Self-MMR. What would you rate yourself?

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,622
edited January 6 in Polls

A general consensus. Pick based on whatever role you play the most.

Self-MMR. What would you rate yourself? 72 votes

Low MMR
5%
Karthkit_masonBafugabooPilotBob654 4 votes
Low-Mid MMR
8%
HerInfernalMajesty[Deleted User]CorvusCorax86D0NN1ED4RK0DepressedlegionVoltage 6 votes
Middle MMR (Average)
26%
humanbeing1704GeneralVcrystalkittiglitchboiMarc_123SmoeEmpireCity830HalloulleHexonthebeachRaconteurminatorkatspawLord_KaineBlightedTrapperAstelXenRedspikeporphyraAlix_RedfieldSoGoSamatrain 19 votes
Mid-High MMR
40%
YunamoiAtsuka_AnarchyMrPenguinNAERUUUNebulaMarc_go_soloPSPfussyRulebreakerEvan_ChikyduyguThe_YoshOrangeBearxltechnoMrRetsejRareFantom47OrthaneTheSingularityjonifire 29 votes
High MMR
12%
OnryosTapeRentalsJustAShadowtenoresaxReverseVelocityHeaderGuiltiiKatsuhxPNerfpopalreadyNerroso 9 votes
Comp Level MMR
6%
BlueberryFlopiyutiopAlex_09SHARKBOSSqnyun 5 votes

Comments

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,074
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

If we talk about killers, I have enormous amount of matches with 7-9 hooks and 3 escapes, because of almost no tunneling. So i don't think i'm at high MMR, but i definately above softcap.

If we talk about survivors, i just have no idea, even close. I play solo, duo, full SWF, match with 100 hours survivors against 6000 hours killer, next time with 3000-5000 hours survivors against 300 hours killer. It's just too random to at least roughly understand where I am. In that point, it doesn't matter.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options
    Middle MMR (Average)

Well, I can't really come here and pretend to be the best player ever. I make mistakes, sometimes my strategies fail.

Can't win them all.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Middle MMR (Average)

tough one, simply because I think my frame of reference is skewed. Like, I play with three kinds of people: the ones who usually go find the 3k+hours channels on the [language] dbd discord server and have some competition about crouch teaching blights and that kinda jazz . Then there are the 4k+ hours jimmies who say they play average at best....but still usually do much better than I. ....And then there are the friends I started playing with but who haven't really gotten into dbd. They occasionally play and I occasionally play with them and oh boy the difference. But even they go oh boy the difference when they play with other people who are even worse than them. ....So I suppose that puts me somewhat smack in the middle skill-wise which should also somewhat correspond to MMR. - SoloQ for me is wild when I look at the people I get matched with but I'd say I'm overall at an MMR-maintaining point. Which I suppose also indicates average, peak bell curve mmr.

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

Votes so far are reflecting that bell curve nicely.

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

Bumping as I'd like to see a few more results. Sorry.

• XenRedspike
    XenRedspike Member Posts: 37
    edited January 13
    Options
    Middle MMR (Average)

Post edited by XenRedspike on
  • Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

Mid-high as killer

Absolute noob as survivor lol

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

I'm gonna say this, based on my Killer roles. I reckon I'm in the upper part of this area, but not continuously high.

However, as Survivor I'm mid-tier and rather inconsistent. I can have some great Trials where I make some great plays and other whereby I am terrible. I'm far more consistent as Killer.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Comp Level MMR

ok hear me out on this

my brothers say im great (at killer) and i get 4ks even when doing joke builds and just messing around

and that's without tunneling or camping ever

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 218
    Options
    High MMR

I guess "high mmr" means softcap? Then yes I'm probably "high mmr" as killer i play against many people around 2-4k hours, a few weeks ago i even played against kekso and got absolutely destroyed xD

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,330
    edited January 18
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

That's how I took it for mid-high. When I think exclusively "high MMR" I think well above softcap, but not comp.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,330
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

Considering we're on a forum for the game, I expect more people to be above average than otherwise.

For the most part the average player doesn't come here lol.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 396
    Options

Most players are for sure in low mid and thats the average player mmr. There are not as much people in higher mmr as they think theyre, cause most people completely overestimate their skill level and in addition the power level of their opponents.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 93
    edited January 21
    Options
    Low MMR

I belong beneath the MMR treshold. Its way better! Less sweaty and toxic, game dont end in 2 minutes.

Best I can do is gens, rest i'm trash with everything else

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

I was used to be High MMR, but i took a break from a while and now i'm back so ... yeah

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Low MMR

I would rate myself low since I am a beginner. The unfortunate is this game seems to think I am high rated despite my extremely noob play style lol.

