Iron maiden - your opinion?

Options
So I recently unlocked it for huntress on level 3 and I used it all day. Isn't the description saying that the aura is revealed for 5 seconds? I expected to be aura like BBQ or bitter murmer but it's like rancor. Bug or intended? 
Also, is it just me or should be the perk icon get the 15 second exposed countdown like MYC? Had some situations where I wasn't sure if the survivor is still exposed which can be lead to different decisions.

Btw, after using Iron Maiden for quite a long time it feels so insanely slow to reload without it. 

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    So I recently unlocked it for huntress on level 3 and I used it all day. Isn't the description saying that the aura is revealed for 5 seconds? I expected to be aura like BBQ or bitter murmer but it's like rancor. Bug or intended? 
    Also, is it just me or should be the perk icon get the 15 second exposed countdown like MYC? Had some situations where I wasn't sure if the survivor is still exposed which can be lead to different decisions.

Btw, after using Iron Maiden for quite a long time it feels so insanely slow to reload without it. 
    Auras are a precise marker while location reading is a hint. If it shows you the survivor's location when it says it'll show you their auras then it's a bug (or writing mistake).
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Nickenzie said:

Auras are a precise marker while location reading is a hint. If it shows you the survivor's location when it says it'll show you their auras then it's a bug (or writing mistake).
    U r right, it says location. Darn, this perk would be so good if it has aura reading. Seems like it will stay a huntress only perk 
  • Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 599
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Nickenzie said:

U r right, it says location. Darn, this perk would be so good if it has aura reading. Seems like it will stay a huntress only perk 
    It needs a rework in my opinion because a perk shouldn't seek use by a few killers.

Iron Maiden:
    Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. Whenever a survivor enters a locker, that locker will be highlighted for 6/8/10 seconds. You have a unique sense when a survivor is playing games; lockers no longer hide the survivor's auras.
    ^ This.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Nickenzie said:

It needs a rework in my opinion because a perk shouldn't seek use by a few killers.

Iron Maiden:
    Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. Whenever a survivor enters a locker, that locker will be highlighted for 6/8/10 seconds. You have a unique sense when a survivor is playing games; lockers no longer hide the survivor's auras.
    Sounds much better to be used on all killers, but I would miss the fast opening/reloading. Maybe they adjust the huntress base reloading speed after that perk rework and I'm satisfied. 

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Nickenzie said:

Iron Maiden:
    Sounds much better to be used on all killers, but I would miss the fast opening/reloading. Maybe they adjust the huntress base reloading speed after that perk rework and I'm satisfied. 

Yup, I agree with you! :)
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    More fun on leatherface tbh. 
  • NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Nickenzie said:
    Nickenzie said:

Iron Maiden:
    ^ This.
    Love the idea. This would give the perk more use. 
  • TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60
    Options
    Extremely useful for Huntress locker reloads. Other than that, eh.
  • Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48
    Options

Another use for this perk is for chainsaw killers.
    Survivors do have tendency to enter lockers to avoid chainsaws and when they come out just 1 hit smack them.
    Other than that it's not really great.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Perk that is good on:

• Fast Moving Killers
    • Huntress