The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Returning back to No Kick / No Gen Regression meta.

13»

Comments

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 186

I doubt they will, but I hope they bring back old Call Of Brine. It's such a useless perk right now.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Funniest thing is. Its memey. But i feel i could run into this limit with addons that involving kicking faster. Legions for instance. Or mainly wraith with his 2 kick addons or 1 and serpent soot. Since with those addons you can kick very fast and then stick to the survivor. In serpent soots case for wraith you do it because itd uncloak you faster and you get a kick out of it. Another example could be ghostfaces addon that explodes a gen when ya mark. Those are the only few addon examples i can think of.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,277

So now perks like Surge or any other gen regression perk that can eat up these regression events

Surge only activates on a down, though, so if you're eating through these regressions with Surge, you're probably not going to see these gens progress at all because the survivors will all be dead.

Maybe a gen or two will lock up, but by that point, everyone's on death hook, or you already have one or two kills so what does it matter that you can't regress those gens anymore?

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,191

Please, let's think about this. If we are in a scenario where Eruption and Surge have proc'd 6 times on a gen (because we've also kicked it twice), that means we have 3 downs within the span of a single gen being completed. You have won that game. You are not losing a game when you are downing players that fast. I'm assuming at some point you've walked over to the gen that keeps exploding to chase the survivor off of it too.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 625

You seem to forget that it's not about kicks alone. There are perks that will contribute to event burning. Stack few of them and suddenly getting a gen that can't be regressed becomes a quite real possibility.

All this talk would not happen if they limited it to a real 3 gen situation, but they didn't. This change is also a buff to survivors because there will be no such thing as a bad generator repair. Survivors will now get rewarded for repairing less risky gens that killer is less likely to defend and once it's 3 ''dangerous'' gens left to repair they will simply force killer burn whatever remaining events left and eventually get the gens done.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 625

There's such thing called pressure.

You may think that getting so many procs of surge or eruption means killer is dominating entire team when in reality it could be the same or two survivors getting chain healed and downed. Think about cases where you had to down survivor and chase another because you see him doing a gen nearby. Cases where you need to spread the pressure one way or another. There are many other possibilities to consider.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,704

You seem to forget that it's not about kicks alone. There are perks that will contribute to event burning. Stack few of them and suddenly getting a gen that can't be regressed becomes a quite real possibility.

I'm not forgetting about it, I'm just trying to discuss the situations you present. Throw in any of the other perks that trigger gens to pop and you as the killer have been forwarding your objective by quite a bit.

All this talk would not happen if they limited it to a real 3 gen situation, but they didn't. 

Why not?

People are here giving you math talking about how much time it would take or how many downs would need to be achieved to actually run a gen out of charges. You're just saying it will happen without really laying out the how and why.

This change is also a buff to survivors because there will be no such thing as a bad generator repair.

The overall change is a substantial killer buff. Every killer just got double the kick regression and gen tapping disappeared.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,277

If you keep doing that without getting any hookstate progression, you're not pressuring anything, you're going on goose chases.