Killers: What's your "Oh no you didn't..." trigger?

Options
UndeddJester
UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
edited January 25 in General Discussions

We've heard of the survivor handbook for killers before... but for my fellow killers playing mostly chill and for fun, what are your triggers that flick your murder switch on to showing no mercy and going hard in the paint?

I personally have 3 (in order from lowest level to highest): -

• Hanging around and following me constantly for flashlight/pallet saves/instant unhooks.
  • Using FTP+Buckle Up in my face when I'm playing a meme build/weaker killer.
  • Anyone who consistently tries to spin tech me.

1) Generally speaking, it takes multiple offences of following me and trying for flashlight and pallet saves to annoy me. For the most part I dont begrudge this, but when a player is going well out of their way to mess with, frustrate and deny me, I will gun for them hard if I get the chance.

2) Using FTP+Buckle Up when I'm playing a more low tier killer is such a slap in the face. I'm playing a weaker killer, I'm not camping, I'm not tunneling, I'm not being nasty in the meta... and you pull that crap so blatantly in my face? Hell no. I don't care if I throw the game doing it, if I can kill you, I will sacrifice everything to do it.

3) Spin teching specifically annoys me to high hell. I used to be a PC gamer, but due to issues with my hands I had to switch to console. I can play for very short stints on PC, and I played a game of Wraith where people kept trying to spin tech me, and my God, I couldn't believe how easy it was to handle spin techs comparatively. I won't call them cheaters or exploiters, because it is a mechanic facilitated by the game, but it rubs me the wrong way because it's making your hit box screwy and awkward, and taking specific advantage of my controller limitations... and if youre gonna use a very frustrating and annoying in game mechanic against me, I have no problem doing the same to you. What really gets my back up about it is survivors on controller can't do it very well at all, which adds to the PC/console gulf. Although you can spin on controller, it is far less effective compared to a mouse driven spin tech. As such, if I get a chance to punish a spin techer, I will do so ruthlessly with no remorse.

If any of these things occur, if I get the chance to kill, I will take it without mercy and no consideration to my usual no-tunneling self imposed rule.

My fellow killers, what are your personal murder button triggers? 😁🤘

Comments

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

When I'm minding my on business chasing a survivor around a loop and another one pop up to pallet drop me from behind...... i always give them the slow turn like "u want some too b**** ?"

another one is when a survivor running vigil and sb. Specifically when they run away and don't return to the gen into they can Sprint burst again. I don't tunnel them but i definitely show them my appreciation after hooking them!

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 617
    Options

If you bodyblock me with basekit BT, I will make sure you have a very bad time. Most other things I find only slightly annoying.

• Pluto_1
    Pluto_1 Member Posts: 337
    Options

T baggers. Not the "chase me" variety, but the "neener neener you can't catch me" ones. I will throw the entire game and proxy camp until the end these players.

Same as above... blocking with basekit BT. Granted, it is your job to deny me a hit, but that denial comes with swift and effective repercussions.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

Ftp in my face, trying to force me onto your teammate whos deathhook, sometimes bagging if they arent even trying to loop and just predropping the whole time. And yeah trying to bodyblock me with BT. I can count. Lol.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

The closest thing would be refusing to be playing the game and asking to die but in this case I make sure they stay with me until the end, complete the 5 gens and die to my rancor.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,274
    Options

For me its a Survivor that sticks around in endgame specifically to BM, but theyre actually stupid enough to put themselves in a vulnerable position.

Had 2 games in the same day both as Trapper, one I pretended to walk away and as soon as I saw this Claudette leave the exit area I started walking towards her. For whatever reason though she decided to vault a pallet back and forth before trying to run back towards the exit. Couldnt have been for a challenge since at this point I wasnt close enough to be in chase. She almost made it out, but I still downed her before she could make it.

The other game was a guy t bagging at the gate and as a last ditch effort I placed a trap in the grass next to the gate, and knew I could get away with it thanks to Bear Oil. Sure enough David walked out, pointed, and then stepped into the iron jaws of no return.

Things like that make me see red

P.S. If 360's are something that put Survivors on your naughty list, I guess thats just an offer for a 1v1 :)

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 217
    Options

T-bag at first pallet. I will do everything in my power to make sure you don't finish the game with an escape.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,092
    Options

1. Arrogant tbagger

2. Flashlight clicker

3. Attention seeker in general

4. Advantage(BT)/Exploit abuser

5. Headon squads/duos

6. First hook exitters

And my personal handling of the first 5 is simply ignoring them and depriving them from as much killer interaction as possible. Play normal with the others and then stop dead.

For 6. I make the others have a relaxed game by going easy and trying to let us all make as much bp as possible with ot without straight farming.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

Body Block with BT is probably my number one. Even worse if you have DS.

Not rescuing a teammate before second stage, especially when I go across the map so yall can save safely.

Giving up at the start of the match because you got outplayed. Sorry hun, you’re gonna either DC or wait for the gates to open.

Sandbagging a teammate in my face.

Abusing Boil Over will cause me to ignore everyone else just to keep you slugged.

Betraying your teammates because you’re salty, unless it was obvious all they did was hide the whole match.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

Use to be OoO back before its change. Would be annoying playing Huntress with her fairly small TR and NEVER being able to hit any shot from range. I remember getting one on basement hook and then just standing at the stairs while shaking my head no at any survivor who showed up to get the save. I'll TAKE that 1k, lol.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,637
    Options

bodyblocking with endurance, which I never do as a survivor.

• Coz
    Coz Member Posts: 57
    Options

It’s the flash light for. Gets my back up every time!

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

For all 3 of us:

• Immediately throwing a strong pallet just to tbag. It annoys us for some reason and we'll start trying to murder everyone else just so we can have all the time to murder them.
    • Greifing a teammate. Don't think we need to explain this one.
    • Object of Obsession. Not sure if it fits here but it's the only thing in the game that gets genuine anger out of any of us. We see it, gloves come off and the only thing to save you is your teammates.

Each of us also gots our own personal gripes but we're not making a list.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 441
    Options

Farming hook saves. No I'm not camping, I'm just making sure no one else is around.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Adrenaline. Hate that perk with a passion. It's not easy to kill an Adrenaline user after they've used it, but I am 1000% going to try to.

Oddly, the body blocking with bt doesn't bother me that much. I just see it like "Oh you want more of my attention? Alright, you can have it."

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Intentionally sandbagging a teammate used to be the only thing that completely changed my playstyle from spreading hooks to getting someone out ASAP. Every survivor team is better without a sandbagger around.

But after a recent trial on Ironworks of Misery, I'm adding something to the list: Boil Over. You know how killer players used to hate the old Object of Obsession? Yeah, same thing, different perk.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,189
    Options

Against me as a killer, I have no real problem. I kind of love every single attempt at being annoying because that's usually an easy kill for me.

But as @Pulsar and @GeneralV have mentioned, if a survivor plays against his team I'll throw the game to kill him.