The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

HOW TO COUNTER DS!1!1!1!

Arroz
Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Comments

• Arroz

Hehe

• Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Counter =/= working around something. 

Just saying ;)
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Or use Enduring... Or yeet out of the lobby
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

My Nurse eats DS users for breakfast.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

I love DS i make sure if i find them they die first/green mori :chuffed:

• Arroz

Or just dc :)

• Arroz

@MaxiferPriest said:
    how to counter tunneling and camping? GIT GUD

Only newbies camp in 2019 lol

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I usually wait a second to let them waste it and, if I can, get them stuck somewhere. Once I managed to get a Meg stuck behind one of Lery's entrance doors, she DCd XD

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited January 2019

The only counter to D'S would be a perk that allows a survivor to be replaced on the hook after an escape with a successful skill check.

That is the only thing that is comparable.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

This is some

Low quality bait for low quality killers :)
  • LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    I played against a survivor earlier today, i downed him, picked him up, dropped him once and he disconnected. Rip.
  • LegitAdventurer
    "Noo how dare you counter my counterless perk. Ugh I'm quitting"
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@LegitAdventurer said:

HE ragequitted because he missed the skillcheck btw

• Arroz

@Master said:

@LegitAdventurer said:

HE ragequitted because he missed the skillcheck btw

If i fail ds i dont ragequit.. I still have adrenaline :)

• Arroz

@Attackfrog said:
    The only counter to D'S would be a perk that allows a survivor to be replaced on the hook after an escape with a successful skill check.

DS will never change because devs are scare from the comunnity (survivors) so stop crying about it and accept your defeat by an crutch perk, You must understand that this game is asymmetric and that both parties must have the same power. The survivors share have Ds and the killers share rancor, if the rancor aura reading is bad but for something there is bitter murmur ... Or maybe this is a good idea for a perkthat finally counter ds

You start the match with 4 tokens, (it will depend on how many obsession perks there are in the match) if you fail a hit 1 token is consumed ..

• I think I have a totally fair idea as to how to nerf Decisive Strike in a totally fair fashion.

All of Laurie Strode’s perks DO NOT create an obsession.

What this means is that Laurie’s Perks are only really good if the killer has an obsession perk, otherwise, even if all 4 survivors run Decisive Strike, none of them get to use it immediately unless the killer is actually running an obsession perk.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@Arroz said:

@Attackfrog said:

DS will never change because devs are scare from the comunnity (survivors) so stop crying about it and accept your defeat by an crutch perk, You must understand that this game is asymmetric and that both parties must have the same power. The survivors share have Ds and the killers share rancor, if the rancor aura reading is bad but for something there is bitter murmur ... Or maybe this is a good idea for a perkthat finally counter ds

You start the match with 4 tokens, (it will depend on how many obsession perks there are in the match) if you fail a hit 1 token is consumed ..

I wouldn't say I was crying, but people do try to compare DS to killer perks like NOED and rancor. These are not analogous because currently, killers do not have any perk that simply allows us to hit a skill check and get a free "do-over".

DS is a passive perk that gives survivors a 2nd chance after being caught. There is literally no downside to taking the perk, other than it takes up a perk slot, which all perks do...so with that logic, all perks have that same "down side". Granted, you may not use DS in a game, but if you are not using it, you are not getting downed.

Therefore, you are probably a pretty good survivor, thus solidifying the notion that DS is, indeed, a crutch for bad survivors. This brings us back to the original point: why are we rewarding bad survivors for getting caught?

• Arroz

@Attackfrog said:

@Arroz said:

@Attackfrog said:

I wouldn't say I was crying, but people do try to compare DS to killer perks like NOED and rancor. These are not analogous because currently, killers do not have any perk that simply allows us to hit a skill check and get a free "do-over".

DS is a passive perk that gives survivors a 2nd chance after being caught. There is literally no downside to taking the perk, other than it takes up a perk slot, which all perks do...so with that logic, all perks have that same "down side". Granted, you may not use DS in a game, but if you are not using it, you are not getting downed.

Therefore, you are probably a pretty good survivor, thus solidifying the notion that DS is, indeed, a crutch for bad survivors. This brings us back to the original point: why are we rewarding bad survivors for getting caught?

Survivors dont have a perk that automatically give them free sprint and a instaheal :)

• Arroz
    edited January 2019

@Steamtastic_Vagabond said:
    I think I have a totally fair idea as to how to nerf Decisive Strike in a totally fair fashion.