• PilotBob654
    PilotBob654 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Low MMR

I'm not very experienced with, as you could say, the gaming world. I don't play videogames very frequently, but when I do, Dead by Daylight I very much enjoy. So I'm certainly at the lower end of the spectrum. I'm not very good at the videogame, when I do play both survivor and killer, although I don't mind. I'm only playing for the fun ride, and not sinking into it like some folks on here do. Sometimes however, I do face against others that are evidently better than me, so I do question this MMR thing.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 873
    Options
    Low-Mid MMR

Low-mid because I understand on a macro level what to do. If another Survivor is being chased I know to repair generators.

The only reason I don’t rate myself the lowest is because I think that is reserved for people who don’t know how the game really works like beginner players.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,282
    Options

Sometimes it feels like even average players are above the soft cap, or the average mmr is basically above the soft cap... So I find these categories a little bit unclear.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 705
    edited March 11
    Options
    Low-Mid MMR

I am CHILLING and farming some shot clips

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,917
    edited March 11
    Options
    Comp Level MMR

For survivor only high. I’m better at killer than survivor and I also almost strictly play solo queue which in itself automatically locks me at an mmr ceiling. Playing swf is generally what you need to push into the upper brackets. Which this is why most top games are swf and very rarely full solos. With solo queue I’m usually in the 70’s% win rate at least, if not in the 80’s.

For killer I say comp seeing as I’ve played against most the popular streamer/comp people in my games multiple times and I regularly go against groups with 3k and up hours each. Most matches are also 2+ swf with a very large chunk being 3+. I could see an argument for only high, but I can’t think of any more evidence needed to say comp. As good as is available to us anyway. After 10k+ hours I think I have a pretty good measure of people’s skill as well. I would say on the lower side of this bracket though as I don’t hard sweat for my wins, meaning I rarely tunnel/camp ect. I try to play as fair as possible which is also unviable against the best of the best so that also automatically locks me on the lower side. My win rates across multiple killers is usually in the 90’s% range. I would only say comp range for specific killers though.

• TheSingularity
    Options
  • Blueberry
    edited March 11
    Options
    Comp Level MMR

Well I loved playing Pig pre PTB but to me removing the aura of boxes has destroyed her macro game and that’s what made her fun to me. She’s now just another anti loop like the other dozen with some passive slow down. If that’s all she has I can play other killers that do that better. They took away what made her unique to me.

• TheSingularity
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

So Pig will no longer be able to see Jigsaw boxes, similar as in PH can't see his cages?

• Blueberry
    edited March 11
    Options
    Comp Level MMR

Yup, unfortunately. I found her fun from juggling gens, boxes and survivors. I was on over 100 win streak too. I also tend to just change my profile killer based on whatever I’m playing the most at the moment.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Middle MMR (Average)

I feel like I'm at middle MMR for survivor, though my skill level doesn't reflect it. I'm pretty awful at chases for someone who's played 1,000 hours.

• katspaw
    katspaw Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Middle MMR (Average)

I think most people overestimate how good they are lol

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

Since I started playing Killer, my time as a Survivor has been cut in half, so my survival rate isn't that good. And since I've been away from this game for a while, I'm sure my skill level has declined a bit now.

What's so interesting is that none of the people who are regulars in all the threads, talking about how survivors are getting beaten up by killers, and always obsessing over the kill rate topic, are here.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 365
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

I would say I'm pretty good at Killer. I win most of my games on most killers while going for 12 hooks every game. Of course, on some maps going for 12 hooks more or less means 2 get out at least (looking at you Game, Haddonfield, Swamp, Badham) and yes I do main Skull Merchant so sometimes I'm handed a free win since people don't want to play against her, but even when I play Oni, Wesker, Pyramid Head, or Slinger who are all my next most played killers I have a pretty high win rate.

Now Survivor though is a different story. I'm not bad, but I sure as hell am not good. After spending weeks playing exclusively Survivor I have a lot more respect for those who can run me for a long time. Sometimes I can pull off a super good chase for 2-4 minutes, but most of the time I try to just be a team player and run things like We'll Make it and Deja Vu to prevent 3 gens since I know I'm not very good in chase. I'm really bad at properly planning my route as Survivor. Luckily though I rarely fall for mind games since I'm a Killer main myself I already know most of them and know to expect them buuttt that's about all I am good at when it comes to Survivor.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,426
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

We're under the impression our MMR would look like a roller coaster spiking up and down like a heartbeat monitor just due to how we play normally. Killer is probably more upwards while survivors probably more downwards though as we gotta rely on a team as survivor.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Mid-High MMR

depends on killer