We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Has anyone lost excitement for the new update?

For me I certainly have when they announced sadako getting nerfed, I know she’s getting adjusted due to the feedback, but that still doesn’t make me excited either way and just hoped she’d stay what she was from the ptb

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,520

as long as I can butt scoot with a flashlight and become a bullet train as Billy, alls good

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,251

Yeah, the Sadako nerf was such a bummer. If you could lock in 4 or 5 curse stages, that would mean something and could both, raise the stackes and fear level and make Sadako more dangerous without being an utter noob stomper. But 2 curse stages mean litterally nothing, the max you can do with that is 4 stages with two hooking events, and after that the survivor is on death hook, so why bother? This really went from 100 to 0 in an instance and my excitement is at its lowest.

At least Billy will be fun to play and maybe learn, but really, this update leaves Sadako in the dust and let her linger again as one of the lowest picked killers.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,923

The only things I was ever looking forward to was Billy's buff and the three gen solution. That hasn't changed.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,688

I'm still excited for the update.

Hillbilly got seriously mega buffed. With his insane speeds, forgiving cooldowns and decent add-on variety, he has suddenly became a very appealing killer for me.

I really liked Grim Embrace and Shadowborn on PTB (despite champion of light at the same time)

FOV slider, max fov on every killer i think will be quite refreshing.

I'm excited for Alan Wake. I think he's cool and i am interested in playing around with his perks even if they are weak.

New tome and rift with alan wake content.

Probably the thing i am most excited for is the Lights Out modifier. Could be really fun and reinvigorate the game.

Hopefully onryo will be sorted out by hotfix 2.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 552

Same. Alan Wake has rubbish perks. Sadoko was all I was really excited for and now that thats been ruined which I agree with everything you said about that. I am at least happy for Billy mains at least something was salvaged.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

Mixed feelings

As my main being nerfed, that really sucks and I may not touch her until she gets appropriate changes.

Otherwise, I want to try the new game mode and I heard the next tome has Slinger stuff so I'm kinda excited for that.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

I‘m just depressed about the Sadako changes.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I was never excited in the first place.

Sadako remake is kinda meh.

I dislike the Billy remake since it is probably overtuned. Another unloopable killer.

The 3-gen change is in reality another unneccessay killer buff. 8 regressions on a single gen will most likely almost never happen in your games so it is meaningless. I am fine with the gen tap counter which is already a significant killer buff, but why do they have to increase the 2,5% to 5%? Completly out of proportion.

What else do we have? Ah, a survivor, right? Is Alan Wake coming to the Fog with the next update? I am not even sure. Whatever, not interested to much. I dont care for the character nore the perks.

Last but not least, they bring back the Knight. Yeeeeiiii... actually no thanks. Should stay killswitched until the rework him properly.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 1,002

I was looking forward to the update but after they announced the Sadako nerfs, I'm not particularly interested anymore. I might check out the new gamemode. I don't know.

• jasonq500
    jasonq500 Member Posts: 149

The new game mode might be fun for sadako with iri tape with stealth perks, that’s the only good thing she has

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,819

I tried that in the PTB, unfortunately due to survivors making TVs have long cooldowns, her innate stealth having a lullaby and teleporting creating a lot of noise, you'll get one or two, maybe 3 hooks until the survivors realize which stealth perks you're running. I did make it work in 2/6 games I tried it, which I guess isn't a bad rate but it's not enough of a pool size that I'm confident in.

That said if anyone finds a good build around this, absolutely call me out.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

To be brutally honest, I don't care about Sadako. Never have, maybe never will.

Blight could have been nerfed more, but I'll take what I can get. Hillbilly rework still looks great. Perk tweaks are overall alright. FOV slider is great. Gen-kicks buffed to 5% is great, removal of gen-tapping is great, anti-3-gen system doesn't concern me for normal matches. Knight is getting re-enabled, Nowhere to Hide is getting re-enabled. I'm excited to play as Alan Wake, and the new Rift is coming out featuring him.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,268

Most excited for the FoV settings and anti-3gen.

Sadako changes might be interesting, will have to see how they play out.

