Are Med-Kits done being looked at or will they be revisited again one day

Options

I think for the most part, Med-Kit add ons are mostly ok. My problem with Med-Kits are how awful the difference is between each rarity. Currently each med-kit is slightly different based on healing speed when healing other survivors, which is fine but why not increase the charges slightly? Maybe each rarity will increase charges by 2-3 or lower efficiency when healing oneself to 20% from 33%. It doesn't have to be anything drastic.

I noticed I no longer use higher rarity Med-Kits at all. My go to is a Common Med-Kit (Brown) + add-ons + Reactive Healing. I don't see the appeal in using the higher rarity ones in their current state.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    edited February 6
    Options

they made medkits boring to use

also dislike the way they changed botany knowledge

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

That is a good suggestion, my friend. I believe it would work.

The big healing nerf just created a bad situation, especially with Sloppy Butcher being used often.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    edited February 6
    Options

I kinda like the current Bot Knowledge. I think the faster healing for a slower med-kit heal is a fair trade-off but I can see why you prefer the previous variant of it. I wouldn't mind if they revert it because 33% was still really good.

(Actually, looking back I feel like the slower med-kit compensation is obsolete because of how med-kits are now, and the fact that the downside was only added when people talked about how busted it would be with pre-6.7.0 med-kits.)

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 949
    Options

Agreed. Botany is an amazing perk but the downside really hurts the usage of Med-Kits.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 949
    edited February 6
    Options

I Absolutely agree. I guess I was focusing too much on Med-Kits that I forgot to realize that Survivors items are in a bad state. And I still want to know why is the Broken Key still in the game.

• humanbeing1704
    Options

I just liked having efficiency modifiers outside of streetwise but I understand why they got rid of it with the 50% heal speed

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 132
    Options

I wouldn't really adjust medkits any further tbh, they're in a good spot overall minus two addons, and the fact that each individual rarity doesn't make a very noticeable difference. I'd at least make the healing boost from the different medkits a little bit higher (35, 50, 75, 100), or alternatively, maybe reinstate their original gimmick, but with a penalty. Ie, the green medkit could boost your altruistic and self healing speed again (not by the old amount), but with the penalty that it consumes your charges even faster. Or the purple could provide more charges (enough for two self heals) with the cost of the healing speed penalty being even higher than the default 33%.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

It's a live service game so nothing is really set in stone. One day medkits could be adjusted again, we don't know.

But for the foreseeable future I doubt it. They're mostly fine now. Maybe some addons could be a bit better and the purple medkit could have some more charges (just to make it different from the others) but that's about it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

What do you mean, boring? They still work the same as before. They're just a bit weaker now. But the mechanic wasn't changed at all.

• humanbeing1704
    Options

The uniformity of 24 charges across the board is what I mean

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

All items should be dropped to one single version of Brown by now. So we dont waste BP on pointless Ranger medkit

I think 16sec self healing is fine. But survivors bringing items have to spawn chest to find and search. Currently spending time to find chest, spending time to unlock, spend another 24sec for a single self healing is overkill.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 448
    Options

Medkits are fine

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited February 6
    Options

To me it seems pretty clear with the healing nerfs that BHVR want survivors to heal each other instead of themselves.

I believe BHVR still wants survivor to be a 'Will you work together to survive, or will you betray your teammates to save your own skin?' type thing, and that can't really exist if survivors can just heal themselves as easily as each other.

It would be nice if rarer medkits had some better effects between rarities, even if it was things that only affect altruistic healing. E.g.

• Increased charges but have a greater reduced self healing item efficiency (e.g. 32 charges but 50% reduced item efficiency when self-healing).
    • +50% altruistic healing speed on a downed survivor.
    • Increase probability of skill checks by 15% when altruistic healing.

Just a pass to give some interesting combos for different scenarios to open up builds.