Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

bhvr have you turned off mmr ?

poujh
poujh Member Posts: 155

i doubt i'm a top mmr survivor (1700h) but lately i've gotten plenty of teammates with an hour count in the range of 200 to 500h. i know mmr isn't an exact science, but i remember having plenty of games before where the range of hours was usually from about 800h to 3000h. or maybe i'm just hallucinating

Answers

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 364

It could be you're getting survivors that just escaped a lot. Since it isn't counting the match's events and just an escape, survivors could be on a hot streak of escapes, leading them to your MMR bracket.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224
    edited January 12

Something seems absolutely broken, and it has been that way since Chucky dropped. It was great for weeks leading up to that, and then boom. My games have never been this frustrating on solo survivor. Game after game where teammates don't have a clue and we lose to some exceedingly average killer. And it's frustrating because it doesn't have to be this way. I was getting instant queues with great teammates for weeks before Chucky dropped. And then out of nowhere they seemingly reverted whatever change they made without a word. I have 5000 hours in this game and I'm getting teammates who triple up on gens at the start and get pulled off of gens by a killer with a normal TR. Whatever change has been made, it sucks. This is a complete waste of time.

Like...I guess the joke's on me since I've already bought everything and however many skins after 5k hours, but this just feels antagonistic at a certain point. No, it's not my MMR. I'll leave it at that. It has been demonstrated time and time again that I am capable of having good solo queue games with nearly instant queues. The bi-directional matchmaking test from a year or two ago, the brief and fleeting softcap increase before Chucky dropped. But it's just not allowed to remain. It's like I'm not allowed to enjoy solo queue for more than a week before any change is undone. Whew. I need to log off the game for a few days. End rant.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 336

Im pretty sure it averages. I have 3.5k hrs, so does my friend. We always get put with 2 noobs.

Im pretty sure the MMR does it to help them out, then takes the average MMR and finds a killer for that. So if you're experienced you get to suffer as a punishment.

I have had teammates with literally 15 minutes in the game.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

They increased the soft cap, which upset a lot of content creators. My games felt better for a time but lately games have been bad again, so imo they probably decreased it again. I'm inclined to think so because those same content creators haven't been complaining since. I've just accepted it. I've barely been playing lately as is so whatever.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    edited January 13

We never had a working MMR to begin with. And I still dont understand why they dont reset it frequently. Or just get back to old rank system.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,367
    edited January 13

The problem as I see it, is that it's completely binary. Kill or Escape. Did I finish 3 generators solo, and loops the killer for five minutes while the other two got finished, total MVP of the team? Let's say I was. But the if in endgame I go for the rescue and body block so that the other three survivors are able to escape and I am the only kill the killer got? Even if I did, even if I was the best player in the game tenfold, I died, I lose MMR. So, while I have 2,795.4 hours in the game as of this post, my MMR is terrible, as I am very altruistic. I also get tunneled a lot.

• Pink_Ronin
    Pink_Ronin Member Posts: 118

I have probably around 4k hours and same, I mostly get remarkably bad teammates and a sweaty 6k hour killer with annoying meta build that camps and tunnels someone out immediately.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,224
    edited January 13

Yup. Same. It feels like they assume a super experienced survivor can carry in those games, but there's usually absolutely nothing you can do. Nothing you do matters, and your perks don't matter. It's a quad slowdown whatever hard tunneling someone out at 3 gens while the other 2 players may or may not be productive. It feels like it's pointless to even queue up. Even if the killer does chase me early and I have a good run, they just ignore me the rest of the game and farm everyone else until I'm the last one standing.