Another Legion balancing thread

Options
Milord
Milord Member Posts: 273
Yes, yes, I know you guys are tired of this, but I just want to know what people think.

1. Limit the number of times Legion can jump in a single FF bar. This can be a hard cap or a soft cap (every time Legion jumps, reduce a fixed portion of FF bar). I'll say 2 max jumps is a good number, further modifiable by add-ons.

2. Since point 1 will reduce his chasing capability, they can buff his DW damage. There have been many other suggestions on this, and I don't really care how they do it as long as it's improved.

3. To prevent the cheese moonwalk strategy, change DW so it won't decrease while running, instead of while in chase. To compensate, if they're still mending while DW bar is at 1%, give them a DS-level skill check. If they fail they go down.

That's it from me. Now tell me if this could work or not.

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options

Playing devil's advocate here, please don't eat me.

The first part would further discourage using frenzy to wound multiple targets, since you would only get a total of two vaults for the entire duration. If it were just a soft cap and reduced a fixed amount, you would still likely run into issues with it since you would use a significant portion of your frenzy just getting to the next survivor in the first place, which would cause you to waste the last bit of the bar vaulting after them.

The second part would also promote using frenzy on a single target. Making frenzy deal more damage to the deep wound timer ends up in a Frank's Mix Tape situation. Currently it's not worth using your power multiple times on one survivor because it is very inefficient. If that damage is increased, you can frenzy a single survivor without any problem.

I won't argue that the legion needs buff, I definitely feel the same. Although I feel like making him more powerful at chasing a single survivor is the wrong way to do it. We can look at Frank's Mix Tape currently to see what that would be like. You'd end up with a killer that ignore any countermeasures and gets a guaranteed down within ~30 seconds. He hits you the first two times, goes into cooldown, and then hits you a third time for the down. Sure, it's more powerful, but it's basically just a race to finish generators before the killer has enough time to down everyone. If his frenzy attack is to be made more powerful, it would need to be accompanied by some sort of change that prevents you from just following one person and repeatedly using your power to remove any sort of counterplay from them.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Peanits said:

Playing devil's advocate here, please don't eat me.

Hmm... That's certainly a different perspective to this. Tbh I couldn't think of a change that would make people prefer to hit multiple target instead of tunnel 1 survivor. Not focusing on securing a kill just seem counterintuitive given the basic design of the game.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    Legion is underpowered but slightly overpowered with Franks Mixtape... :(
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    Options

The third part sounds interesting. Legion is currently the most annoying Killer to play as and to play against. If you play like you're supposed to, you won't achieve anything and if you play in a scummy way (moonwalk, frenzy tunnel) you at best end up with a 110% MS version of Hillbilly (if you use good add-ons). Not that bad in general, but just not good enough against high skilled players.

I'm thinking of a bit more complex buffs to them, buffs that require proper awareness to make use of - such as removing the terror radius during frenzy (or make it global just like the add-on). This could seriously distract Survivors.

Also, mending should be considered a healing action to increase build variations on them and to make up for the "anti-moonwalk" nerf.