We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Bonus bp almost always survivor for the past few weeks

Eleghost
Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

Is there a reason for this? My BP bonus has been +100% for survivor since the event started maybe even before and has only ever shifted to killer for maybe 10 minutes then just back to either 50 or 100 for survivor. I've never seen it just stay survivor like these even the times it used to swap to killer it's still survivor.

Comments

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,149

Mine used to do this, was survivor in the afternoon/early evening and killer and night and morning.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

Mine is mostly survivor through the day and killer in the evening here, at least until like 2am last I checked.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 205

Mine is mostly survivor and honestly I can see why, no one wants to play survivor. It's terrible. The anti camp just made tunneling worse and of course they found a worse work around for camping so it's better to either re work it or just delete it. The game is at it's worse for survivors right now, and face it you need survivors more than killers. However I do load into a killer match and find survivors being just as bad. Hopefully next year this will be a wake up call and they will realize the mistakes they made and see maybe they shouldn't listen to OTZ as much.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,294

Haven't been playing dbd a lot recently (tbh, me really wanting that Jeff head from the event is the only reason I've played a fair bit the past two weeks) but I've been surprised by the BP bonus as well. - I used to play whichever role had more incentive when by myself, and if friends were around I played with them in swf. Sometime during the early evening hours it always switched from 100% on surv to 100% on killer and it stayed there until long past midnight. But during the event I have seen killer bonus once toward the late-ish evening and all other times it was on surv, non stop. Which also resulted in me doing nearly none of the killer challenges for the first two event tome chapters; since qtimes are so long and "surely incentives will be on killer eventually". But nope.

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 423
    edited December 2023

The funny thing about everyone complaining about how bad playing survivor is that playing survivor has been so much better recently. I've had way way more teammates who understand the basic fundamentals of the game. It is mostly on the players for the miserable experience. Behaviour has done quite a bit to improve the solo queue experience.

The only thing they really need to do is let us see everyone's loadout.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 1

I also don't see why so many Survivors are complaining about the state of the game. Nerfs for survivors were very necessary in the past years and an efficient group of survivors can still give killers a hard time. I exclusively play Soloq when playing Survivor and can confirm that the teammates get more and more efficient from game to game. Of course, there are bad teammates every now and then, but I mainly try to focus on my own mistakes and try to improve from game to game. Bringing perks like kindred and open handed turned out to be very helpful. I even felt like getting to Iri 1 only playing Soloq was easier than getting to Iri 1 with Killer. For the BP bonus: It seems equally shared between killer and survivor, maybe 60/40 in favor of Killer (Killer is the more challenging role, who enjoys sitting on gens for hours and hours anyways).

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

honestly think it’s the effect of having a one sided chapter towards killer

People are still playing chucky a lot

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 650

I heard BP bonus incentives depend on players' MMR.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

Region and MMR play a part. I was in mid MMR on my Switch when I moved over to PS5 where I was low MMR upon starting. My Switch would have 100% Survivor incentive at the same time my PS5 would have 100% Killer incentive for awhile there.

• Hunkulese

I play solo queue survivor all the time and enjoy it. There's a ton of fun to be had as a survivor. You won't win every game and you'll have bad teammates fairly often, but none of that really gets in the way of having fun unless the only way you can enjoy yourself is by winning.

I'm also not sure what streamers you're watching, but most of the well-known ones have no trouble escaping if they really want to.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,203
    edited January 1

You realize that the Queue Incentive is individualized since it heavily depends on the MMR for either role and the demands for players at that MMR.

I.E. I have Queue Incentive on Doctor but not Demogorgan, I have Queue Incentive on Survivor and Killer at the same time, just the +100% will only display for one.

The main menu Queue Incentives it displays is incredibly misleading compared to how it actually works, Im tired of people pretending like it means something.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,410

Considering we have the event stuff, it makes sense for the game to need more survivors. Currently you have alot of people trying to get the challenges finished. This means alot of ppl who usually play mostly killer are playing survivor to get the half of the challenges that require survivor gameplay, and vice versa. That's alot more ppl than usual queueing for killer.

