I HATE THE LIGHT! IT BURNS!

Options

Why are they trying to force me to use flashlights. I hate them so much. I was like okay I can use chem trap. Nope not a hinder. So I am like okay Ill use blast mine while holding a flashlight. Nope doesnt work for 0 reason listed in the perk. Same with flashbang. GOD IT SUCKS SO MUCH

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    edited February 3
    Options

What is forcing you to use flashlights exactly?

A flashlight specific perk that you are free to not use?

Edit: oh you mean the Alan Wake specific challenge? The one that also requires you to spend money on Alan Wake? But the issue is flashlights?

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,778
    Options
  • ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 370
    Options

FYI - for the tome challenge you will get credit toward the challenge even if another player is running the perk and blinds the killer. An overzealous Leon got it for me earlier today within 60 seconds of the match starting. I hadn't even encountered the killer yet.

This may be a bug, but it should be helpful to some (unless it was a bug that's not consistent)

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

I feel bad for killers because I have to blind them 30x for an achievement

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,787
    Options

Yeah, I hate flashlights from all sides. When I play killer, I get blinded by someone standing behind my shoulder. When I play survivor, I aim straight at the killer's face and can't get the blind to go off.

Every time there's a challenge like this, I'm like, "This is my time. I'm going to learn flashlights." And then I end up trying to cheese it with another perk because it's so painful.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 438
    Options

If it's about the specific archive challenge where you have to use Champion of Light while playing as Alan Wake, it's currently bugged so you don't actually need to blind or hinder the killer, just be playing Alan and have the perk and challenge equipped. I automatically got progress for it when the killer, a Trapper, basic attacked my teammate twice at the beginning of the match.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 449
    Options

As for that 30 blinds achievement, it seems like the second I tried going for it, half of the killers I went up against were trickster and huntress.