If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I'm super jealous as Artist main

Options
fussy
fussy Member Posts: 1,126

I have been on this forum for more than two years and have never seen a post like "Artist is op", "Nerf Artist". All i see is Blight this, Blight that, Blight, Wesker, Blight, Blight...

While I understand that she is a very rare character in games, and Blight is one of the most popular, that's why this happens, I don't understand why people don't complain about her at all? Are there so few good Artist mains?

I know it's a hot take, but in my tierlist Artist is third strongest killer and probably will be second after Blight will get his addons nerf. No, it doesn't mean she needs any nerfs, she is literally perfect imo, but...

CAN SOMEONE COMPLAIN ABOUT ARTIST HERE PLEASE?

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

generally speaking I think most people only consider artist opee or whatever when they use the boring place crow at the other side of the loop strats and force people to leave loops

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,212
    edited December 2023
    Options

I think we see a lot less complaints about her because of the two reasons below that the top two killers have

1. She does not phase through walls
    2. She does not have hug tech/broken addons
  • fussy
    edited December 2023
    Options

Most complaints on this forum mean that the killer is capable of at least something in the chase. And i don't believe she will get any nerfs, because there is no complaints about her at all and many people think she is C tier or something. Forum crying about Blight 3 years and he is only about to get some adjustments.

This post is 70% of interest in why no one talks about her at all and 30% of joke, so don't take it so seriously.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
  • fussy
    Options

About 10-20% of hits with crows i give even without being in chase, walls, windows and pallets barely mean anything to me.

Blight's hug tech is one of the most predictable things in the game, he doesn't ignore windows or pallets.

Still don't understand.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

She is not op, but she is one of the dumbest, most boring killer to face. The reason not many complain about her is that she is not common at all. On top of that, most Artist players are just bad and only play her occasionally. If everybody would play Artist and would play on high level, she would be the most hated killer right after Dull merchant.

You welcome.

• fussy
    Options

I personally have the same reason in my head, cause i saw good Artist player only once in my survivor games.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

There are not many Artist threads. But I think she is an OK killer.

In case you encounter few of a particular killer type that usually means you find one who is pretty strong with them.

Using Artist is great but here crows can easily be countered with the use of lockers. And while crows are great for hurting survivors during loops a lot of time is wasted in chases even with them.

I haven't had a single Artist match in months.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well I'm always ready to list her on my top hated killers to verse since she's as unengaging as knight. At least I can recognize that unlike knight, artist leaves room for some actual skilled plays: predicting survivor pathings for crossmap snipes, knowing how to use terrain levels with crows, stuff like that + she's a lot more macro than most people think. Good artists for example constantly harass survivors on gens while chasing someone else, something that I see done very rarely when versing them

Sucks that most artist players just play her in the most cheesy boring way. Shut loops with crow, camp hook with DMS

Post edited by egg_ on
  • GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Well, sure. I can tell you why.

1. She's rare. Really rare. Notice that Nurse complaints were on the DL until her recoding that made her feel good to play again? People only care about what they actually verse. Before her, it was Spirit. Blight's the current target. Not saying they were unjustified, but it's a pattern.

2. She's pretty subdued. Her add-ons look tame at a glance, her power--- while uninteractive for survivors--- doesn't scream OP immediately, and there's very few Artist mains showcasing her full potential.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,639
    Options

You mean use her power? That is like complaining about hillbilly curving at loops. Or Clown throwing bottles at loops. Or Trapper placing traps at loops.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I'm not bothered by her. I usually die against her but she's not oppressive, I can usually have a decent game against her.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

I did complain back in a days, about her lore. Her lore is complete laughable trash.

But she looks absolutely gorgeous and she's very strong. Still love crow-mommy.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,166
    Options

If survivors aren't complaining about you... do you even matter? 😏

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

The majority of people consider that to be why artist is awful to play against

a sniping artist who is super good is more entertaining and scary

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

Be away from the fights is happiness

Cries in Freddy main...

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

...we'd rather not have negative attention on our favored lady, less a repeat of Billy happens to her....

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    edited December 2023
    Options

Let me just say this as a fellow Artist main and a retired Spirit main. I used to be the biggest Spirit simp on this forum for a long time (some people probably still see me as that) and I was around when Spirit was by far the most hated killer. It is not something enjoyable knowing that your favorite killer could one day get nerfed because of all the complaints. Thankfully her eventual nerf didn’t hurt her that much but still.

Artist is my favorite killer to play at the moment and I would rather her not get hated. She’s a lot of fun to play as and against right now to me and none of us Artist enjoyers want that to change.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

I always snipe as Artist and do the anti loop part a ton less than most. I hope you can one day face my Artist 😄

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

Nerf Artist!!!! Artist op! So unfair!

Here you go, mate.

• fussy
    Options

I totally agree. I didn't intend to ask for any changes, as I have already written here many times. Just curious why people are silent about her, when she is stronger than many killers mentioned here way more often.

Finally!!! Now i can have a restful sleep at nights. Thanks, mate!

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

She is strong killer but nothing op about her.

But she is boring , so even she is top tier killer i am not going to play her.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,600
    Options

Most artist players simply aren't good. They only use the crows for anti loop instead of cross map snipes, which may not be very engaging to play against but it's not op. She doesn't have broken add ons, she doesn't ignore core gameplay mechanics and she has no crazy bugs she can exploit. She is not weak at all, but also nothing special. Plus, her pick rate is rather low, so people aren't facing her that often.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 408
    Options

Although i really like artist, i fear Behavior might her the Billy treatment someday, as she is always regarded as one of the strongest killers in the game. Maybe this never happens because of the lower pickrate and she is kinda of an ok killer

Lets see what the future holds for her.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,022
    edited December 2023
    Options

because she requires a lot of mastery of the power to perform very well. I don't think her skill floor is exceptionally high at all, but her skill ceiling definitely is, and a lot of her real, "top 5 worthy" power is at that ceiling. a lot of people don't care much to practice it, and she's already not super common as-is, so artist just doesn't get many complaints.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I mean a good Artist is incredibly-strong and would garner massive amounts of hate. Thankfully almost nobody actually plays her.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 250
    Options

Don't worry, they'll come for you when other things are getting nerfed because of complaints.