If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New Stats! (Feb 15th 2024)

Options
GentlemanFridge
GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,303
edited February 16 in General Discussions

There are already some threads sharing their findings from The Stats, but none that actually had all of them listed, so here goes:

Developer Update | Stats! - BHVR

Developer Update | Stats!

By PeanitsLast Updated: 2:55 pm

Since we’ve started regularly sharing stats last year, we’ve received various requests for different kinds of data you would like to see. On top of the usual statistics we share, we’ve selected a few of the most requested topics to share with you today.

Before we dive in, we would like to remind everyone that while data may be fun to talk about, it does not paint a full picture. The numbers we’ll be sharing are very broad, covering millions of matches played all around the world, so the numbers may not reflect your personal experiences. We encourage you to have fun discussing this info, but please try not to draw any conclusions from data alone! It’s important to dig deeper understand the context behind the numbers you see; even we don’t make decisions based on data on its own.

Popular Perks

Starting things off, here’s an update to the 10 most popular Perks for each role! The percentage listed next to each Perk indicates their usage rate- in other words, the likelihood that someone will have it in their loadout. Arrows indicate if the Perk has moved up or down the list since we last shared stats, while a line shows that they remained in the same spot.

Popular Killers

Like Perks, we’ve also tallied up the 10 most popular Killers over the past month. The number below represent the percentage of all matches where that given Killer was played, with the arrows and lines again indicating how they have changed in popularity since we last shared this data.

Beyond the top 10, the pick rates are as follows (in descending popularity). For the sake of simplicity, we have rounded these numbers to the nearest whole percent.

• Doctor: 4%
  • Deathslinger: 3%
  • Spirit: 3%
  • Nemesis: 3%
  • Trickster: 3%
  • Clown: 3%
  • Oni: 3%
  • Xenomorph: 3%
  • Hillbilly: 2%
  • Plague: 2%
  • Onryo: 2%
  • Executioner: 2%
  • Demogorgon: 2%
  • Cannibal: 2%
  • Cenobite: 2%
  • Skull Merchant: 2%
  • Pig: 2%
  • Dredge: 2%
  • Artist: 1%
  • Hag: 1%
  • Nightmare: 1%
  • Singularity: 1%
  • Twins: 1%

Deadliest Killers

Who spilled the most blood last month? Many of you wanted to know, so we’ve gathered the data to share with you this time around. The numbers below are the percentage of all Survivors who are killed when facing that Killer. For example, a 50% kill rate would mean they kill two Survivors per match on average. We try to keep Killers near a 60% kill rate on average to keep matches relatively even and support the horror theme of the game, where the Killer is a force to be reckoned with and the survival is not guaranteed.

We’d like to remind you again that this data covers millions of matches across all skill levels. Some Killers may be stronger when mastered, but less powerful in the hands of someone less experienced. (Yes, a good Nurse is much scarier!)

Kill rates do not include matches where a disconnect takes place.

Beyond the top 10, the standing look like this:

• Executioner: 60%
  • Hag: 60%
  • Artist: 60%
  • Xenomorph: 59%
  • Blight: 59%
  • Wraith: 59%
  • Nemesis: 59%
  • Legion: 58%
  • Good Guy: 58%
  • Twins: 58%
  • Oni: 58%
  • Cannibal: 58%
  • Clown: 58%
  • Deathslinger: 57%
  • Trapper: 57%
  • Trickster: 57%
  • Demogorgon: 57%
  • Singularity: 56%
  • Huntress: 56%
  • Ghost Face: 56%
  • Nurse: 55%
  • Hillbilly: 54%
  • Doctor: 51%
  • Overall Average: 58.50%

Survival Rate in Groups

Last but certainly not least, many of you were curious about a Survivor’s odds of escaping depending on if they’re flying solo or playing with friends. In this case, a higher survival rate would mean that a Survivor is escaping more. We’ve also included the survival rates for high MMR Survivors as well for those who are curious.

One last time, we’d like to remind you that these numbers do not paint a full picture. For instance, a group of friends may be more coordinated, but they might also be more willing to sacrifice themselves in an attempt to save their friends.

That’s all for this time! We’d like to continue sharing statistics like these with you in the future. If there’s something else that you’re curious about, be sure to let us know!

Until next time…

The Dead by Daylight team

Post edited by GentlemanFridge on

Comments

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Considering nobody even tries to play against SM 70% isn't that surprising. Another number that isn't surprising is Doctor at 51%, it isn't talked about much but Doc is so hilariously terrible if you never get hit with the blast or can at least put it off as long as possible since Doc players rely on it to find people you can fool them easily into not checking on your gen if you have a locker near by. It always surprises me when I see Doc as high as I do in so many people's tier lists.

I'm glad I'm not crazy at there actually has been a real uptick in Legion like I've noticed, hate that but bleh they've always been somewhat popular.

Also I was told Distortion was a plague running rampant among survivors but apparently it's not even in the top 10 used perks lmao.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,330
    Options

Which I think is extremely dumb because Hatch is, for all intents and purposes, keeping the Kill Rates lower.

If you get out through Hatch, you aren't winning. When you see a 40% ER, knock off a percentage for Hatch Escapes. It means ONE, that's right, ONE Survivor is on average escaping from the trial.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

And even that's the reason of her kill-rate, it just proves she needs another update. Because looks like BHVR did not address her problems.

People are not giving up against even strongest killer Nurse that much.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,325
    Options

This kinda just shows that month to date survival and kill rates are by in large within the normal expected ranges.

