Totems next to Generators !?

Options

Generators need to spawn with a radius around them that totems can't spawn in, and totems should spawn after.

Hex: Ruin is consistently used at high rank to slow down gens (which is needed against good survivors) but totem play needs an improvement such as better spawning.

A totem counter for survivors letting them know how many are left would also be a good change, making the contentious perk Hex: NOED something that people wouldn't complain about anymore.

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    I'm waiting with low expectations on the totem placement fix.

As if they've learned nothing, our newest map showcases something they said they would fix, iiirc.
     The "lighthouse" placement. A totem on top of the hill.

Gotta keep the survivors happy, i guess.
  • SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

As if they've learned nothing, our newest map showcases something they said they would fix, iiirc.

Well, if they fix the spawns and add a totem counter it would be a buff to both killer and survivor so in theory the community shouldn't complain but...

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

Well, if they fix the spawns and add a totem counter it would be a buff to both killer and survivor so in theory the community shouldn't complain but...

Survivors already have perks for that, which are Small Game and Detective's Hunch. Tho nobody uses them cuz of obvious reasons.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

I was watching a video on YouTube in which 3 totems spawned in one room :+1:

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options
    tt_ivi_99 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Survivors already have perks for that, which are Small Game and Detective's Hunch. Tho nobody uses them cuz of obvious reasons.
    I use small game tho, and i know a few others whom do. It isnt bad but... Most people juat use only the meta i guess? Haha
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Totems NEED to spawn next to generators.

The more tiles you restrict totems spawning on, the more obvious the places that they're spawning on becomes.

The new walls that came in a few patches ago that look like this <_> but with straight edges have totems spawning in them near gens and the amount of times I've found someone trying to do a gen and haven't checked the spot is getting bigger every day.

TLDR; The more tiles you restrict, the more obvious the spawns become.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

The more tiles you restrict totems spawning on, the more obvious the places that they're spawning on becomes.

The new walls that came in a few patches ago that look like this <_> but with straight edges have totems spawning in them near gens and the amount of times I've found someone trying to do a gen and haven't checked the spot is getting bigger every day.

It's not about restricting tiles. It's about the radius around a gen. There is no more obvious and easier spot to for totems of they are 2 meters next to a gen. Cuz a survivor doesn't even have to search, he just goes to his main objective (which he can see miles away) and just says "oh look, a totem. Let's break"
  • SpongeBob420Pants
    SpongeBob420Pants Member Posts: 118
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:

Your logic is flawed, you say totems need to spawn next to generators so that their location doesn't become obvious, nothing could be more obvious than next to a gen. Even if people go on gens with a totem close by and don't notice it, they're very likely to find it because it's so close, they can easily just stumble across the totem while looking for generators.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,772
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The best is on the Game map when the ruin spawns in the bathroom next to the most commonly worked on gen in that map.

Just terrific when that happens.
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    Options

High risk, high reward. Which is why I don't use totem perks, I don't like the risk factor of totems.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

I think this might be your first bias comment but I might be wrong tho so forgive me if I am.

If totems don't spawn near generators, totem spawning locations won't be more obvious. There's enough spawning space on every map to utilize meaning totems should still be well hidden overall. Besides, I rather have a hidden totem than a generator totem where every survivor immediately knows where it's at.
  • Seanzu
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

I think this might be your first bias comment but I might be wrong tho so forgive me if I am.

If totems don't spawn near generators, totem spawning locations won't be more obvious. There's enough spawning space on every map to utilize meaning totems should still be well hidden overall. Besides, I rather have a hidden totem than a generator totem where every survivor immediately knows where it's at.
    Again you guys have absolutely NO idea what bias is. I’m perfectly fine with them not spawning near generators, but they will be found quicker once you start removing places that they can spawn in.

if you have 50 places a totem can spawn in, and people check those places every game that’s some decent time wasted. If you then decide that in the same map there’s only 25 places the totem can spawn that’s a lot less area to check.

its not bias, bias is being completely one sided, making one statement you don’t like isn’t biased. You guys need to stop throwing it around like you have any idea.
  • NMCKE
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:
    Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Again you guys have absolutely NO idea what bias is. I’m perfectly fine with them not spawning near generators, but they will be found quicker once you start removing places that they can spawn in.

if you have 50 places a totem can spawn in, and people check those places every game that’s some decent time wasted. If you then decide that in the same map there’s only 25 places the totem can spawn that’s a lot less area to check.

its not bias, bias is being completely one sided, making one statement you don’t like isn’t biased. You guys need to stop throwing it around like you have any idea.
    @SenzuDuck
    Calm down and stop getting all defensive, you act like being slightly bias is bad thing when it's not a bad thing. I actually careless about you being bias, I was trying to say that your reasoning is slightly bias towards survivors.

"You guys need to stop throwing it around like you have any idea."

I do know what the definition of bias is dude and you don't have to tell me any different so chill out.

bi·as
    /ˈbīəs/
    noun
    1. prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

Now, allow me to explain how you're slightly bias towards survivors. When you said generator totems need to stay, you mentioned that it will take longer in this example you provided here.

"If you have 50 places a totem can spawn in, and people check those places every game that’s some decent time wasted. If you then decide that in the same map there’s only 25 places the totem can spawn that’s a lot less area to check."

However, here's the thing with having generator totems, SURVIVORS DON'T HAVE TO WASTE TIME SEARCHING IF THE TOTEM LOCATION IS IN PLAIN SIGHT OF A GENERATOR. This means no time is wasted when searching for totems. I'd rather have the survivor get 25 places to search than winning the lottery on not getting a generator totem on 50 places. That is why your statement is slightly (not completely) bias.
  • Seanzu
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Nickenzie said:

SenzuDuck said:

@SenzuDuck
    Calm down and stop getting all defensive, you act like being slightly bias is bad thing when it's not a bad thing. I actually careless about you being bias, I was trying to say that your reasoning is slightly bias towards survivors.

I do know what the definition of bias is dude and you don't have to tell me any different so chill out.

(Spoiler)

Now, allow me to explain how you're slightly bias towards survivors. When you said generator totems need to stay, you mentioned that it will take longer in this example you provided here.

"If you have 50 places a totem can spawn in, and people check those places every game that’s some decent time wasted. If you then decide that in the same map there’s only 25 places the totem can spawn that’s a lot less area to check."

However, here's the thing with having generator totems, SURVIVORS DON'T HAVE TO WASTE TIME SEARCHING IF THE TOTEM LOCATION IS IN PLAIN SIGHT OF A GENERATOR. This means no time is wasted when searching for totems. I'd rather have the survivor get 25 places to search than winning the lottery on not getting a generator totem on 50 places. That is why your statement is slightly (not completely) bias.

Near is a very vague word, I'm thinking of a 5 metre radius around the gen, not ones that are literally ontop of it, because not all totems that are near gens are in plain sight, this is my point.

infact, the post even mentions a radius around the gens, that then becomes a pretty large area on the map that totems CANT spawn in.

• NMCKE
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Nickenzie said:
    SenzuDuck said:

Nickenzie said:

SenzuDuck said:

@SenzuDuck

(Spoiler)

Near is a very vague word, I'm thinking of a 5 metre radius around the gen, not ones that are literally ontop of it, because not all totems that are near gens are in plain sight, this is my point.

infact, the post even mentions a radius around the gens, that then becomes a pretty large area on the map that totems CANT spawn in.

@SenzuDuck
    I agree that there should be a restriction of some sort but we need to find the sweet spot! However, I don't think totems will suffer from this because this change will at least force survivors to search for them.