Baby billy needs tips.

Options
Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

So, I suck as Billy. I get looped to #########. And I end up facecamping an exit gate. Please give me tips. I can't live this way. The exit gates were not made to be facecamped. (seriously I always facecamp a gate when I lose)

Comments

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You can run BBQ, Ruin, NOED, and a perk of your choice with most killers and find some level of success. 

Billy's high mobility is what makes him great, so anything that gives you survivor information (like BBQ, Rancor, and Bitter Murmur) can all act as chase enablers. 

Chainsaw handling skills are also important for this mobility.

For loops themselves, it's important to know what is safe, chainsawable, extended due to gen placement, etc.

I'd advise against ever respecting pallets with Billy - Even if you trade on the first hit, it's easy to catch up. 
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Try to learn to maneuver the chainsaw. It takes a while to get used to it but you'll learn quickly, it's not to bad. Practice makes perfect. When getting looped press the chainsaw button for like a second in front of a pallet to fool the survivor into thinking you're wasting time revving the chainsaw to break the pallet. Aside from that I can't think of anything. Hillbilly is very simple in design and he isn't as tough to learn as other killers. :)

• Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Options
    I like discordance on Billy because even if they are trying to bait me, I can vroom over there before they have time to disappear.
  • Poweas
    edited January 2019
    Options

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    Try to learn to maneuver the chainsaw. It takes a while to get used to it but you'll learn quickly, it's not to bad. Practice makes perfect. When getting looped press the chainsaw button for like a second in front of a pallet to fool the survivor into thinking you're wasting time revving the chainsaw to break the pallet. Aside from that I can't think of anything. Hillbilly is very simple in design and he isn't as tough to learn as other killers. :)

For some reason I can't learn him but I can learn Nurse, Hag and spirit in a few games. Ty for the revving advice though.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

@Poweas said:
    So, I suck as Billy. I get looped to #########. And I end up facecamping an exit gate. Please give me tips. I can't live this way. The exit gates were not made to be facecamped. (seriously I always facecamp a gate when I lose)

Ochido is your master Baby Billy san, add him to PS4 and get ur 4ss wh00ped 2 learn

• Poweas
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Poweas said:

Ochido is your master Baby Billy san, add him to PS4 and get ur 4ss wh00ped 2 learn

Firstly, I'm talking about PC and I got an Xbox not PS4 sorry. Secondly. I could whoop him as any killer because he's not as good as he says, ever since the pallet vacuum nerf, he's been exposed to show how average he is :chuffed: .

I wonder if my Nurse would make him cry ;).

• Poweas
    Options

@Raccoon said:
    You can run BBQ, Ruin, NOED, and a perk of your choice with most killers and find some level of success. 

Billy's high mobility is what makes him great, so anything that gives you survivor information (like BBQ, Rancor, and Bitter Murmur) can all act as chase enablers. 

Chainsaw handling skills are also important for this mobility.

For loops themselves, it's important to know what is safe, chainsawable, extended due to gen placement, etc.

I'd advise against ever respecting pallets with Billy - Even if you trade on the first hit, it's easy to catch up. 

I'm never running NOED. Right now I got ruin, BBQ, sloppy and enduring. I'm trying to level up Billy for spirit fury. Ty for the advice though on not respecting pallets, I respect them as of rn.

• Poweas
    Options

@Mullato said:
    I like discordance on Billy because even if they are trying to bait me, I can vroom over there before they have time to disappear.

Ok I'll try to get that.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You can run/not run whatever you want, but please, leave any misguided notions about skill/honor on certain perks at the door, though your refusal to run NOED while complaining about having to "camp" gates is both cute and ironic :3
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

Master using his saw to cross the map, and close distances first.

Worry about hits second.

Mastery of his saw as a travel tool will lead to Mastery landing hits with it in time.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

When I play Billy I go an Anti-Chase build.

Primer Bulb, Tuning Guide

With

BBQ, Bamboozle, Enduring, and Spirit Fury.

It does pretty well.

