Legion is literally the worst killer in the game in his current state.

Options
Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,234

He cant get downs with his rubber knife, his power is easily counterable, even The Nightmare is a better killer than him.

Everytime I play him all gens go in 5 minutes or so unless survivors really play bad and dont try to counter his power, you cant stack only regression perks like on other killers because his chase is literally so bad you need chase perks to help him get a down or else a good survivor would literally loop you on the whole map before being able to get a single down.

Which brings me to the next problem, it doesn't feel normal to stack up gen regression perks on every killer just to have a chance because gens go so fast.

And that doesn't count subtle cheaters that speed up gens with 15-20% and there's no way to notice besides gens go fast even when you have pressure.

I've been back to the game for about 2 weeks and I cant use any build that doesn't consist in heavily stacking gen regression perks or have any kind of fun because survivors dont have any objective besides doing gens and get out(I dont play meta killers like Nurse,Blight,Spirit).

The current game state is literally no fun allowed, as survivor rush gens, dont do anything else and get out, on killers stack and slot in as much gen regression as possible while being able to consistently get downs, with a few exception on killers with really opressive chase power like Skull Merchant that thrives while not using that much slowdown because of her getting downs fast.

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,096
    Options

Just out of curiosity, where would you rank Legion?

I think Legion is in a somewhat ok-ish spot but comparing him to other killers he doesn't get very high. Not a candidate for D-tier (that's Myers, Trapper and Freddy in that order). I just don't know if I'd put him above Clown (both have their strengths and weaknesses).

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

“He cant get downs with his rubber knife”

lol His rubber knife… Sorry but that one had me sent😂

Only play Legion every once in a while, but I think he’s fine

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options

One day, my friend, I'll convince you that this version of Freddy we have now isn't the weakest killer in the game.

But hopefully when that day comes Freddy will already have his old power back with some QoL improvements and his reworked power will be nothing more than a mere bad dream.

• Xernoton
    Options

That is a challenge I accept. 😉

We may not agree on Freddy's standing on the tier list but we definitely agree, that he deserves better. The Hillbilly rework gives me hope on what is to come for Freddy. They addressed almost all of his many, many, many issues and it is clear that they took our feedback into account (some of this reminds of what I suggested as a possible rework for him).

One day, my friend, Freddy will rise.

• GeneralV
    Options

It's on, then :)

And yes, Hillbilly's and Onryo's recent changes gave me a lot of hope for Freddy. The developers deciding to revert her rework while improving her old kit was a massive jump in the right direction, and doing the same thing to Freddy would be absolutely perfect.

He will rise again eventually, and it will be a glorious day. It is something I've been waiting for since July of 2019.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,319
    Options

Legion's a solid lower mid tier killer at their weakest.

Legion has a really effective chase power and produces a huge amount of slowdown and information when played effectively. While they'll rarely down anyone with their power alone that isn't really their goal. The goal is to constantly force survivors to mend or risk playing injured long term making it easier to down them overall. Much like Pig their power is designed to waste survivors' time rather than serve as a proper life or death threat. Regression has seen a lot of nerfs across the board over time and now certain killers don't really benefit all that much form stacking regression perks. Legion is one of those killers and I would suggest stacking healing speed penalties to draw out the length of time they have to commit to healing/mending.

That amount of time waste adds up to about the same amount of time you gain from stacked gen regression perks.

• Xernoton
    Options

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

When you can't get a down with their power, then you play the purest form of M1 killer known to man. This is bad. Really bad. A good survivor can loop you for all eternity. The slowdown you produce by deep wounding everyone is not enough to compensate for that and neither is the information. Even when you give up multiple perk slots for chase perks (probably Bamboozle and PWYF), you still have a chase power that doesn't reach Clown's.

At their best, Legion are maybe somewhere in the middle. At their worst, they are weaker than Clown. Possibly weaker than Trapper. Both have an advantage in chase that should not be ignored.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,979
    Options

Sounds like you are REALLY doing something wrong if you're chasing the same survivor for extended amounts of time as Legion. If someone is running you around the map from pallet to pallet... Stop chasing them. FF to their teammates and youll have injured survivors trying to work with less resources.

He doesn't need 4 gen regression perks... People get in the mindset that more gen regression perks=better. You are hampering other aspects when you do this. If you are consistently struggling to the point you have to vent on the forums about it, maybe that's a sign to change something.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 984
    edited January 22
    Options

Legion suffers from map size syndrome just like any walking Killer. FF may grant increased movement speed but holding W with a headstart on large maps is enough to force them out of their power which turns them into a M1 Killer.

Against a team which takes the time to mend and heal everytime Legion goes on a FF spree, Legion will be an oppressive Killer. Against Survivors with some basic understanding of the Killer, they will know not to heal and just loop while injured or hold W ASAP if they are the 4th Survivor to get hit by FF.

• Adaez
    edited January 22
    Options

This is just wrong, I can easily get 3 or 4k with Myers and not even using his strong tombstone or infinite tier 3 addons, I just use a low terror radius tier 2 with sloppy and I can outpressure survivors, you cant do any of that on Legion, you just have to gigabrain every loop and get lucky to get fast downs that never happens.

