The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rank and latency filters in the new matchmaking system?

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583

In light of the imminent launch of the new matchmaking system, could not two filters, related to the rank interval and the maximum latency value that each player accepts, be added in the game settings screen? It seems clear that, if someone were to set parameters too rigid, the result for them would be endless waiting, without any damage for the rest of the community.

Comments

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

For the Rank interval to be meaningful, they'd first have to create a real ranking system, after which you would no longer need that option (or else it would be abusable)

The maximum latency option would solve a lot of lobby dodgers though, which is a great idea and less than harmful in any way.

• Entità
    I repeat my question. :)
  • Entità

For the Rank interval to be meaningful, they'd first have to create a real ranking system, after which you would no longer need that option (or else it would be abusable)

The maximum latency option would solve a lot of lobby dodgers though, which is a great idea and less than harmful in any way.

The option I think allows you to enable matchmaking with higher rank players: if you are more skilled than your rank reveals, because you played less than you wished after the season reset, or desire a harder challenge, you can enlarge the interval. Of course, this option cannot be used to face lower rank players and enjoy a free win.