What this means is that Laurie’s Perks are only really good if the killer has an obsession perk, otherwise, even if all 4 survivors run Decisive Strike, none of them get to use it immediately unless the killer is actually running an obsession perk.

Mm, you just want to survivor to lost perk slot, huh? we need to BALANCE, not UNBALANCE more the game than it is right now .. BIG BRAIN

• Arroz said:

I think I have a totally fair idea as to how to nerf Decisive Strike in a totally fair fashion.

Mm, you just want to survivor to lost perk slot, huh? we need to BALANCE, not UNBALANCE more the game than it is right now .. BIG BRAIN

They still get to use it, but given that the game itself describes the perks as leaving Laurie exposed, I figure this would be a welcome change to many killers and merely a minor change for survivors.
  • Arroz

Just let's make 120 seconds(broken status effect) in all tiers if you use decisive strike..

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited January 2019
    Arroz said:

Would you say that Hex perks are unbalanced too for essentially just removing perk slots or will you atleast own the title of hypocrit with a spine?
  • Arroz

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Arroz said:

Would you say that Hex perks are unbalanced too for essentially just removing perk slots or will you atleast own the title of hypocrit with a spine?

@ChesterTheMolester said:
    Arroz said:

It just was for call the attetion big boy and see unbalanced (weak) ideas of DS from killers main..

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

How about you dribble the DS until you get to a hook? While unreliable: it works against Decisive Strike, it's worked for me plenty of times. Why don't you give a shot at it m8?

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

You wanna counter DS sure plenty of perks out there.But you wanna punish ds players. slug'em with knockout make sure their not in a swf. Leave em to die on the ground. Did it to a laurie once she spent 75% of the game on the ground. She crawled up to a hook for me later on she learned her lesson and then she was able to play the game again. Condition these animals killers if the dev's don't want to fix the perk then its up to us the killers to fix the players who use it.

• Arroz

@Zarathos said:
    You wanna counter DS sure plenty of perks out there.But you wanna punish ds players. slug'em with knockout make sure their not in a swf. Leave em to die on the ground. Did it to a laurie once she spent 75% of the game on the ground. She crawled up to a hook for me later on she learned her lesson and then she was able to play the game again. Condition these animals killers if the dev's don't want to fix the perk then its up to us the killers to fix the players who use it.

I dont care about if someone let me die in the floor, im just gonna move on and find other game, btw it's your time and they can rush you.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited January 2019
    Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:

I dont care about if someone let me die in the floor, im just gonna move on and find other game, btw it's your time and they can rush you.

You don't need to camp the slugged. Thats the point of knock out. Down em and continue hunting. A slugged player can't do gens and is often better then eating a ds in a lot of circumstances. You can camp a downed survivour without knockout its just really boring and they can easily get up if you leave em as the team will have no issue finding them from across the map. 
  • Arroz

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:

You don't need to camp the slugged. Thats the point of knock out. Down em and continue hunting. A slugged player can't do gens and is often better then eating a ds in a lot of circumstances. You can camp a downed survivour without knockout its just really boring and they can easily get up if you leave em as the team will have no issue finding them from across the map. 

@Zarathos said:
    Arroz said:

@Zarathos said:

That dont work against swf but im never gonna do that, that's just boring for me, sit and camp the guy who is the floor? and the other 3 escaped.. I know it give a lesson to ds players but I just dont care about if I get Dstriked If I lose the match is because I suck and I move on and find another game.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You can dribble the survivor most of the time, but it can be countered by body blocking. Another possible counter is dropping them off of something, which can be countered by balanced landing. You can however do things to soften the blow like enduring or (depending of the survivors skill) you can use unnerving presence to maybe make them miss.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Zarathos said:
    You wanna counter DS sure plenty of perks out there.But you wanna punish ds players. slug'em with knockout make sure their not in a swf. Leave em to die on the ground. Did it to a laurie once she spent 75% of the game on the ground. She crawled up to a hook for me later on she learned her lesson and then she the game again. Condition these animals killers if the dev's don't want to fix the perk then its up to us the killers to fix the players who use it.

@Zarathos said:

Most survivors know that they can join another game after they die, and the next killer will probably pick them up. It’s not really a punishment.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

gr8 b8 m8

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Reminds me of one comment I saw on Reddit way back in the day:

The main counter (to Decisive Strike) is - situational awareness and to be good in chasing. Try to plan ahead. Don't choose a path to a hook blindly.

That guy had about 50 downvotes the last time I checked.

• LegitAdventurer
    I think one of the most obvious counters is playing the clown, down the obsession, drop a bomb or two, pick up the survivor, drink the survivors salty tears.