Is the Entity doing more Good than Harm?

Options
Vortexas
Vortexas Member Posts: 757

Look at all the Brutal Serial Murderers it's contained.

Comments

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

Cant say its cause is noble. Its eventual goal is to consume the world in darkness. The Entity thrives off of violence and sacrifice of the innocent to feed it. It also appears to be very picky about who it allows into its realm. It might have imprisoned some violent killers but only to further its destructive ends and in the process condemn innocent souls to endure a never ending cycle of torture and death until their minds snap. I say The Entity is doing some pretty nasty #########.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    edited January 2019
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    Its eventual goal is to consume the world in darkness.

Not at all, if i am not wrong the devs said that the entity was not interested in world domination, he is feeding from the survivors and killers despair and angsty

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I smell Stockholm Syndrome.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

@Vortexas said:

It's inadvertently creating good by having these sick games. Never even thought of it.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

Of course he does a lot of good. Destroying wicked, evil survivors is the noblest goal ever.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Vortexas said:

Not all the killers it trapped were "murderers", hag and wraith to name two, they never wanted to kill they ended up there by circumstances
  • Blackadder
    Blackadder Member Posts: 23
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    The Entity thrives off of violence and sacrifice of the innocent to feed it.

It thrives off the hope of the survivors, the hope they'll one day escape and return home. And once you're out of hope you become a killer. as it seems Benedict baker may have become one.

• Orion
    Options

@Blackadder said:

@SadonicShadow said:
    The Entity thrives off of violence and sacrifice of the innocent to feed it.

It thrives off the hope of the survivors, the hope they'll one day escape and return home. And once you're out of hope you become a killer. as it seems Benedict baker may have become one.

The Entity thrives off of strong emotions. Survivors who stop having strong emotional reactions are tossed into the Void. Benedict is still a Survivor; it's Vigo who is no longer a Survivor (which is not to say that he's now a Killer).

• kÂmïSämã
    kÂmïSämã Member Posts: 2
    Options

Honestly, its fair to assume the Entity isnt much different than a wild animal, seeing as tho its only trying to survive

• Theluckyboi
    Options

@Orion said:

Benedict is still a Survivor; it's Vigo who is no longer a Survivor

What? explain this to me, wasnt Benedict Baker the one that got sacrficed during hollow blight?

we dont get an Benedict diary entry about the legion or Jeff, which casually happens to have been introduced after hallowed blight

• Orion
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:
    What? explain this to me, wasnt Benedict Baker the one that got sacrficed during hollow blight?

we dont get an Benedict diary entry about the legion or Jeff, which casually happens to have been introduced after hallowed blight

Survivors get sacrificed all the time; it's what they're there for. They always go back to the campfire.
    The devs confirmed that Vigo is no longer a Survivor, but we've no idea where he is now.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    Vigo is final killer confirmed
  • Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Can a person rebecome a survivor?

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189
    Options

The entity's real purpose is to gather some real life psychopaths (one would like to hope that the majority are just normal people playing a game) into one space so they can live out their real life . . . anti social fantasies in the safety of a confined simulation. Hey if their doing their thing here it's better than in the real world right? lawl.

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Magnus13 said:

No, they go to The Void when The Entity has no use for them anymore.

• Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan said:

@Magnus13 said:

How does the Entity decide if a player goes to the void or becomes a killer?

@TheHourMan said:
    Vigo is last killer confirmed.

Not necessarily, he could be in the void, and we can’t confirm otherwise until we know how the Entity chooses.

Also, you said, ‘void.’ Where is the void? Is it in the spirit realm?

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

@Magnus13 said:

@Detective_Jonathan said:

@Magnus13 said:

How does the Entity decide if a player goes to the void or becomes a killer?

@TheHourMan said:
    Vigo is last killer confirmed.

Not necessarily, he could be in the void, and we can’t confirm otherwise until we know how the Entity chooses.

Also, you said, ‘void.’ Where is the void? Is it in the spirit realm?

There is more info on it in the official wiki, but i'll try to describe it best i can here.

The Void is essentially a sub-realm within the realm of The Entity, in this void there are husks of the survivors, when the survivor is all drained of their hope, they either become a killer or they are sent to The Void.

We know the first killer was sent to The Void as punishment because it was unsuccessful in providing food for The Entity.

As for choosing who becomes a killer, in the real world, The Entity would be summoned by someone committing a heinous act, it would then cut a whole from its universe into our world and pick the person that did the killing and bring them into it's realm, now i theorize that at the same time while this is happening, The Entity brings in the new survivor as well.

• BOOBERELLA
    BOOBERELLA Member Posts: 9
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Not at all, if i am not wrong the devs said that the entity was not interested in world domination, he is feeding from the survivors and killers despair and angsty

the entity is a she...

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

@BOOBERELLA said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@SadonicShadow said:

the entity is a she...

Maybe, where has the entity been referred to as a specific sex. It seems like it would be beyond human definitions and comprehension, and would be neither male or female

• BOOBERELLA
    edited February 2019
    Options

@xmenfanatic said:

@BOOBERELLA said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@SadonicShadow said:

the entity is a she...

Maybe, where has the entity been referred to as a specific sex. It seems like it would be beyond human definitions and comprehension, and would be neither male or female

• Theluckyboi
    Options

@BOOBERELLA said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@BOOBERELLA said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@SadonicShadow said:

the entity is a she...

potentially

• BOOBERELLA
    Options

@Theluckyboi said:

@BOOBERELLA said:

@xmenfanatic said:

@BOOBERELLA said:

@Theluckyboi said:

@SadonicShadow said:

the entity is a she...

potentially

meh idc

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Vortexas said:

The Entity only cares to feed off hope and needs subjects to farm that hope for it. I don't believe the Entity cares for trivial things such as good/bad.

Like an animal that kills to survive cannot be considered "bad or good". It may not be good for those affected but the motives of the animal are instinctual/natural.