Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How does one blind the Xenomorph?

This has puzzled me because it doesn't have eyes, it uses other hyperactive senses to see. Like sound for the simple example.

Comments

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Yeah agree, same as Pyramid Head, flashlighting him makes as much sense as a waterproof teabag.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 278

All succumb to the power of the radiant beam fortunately. One should not be distracted by real world physics viability here.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 470
    edited February 8

have they ever addressed this? lol its just funny when you think about it but i roll with it

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,582

The flashlights work because the Entity says so. Same reason Nemesis is impeded by a flimsy chunk of plywood falling on him despite being a 9 foot tall superweapon built like a small bus.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Uh... hold on, I gotta BS my way through this. Um...

Okay, the Xenomorph detects prey via their bio-electrical signals while also being capable of detecting artificial electricity, hence their ability to detect androids. In the entity's realm, to give survivors a slight edge so they have a chance of escaping otherwise certain death when exposed to the Entity's Realm's Flashlight beams, their senses are overstimulated, causing them extreme pain and "blindness" as it would to other killers. This is to give survivors a chance, so it also helps the Xenomorph recover quickly from what would otherwise be debilitating pain.

How's that?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    edited February 9

Flashlight is just a symbol of something that can make killer blinded for few seconds. Its not actual flashlight, just like gens arent real gens. Its a world made by Entity in a shape that makes sense for characters.

But you may very well just think of them sleeping in some matrix pods and dreaming this all up

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,959

Even skinny little former drug addict Amanda just gives it a wee kick and it shatters... mind you... Amanda must have been working out in the void... she also picks up a non cooperative David like a naughty toddler and walks around with him sand bagging her just fine... 😅