If it was NORMAL challenges... people tend to pick and choose. The event challenges though require you to do them ALL if you want all the cosmetics.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

It’s crazy. I have the same experience too. I am escaping so much more often than usual. It’s weird how easy my Survivor games have been.

• HerInfernalMajesty

I think so too. Different MMR values should have different demands right?

• HerInfernalMajesty

The Killers I have been facing have been crazy easy lately. My Survivor matches have gotten drastically easier.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,522

Not really. All the info in the UI does nothing to semi-new players. They still need to learn the game.

Also, the tunneling meta is why Solo'Q sucks. Theres not enough coordination or experience usually to thwart the tunnel or give them only that kill. BHVR has NOT done quite a bit to improve solo'Q. At all.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It just depends what time of day you play. Early morning-afternoon generally has a Survivor bonus, whereas Evening generally has a Killer bonus. Makes sense - when work/school is out, people want to play with their friends, which you can only do on Survivor.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

same for me too. it used to be 100% on killer all the way until dawn starting in the evening but it starts switching at like 2 am nowadays, kinda annoying.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,881

day = only true masochists want to actually play soloq -> game needs more survivors -> 100% bonus for survivor

evening/night = friends start playing together -> game needs more killers -> 100% bonus for killer

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,925

Mine goes back and forth depending on time of day, and this has been more true for me recently. For a long while before it was mostly killer.

FTR, I play evening to early morning, afternoons on weekends. Western US.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 303

It's not about winning but how winning not anything related to performance of the survivor. It not an accomplishment to lose most of your matches but win the one match because killer allowed it. Of all the times I rarely won as survivor I never felt it was anything I did. It was RNG. Even if you do 3 or 4 gens without getting caught you still lose because the killer slugged or denied an escape using endgame perks. The games are not fun either with endless tunneling, slugging, and people suiciding.

The streamers don't play solo, they only play with other high experienced players and they only win against killers with far less experience or let them win out of pity because of who they are.

• Hunkulese

It sounds like you just need to get better at chase. Running the killer around the map is the most fun you can have as a survivor and you definitely feel like you contributed to a win if you looped them while multiple gens got done. If you ran the killer for 13 minutes and your teammates just crouched in a corner, you still had fun for 13 minutes.

If you really want to win games as a solo survivor, get really good at chase but then try and avoid getting chased and prioritize getting the right gens quickly. If you slam gens and then can't get caught when they find you, you'll win a lot more than you'll lose, and you'll definitely feel like you had an impact on the game. Just keep at it and stop worrying about the outcome of every individual game. You'll improve if you focus on what you did wrong instead of always blaming the killer and your team.

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 303

You missed the point. I'm blaming the balance and not the killer or survivors.

You are being very disingenuous. Its not possible for a killer to chase someone for 13 minutes unless they don't use their power or don't press m1. It's also an unlucky number.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,496

Sometimes its on survivor for me but it felt fake recently with 100% survivor bonus I get 5 minute queues and as killer during those times I would get ~1 minute queues at the longest. Frankly and this is just speculation I think they were testing out their new bots recently which is why its been favoring survivor to try and get only dedicated killer players to get stats against. This was a few days ago but I had constant matches with what felt like 1~2 real players and 2-3 bots (unless it was an obvious swf) just based on how they played. Not many real players run the outside of the map in the open against a huntress.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

For me it always alternates between the two. Probably because I try to use both sides regularly. Killer bonus usually kicks in the evening.

• Interocitor
    Interocitor Member Posts: 148

Same, I've been getting the rare for me 25% bonus on different sides more often these past couple of weeks

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 767

Since the event it's been either survivor 100% bonus, or survivor 25% bonus. Very very rarely killer 100% bonus.

The worst thing is that, if it's survivor 100% bonus, I know i will get camped and tunneled that game, 100% sure of it.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,279

yes survivor have 100% BP but I still have matches as killer pretty fast.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Its about 85-90% bonus to survivors for me. Queue is instant on survivor, not wait much on killer though.

I just open the game and have this.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

I haven't noticed any changes. Western US player, survivor 100% most of the day, killer bonus in the evening/night.