We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Does anyone have any good story game recommendations?

Options
Vanishlord
Vanishlord Member Posts: 472
edited December 2023 in Off-topic

Just wondering as I am thinking about getting RE2+3 remastered. Any other recommendations?

Also anyone who has played the RE mastered 2+3, how hard are they?

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options

I'd recommend Cyberpunk 2077 if you haven't played it yet. It is really good.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,146
    Options

Bg3 is a good story game with plenty of choices that matter and customization

• Vanishlord
    Options

My friends have recomended it to me but have not gone into details about it. It is on my radar. Can I ask what it's like?

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 612
    Options

RE2 and 3 are really fun, but there is some difficulty there for sure.

For story my top three recommendations are:

1. If you want an great story. Life is Strange.
    2. If you want a great story with some difficulty. The Last of Us.
    3. If you want a great story with a challenging game. Bloodborne.

Cyberpunk 2077 is kind of hard for me to recommend just for the story. Keanu Reeves ranting incoherently and nonstop in cut scenes wasn't great. The side stories and the other characters were excellent though! So it was worth the effort I would say. I play a lot of games though so I would say it is not for everyone.

I haven't finished Baldur's Gate 3, but it has been a blast so far, and I would recommend it at this point for sure.

If you like Norse mythology I cannot say enough great things about God of War (2018) and Ragnarok. The way they incorporate the real stories of Norse mythology into this game is great. It is a little bit more difficult than some games, but if you can handle Resident Evil I bet you are up for God of War.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 870
    Options

If you’re looking for a highly sentimental story and you are sensitive to existential fear then I highly recommend Final Fantasy 16.

• Vanishlord
    Options

Well, I have an xbox and a playstation and mainly play the xbox. I only play the playstation to play spiderman 2. There is a sale on xbox which is why I want to get a few games. I like a variety of different games. I want to try zombie games like dying light, RE. My friends recomend dying light but have not played RE.

• BooperDooper
    BooperDooper Member Posts: 266
    edited December 2023
    Options

All current generation (Re7 and up) resident evils game I enjoy, and I don't think they're hard, you can choose from Easy, standard/normal and hardcore and unlock an even harder mode (if thats what you like). I always go for standard on a first playthrough, but you can ofc choose easy if you're having trouble or would rather focus on the story.

Some story centred games I like are:

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice <------ SO GOOD and underrated (Just know unfortunately they don't tell you the controls, so you have to either look them up or figure it out, but the story and gameplay are great)

A Plague tale: Innocence

The last of us

Control

Horizon Zero Dawn

God of War

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 870
    Options

Then I think the Resident Evil games will be your best bet!

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

I'd strongly recommend "Alan Wake 2". As a story, it's one of the greatest insofar as it treats the player as willing to understand more complex storytelling, rather than spoonfeeds it.