Not a Billy player, good for those that are. A bit apprehensive of going against him as a survivor though.

Is there a new survivor? I hadn't noticed.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited January 29

Nah i don't.

Sadako nerfed to ground for no reason.

Alan Wake perks are still garbage.

STBFL is still so good for tunnelling and camping, main issue did not fixed.

Quick Gambit is still terrible perk, core issue not fixed.

They gave another busted add-on to Blight for no reason. You were going to nerf him, not BUFF. But Blight is gold boy after all i guess.

The only W is Billy. Sadly this is one of the worst updates.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

People complain their killers getting nerfed.

Only Freddy and Trapper complain after getting buffed.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,002

Yes. Me.

Guess why....

I was so looking forward to this patch. Now I don't want to play at all.

@C3Tooth can I have a crying Sadako?

• radiantHero23

It could have been so good though. The Ptb was very promising. The post Ptb changes are just extremely confusing to me.

• radiantHero23
    edited January 29
  • supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,531

Since when was billy unloopable? I see this going around but he has pretty much the same weaknesses as other killers? You get to a pallet and you just drop it. Then he breaks it. You vault a window. If he has bamboozle he can follow you and block it. Most of his rules are pretty much the same. And unless he masters curves and you just refuse to drop the pallet the saw still will be the same gameplay wise.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,531
    edited January 29

Its very unfortunate. Hopefully she makes it out of this and they actually listen this time. We will have to see

• radiantHero23

Im gonna probably find a way to make her work, although BHVR is making it really hard.

I'm just disappointed. I get sad when thinking about the patch.

• jasonq500

Same here, just thinking about it makes me even sadder.

for the time being I'll just wait for the Alan wake stream tomorrow to see if they mention sadako getting reverted

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,502

Wasn't excited to begin with lol looking forward to the new Rift though, that hasn't changed

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 743

Pretty much.

Add to that how ill-thought-out the "Anti-3-gen" system is and any kind of excitement went out the window. Literally didn't touch the problematic parts of STBFL and only left it's camping/tunneling power while weakening everything else.

If they make the new system only work on last gen (with like 5-6 regression events to compensate) and revert the STBFL nerf while making it deactivate near hooked Survivors then I'll be hyped again.

The other changes are nice (or at least not horrible) but they are not enough to save the update nor the loss of perk/Killer variety and viability. I'm pretty sure that Blight will get a 2nd add-on pass eventually and Sadako will get buffed.

The shiny new Lights Out mode will temporarily distract people from the update.

• radiantHero23

They asked on youtube for questions. I asked them about reasoning of the nerfs.

I really hope they pick my question.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,793

And perhaps Sadako after the first rework.

But it is just like you said last year, my dear friend, those are killers that players like me and you knew how to use effectively, that we spent time learning and mastering. At the end of the day we just want our favorites to be fun.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 253

Im more excited about Knight being back

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 186

No. I kinda expected them to nerf something for sadako before she came to live. Tbh I also expected billy to be nerfed to but miraculously he didn't.

• jasonq500

There would’ve been a riot if hillbilly got nerfed after the positive feedback he got

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

I never said he was unloopable, but i have a very strong feeling he is now due to his insane speed.

But I dont want to draw conclusions very early. Lets see how it goes.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

I'm more disappointed.

I feel like the 3 gen thing is something they've been working on for a long time, not realizing that the biggest problems of 3 gen disappeared with the end of overbrine and skull merchant reworks. It happens occasionally, and its really annoying when it does, but we're basically just getting a killer buff to compensate for something that rarely happens.

I'll wait on Sadako to see how she plays, but the rationale for their explanation of the changes leaved a lot to be desired.

Extremely disappointed where the Blight addons are ending up after the rework. As a survivor I like facing Blight, he's a well designed killer, the problem has always been those addons.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,409

Most of the excitement for me was because of Billy. Sucks Sadako is getting shafted... but there's still plenty to look forward to.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,409

The 3 gen thing DOES kinda open the door for letting those perks be strong again...

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,502

"we're basically just getting a killer buff to compensate for something that rarely happens"

That's true. Kinda sucks.