• Poweas
    Options

@Raccoon said:
    You can run/not run whatever you want, but please, leave any misguided notions about skill/honor on certain perks at the door, though your refusal to run NOED while complaining about having to "camp" gates is both cute and ironic :3

Thank you :3. I got 2 survivors down but that gate had to die lol. I don't like NOED because I main survivor. But don't get misguided, facecamping that gate was the most fun I've had in dbd ever lol. I can see why killers like to facecamp lol.

• Poweas
    Options

@Vortexas said:
    When I play Billy I go an Anti-Chase build.

Primer Bulb, Tuning Guide

With

BBQ, Bamboozle, Enduring, and Spirit Fury.

It does pretty well.

I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks for the solid advice. We normally don't get along but thanks for putting our differences aside to give me solid advice. I might use ur build actually. Just gotta level Clown which'll be a pain.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

@Poweas said:

you need to go to settings and change q and e to left and right movement (it still has the mouse enabled). this will help with chainsaw steering. With Billy you can't just chainsaw at a loop, go ahead and slug. You have to use chainsaw to catch them in between tiles or if they are camping a pallet. Predicting survivor movement between tiles is effective and watch when they try to 180. Billy also has some hit box bugs in his favor you can chainsaw survivors if they are too close to small objects like tires and trees. Survivors typically camp pallets and vaults vs billy so I recommend Spirit Fury/Endurance and Bamboozle to limit their chase options. Watch your lobby too if you get a lot of p3 clauds go with whispers to find their immersed butts. Main thing is just practice, practice. practice.

• Poweas
    Options

@akbays35 said:

@Poweas said:

you need to go to settings and change q and e to left and right movement (it still has the mouse enabled). this will help with chainsaw steering. With Billy you can't just chainsaw at a loop, go ahead and slug. You have to use chainsaw to catch them in between tiles or if they are camping a pallet. Predicting survivor movement between tiles is effective and watch when they try to 180. Billy also has some hit box bugs in his favor you can chainsaw survivors if they are too close to small objects like tires and trees. Survivors typically camp pallets and vaults vs billy so I recommend Spirit Fury/Endurance and Bamboozle to limit their chase options. Watch your lobby too if you get a lot of p3 clauds go with whispers to find their immersed butts. Main thing is just practice, practice. practice.

Thanks mate, I already use Q and E but I'll make sure to keep the hitbox in mind.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options
    Poweas said:

BBQ, Ruin, Enduring and Spirit Fury.
    Dont respect pallets and when you are on open fields use chainsaw, there are some loops which I use It as well but those are really hard to land the hit.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Poweas said:

Dont feel bad when they call you M1 billy, dont try to always use the chainsaw, you are a 115% killer.
    BBQ is must have on billy, if you see everyone you know what to do. If not, then dont be afraid to chainsaw back to the hook :wink:

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Don't underestimate the cool down add ons. Especially when you are starting out you will be wanting to recover from a sprint as quickly as possible.
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    I was gonna say if you was on ps4 I would be willing to play some kyf games with you so you can get better at timing with billy
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Poweas said:

I use two add ons as him mostly, one ia the yellow rarity that helps you steer, ypu can make wider and even easier turns with it. Helps with mobility.
    Another can be any that reduces the charge time of the rev to go faster.

Endurinh is one ive used, i also used whisper/bbq(bare in mind these were used on my climb to Red ranks} the others i dont remember much i can check my build later to give small tips on a starting build..

But just remember don't always rely on chainsaw. Although its a one hit down it takes time away from being able to hit them. Use it mostly for mobility or to scare a pallet camper into droping the pallet, or getting away from it
  • Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

I can't play billy to save my life if i am honest or the nurse!

• Poweas
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    I can't play billy to save my life if i am honest or the nurse!

Nurse is simple, if you play on PC then add me, my username is Poweas. I'll help you out in KYF

• Mushwin
    Options

i am on the ps4 pro....

• Poweas
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    i am on the ps4 pro....

Oh right

• Mushwin
    Options

But hey i am good with other killers ^^

• Poweas
    Options

@Mushwin said:
    But hey i am good with other killers ^^

^^

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    If you need help getting chainsaw hits against the tricky survivors who are juking you, use shadowborn. It makes a world of difference for that close up chainsaw action. M&A has some applications, but since it doesn't make your screen quite as wide and only outside if a chase, shadowborn definitely has my vote.