enormous fees for cross progression.

• Munke
    Munke Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

If i rebought the dlc would my prestiges come with it?

• BassGuitarRox
    BassGuitarRox Member Posts: 57
    Options

I’d probably be happy to buy all the DLCs again. Even if it was part of some kind of flat port / DLC import price.

It’s more just wanting to try DBD on PC. I started playing DBD on PS4 5 years ago and then moved to PS5 - I just wouldn’t want to start from scratch levelling all my characters to P9 again. I’d jump at cross progression that could offer me that.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 467
    Options

Now that they have the chapter bundles, it would be easier to re-purchase the DLC's for different platforms. I wouldn't mind doing so on the Switch if I can carry everything else over from my Steam account.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,293
    Options

yeah, level/progress should definitely transfer if crossprogress comes for consoles- though it’s not confirmed that cross progression for PlayStation/Microsoft is even coming at all.