Because its not, with the current meta in the game, The Nightmare has acces to some pretty great perk combos combined with his best addons, he's not bottom tier for me, that place is reserve for current Legion which I struggle the most because good survivors just dumpster him since his power is so easily counterable.

Too bad his frenzy doesn't last enough or isn't fast enough while in frenzy to catch up and have enough time to injure more than 1 survivors most of the times because they just split up, you chase a survivor with frenzy, frenzy runs out before you even get the hit, now you're stuck in a no power chase with a healthy survivor and you already lost a lot of pressure, rinse and repeat, he is the worst killer in the game, Trapper at least has the element of surprise with well placed traps.

His information and injuries are meaningless because of this, he has the weakest form of antiloops, which makes him the worst chase killer in the game, and his power doesn't even give him that much mobility and information if you dont get a hit, not to mention its so easily counterable, in a state of the game where survivors hold w and when they cant, they can just drop a pallet on your head and go next loop, his Feral Frenzy is always a few seconds shorts to give him any meaningfull pressure even if you use both his Feral Frenzy addons.

Not doing this, but when I dont, most of the times, Frenzy runs out before I get another hit, so i'd say its just better to get an injury and try to get a down, which wastes a lot of time againts good survivors. This killer heavily relies on survivors mistakes to get free frenzy hits, if you dont, you'd be lucky to get 1k.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,138
    Options

Id put Legion at the top of C tier because his power just has more going for him. Clown absolutely demolishes Legion in the 1v1 but outside of that he doesnt really have anything else

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 311
    Options

Oof, not the rubber knife 💀

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 472
    Options

Judging by the first 6 month plan that they have given us, it seems 2024 may the year of highly requested reworks. Lets hope Freddy has a big enough playerbase to defend him like we Sadoko and Billy mains did for ours. Sadly people are back to slandering her for being a C tier or lower killer again I think. Besides since its coming up to the 5 year mark maybe it will be like Dead hard.

On topic I much prefer this legion to old legion. For me he is fun and good for beginner survivors.

• GeneralV
    Options

We've all done our best to make our voice be heard, and we have to continue doing so until we get our killer back.

And yes, we are coming up to the 5 year mark. 5 years since that horrible patch 3.1.0 dropped. Heh, it feels longer than that.

But hopefully this year will be better.

• Xernoton
    Options

Then you're playing against survivors that allow you to do that. There is no shame in it. If the survivors are good enough, they can easily delay you for multiple gens, while you desperately try to get a down. Shift + W alone is enough to buy so much time against Myers. You don't have anything outside of chase and even in chase you're still not that big of a threat. On top of that, you have an incredibly weak early game (even for a M1 killer) and you also need to spend a lot of time just staring at people.

Overall his time management is pretty terrible and his power just doesn't make up for it. You are still a normal M1 killer for the most part. A slightly better lunge in tier 3 might help around some of the more unsafe structures but on safe tiles it won't help you. Something else that holds him back is the danger of running out of stalk on 1 or more survivors. Imagine you find Meg in a safe spot but stalk her to get your power. Then you find someone else and use your power on them. Repeat that process a few times and suddenly you have trouble entering tier 3 again.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Legion isn't the worst, but they're bottom 5 for sure.

And there's no easy fix, as the problem is inherent to the power itself; so long as something as simple as the surv team splitting up (which is what good survs do anyway) essentially neuters their power, Legion will never be anything but a noob stomper, and really weak against most good surv teams.

• Adaez
    edited January 23
    Options

Legion is literally the worst chase killer in the game, with 0 antiloop, killers that cant get downs are dead in the water and his mobility and information power is not even that good, not to mention its so easily counterable, they have a big terror radius and its so easy to run away from them, what's the point of knowing where survivors are when you cant get a down before all gens pop?

Compared to other killers like Doctor, that has a power that gives him a lot of information, he can consistently shut down loops, get downs and hits, and he has some really strong combos that wil outpressure survivors.

Bad mobility and information power with no ability to get downs, he's like 0.1/10 of what Blight is lol.

No its not, its simply because having no terror radius is strong, much strong than whatever Legion has going for him will ever be.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,067
    Options

Sadly, I have to say that Freddy RIGHT NOW is probably the worst killer in the game.

This does not mean that it has to remain that way though.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,067
    Options

Having no tr is not strong.

Ever heard of callous?

The only killer I feel like, undetectable is strong regardless of the team you are going against is Chucky due to his site.

Freddy is worse than Legion. A lot worse.

• BiancaDiAngelo
    BiancaDiAngelo Member Posts: 1
    Options

I kinda beg to differ I'm a legion main and I consistently get 4 k games so you obviously doing some ######### majorly wrong

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 984
    Options

They just need bloodpools in frenzy

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,877
    edited April 25
    Options

Legion isn't the worst by any means, but they definitely need buffs and bug fixes to smooth them out a bit.

Post edited by Tatariu on
  • Mentally_Mechanical
    Mentally_Mechanical Member Posts: 55
    Options

Tbh all I want for Legion is for their power to be more impactful and less frustrating for both sides. I don't know exactly how you'd do that without it feeling unfair to one side or the other, but that's the main thing I want for the fast-running stab-happy teenagers.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 200
    Options

If by "worst killer" you mean "most annoying and miserable to go against because mend simulator matches last 45 minutes", then I completely agree