I've seen a couple of complaints on the 60/40 split in terms of kills vs escapes, but honestly you would and should expect that the role with literal supernatural abilities or weapons has a slight advantage over the side that just has more people. The data also highlights a point that people got extremely upset over that was made during the last AMA which is that Solo Q's survival rates are not statistically far worse than any configuration of SWF even at high MMR. That kinda points to the fact that there really isn't a mechanical solution the devs need to implement to boost Solo Q players.

Also holy cow Skull Merchant's numbers make no sense and I think that means it is time for something to change. As much as I love her and what her kit used to be people still just flat out refuse to play against her. She's a killer that functionally doesn't do anything and doesn't heavily benefit from her past or current power variants yet her less than stellar pickrate and obscenely high kill rate are too far outta wack. Something's gotta give and I don't think there is a way to get people to remotely try playing against unless she's just flat out entirely different. It kinda feels like Skull Merchant data is probably just mostly useless since folks clearly aren't engaging with her on any meaningful level.

• KazRen
    KazRen Member Posts: 157
    Options

I mean I agree, but there definitely is also people who don't even know how to play against skull merchant and just give up instead of learning how to play against her and I feel like that is the majority of the people who give up against her as oppose to her just being unfun.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Where is the challenge? You shouldn‘t win on default! A 2k is a win. Everything above should be difficult to archive.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,035
    Options

The problem with that is that we are at a point where she has zero of her original problems, and the most problematic thing she can currently do is exactly the same as a handful of other killers people don't complain about nearly as much - specifically Artist and Knight, who get complaints but aren't in a "70% killrate because people refuse to play against them" position.

What version of Skull Merchant would these players accept that they still don't like? How many changes until the players who do this go "okay, I don't like playing against her but she's acceptable now"?

Because that's the core problem, they just don't like her. Before, they didn't like her AND she had a huge problem that was extremely detrimental to the game. They still hold that level of dislike for her, but it's overblown and irrational irrational now.

I'm not even saying changes shouldn't be made, I've seen a few good suggestions for tweaks to her power, but the reality of the situation is that the hate for her is massively overblown compared to similar killers. I don't know how to fix that, but I do know that just deleting her and starting from scratch sets an extremely bad precedent- especially since she's already gotten a ground-up rework that fundamentally changed how her drones work.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,325
    Options

This kinda just shows that month to date survival and kill rates are by in large within the normal expected ranges.

I've seen a couple of complaints on the 60/40 split in terms of kills vs escapes, but honestly you would and should expect that the role with literal supernatural abilities or weapons has a slight advantage over the side that just has more people. The data also highlights a point that people got extremely upset over that was made during the last AMA which is that Solo Q's survival rates are not statistically far worse than any configuration of SWF even at high MMR. That kinda points to the fact that there really isn't a mechanical solution the devs need to implement to boost Solo Q players.

Also holy cow Skull Merchant's numbers make no sense and I think that means it is time for something to change. As much as I love her and what her kit used to be people still just flat out refuse to play against her. She's a killer that functionally doesn't do anything and doesn't heavily benefit from her past or current power variants yet her less than stellar pickrate and obscenely high kill rate are too far outta wack. Something's gotta give and I don't think there is a way to get people to remotely try playing against unless she's just flat out entirely different. It kinda feels like Skull Merchant data is probably just mostly useless since folks clearly aren't engaging with her on any meaningful level.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,614
    edited February 16
    Options

So the difference between soloq high MMR and SWF high MMR is according to these stats is 48.30-39.42. This is 8.88% escape difference which is wild. This just confirms killers saying how SWF matches are significantly more difficult to win compare soloq matches.

After that, you look see that Bond and Kindred are 12% and 15% pick-rate with Window of opportunity being 32% pick-rate. If we add both common global aura reading perks, you get 27% pick-rate for bond & kindred collectively and 32% pick-rate. For soloq survivor, that means that 50% of their loadout is being used on aura-reading which for killer is blank perk slot while 4 man SWF does not need these perks. This is why I said that it would be greatly beneficial for survivor to see each other's aura entire trial so that soloq is not -2 perk slot every single game and does not have massive escape-rate discrepancy(from having -2 perk slots).

Many killer have asked for SWF to be nerfed, so only question is whether BVHR will nerf SWF or buff soloq to have easier platform to balance killer around.

how is it killer's problem if survivor self-suicides when they get hooked? That would make every single killer have high-kill rate.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

We also need to consider how many killers are tunneling at that MMR, which drastically increases their killrates when successful since the other 3 can't keep up when one goes down too fast. I doubt every match is straightforward in terms of hooks.

And as far as self-hook goes, I get survivors who do that against my Trapper and Nemesis. Don't even get me started on Sadako between the times this set of data was collected.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,006
    edited February 16
    Options

No wonder devs don't have solo queue qol as a priority. They're doing decent without it.

70% SM kill rate is comical, the ptsd seems more widespread than I thought. Kudos to all those Survivors giving up on hook.

BHVR could remove drones entirely making SM a M1 killer and some people would probably still kill themselves on hook. It's more of the old SM living rent free in their heads than actual SM design.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,993
    Options

Yes it’s almost as if this supposed to be….a horror game.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

So SWF don't stomp as hard as we thought, high MMR solo players still die costantly regardless of their skill level, Distortion and UW don't even make the top 10 and everyone hates SM.

Sounds about right.

• TieBreaker
    edited February 16
    Options

I'd be curious to see how many solo survivors are in high MMR. How do you die in the majority of your matches and not drop to a lower MMR bracket? Are high MMR solo survivors all running Distortion + CS + SS + Left Behind?

Doesn't a loss cause you to lose MMR regardless of how well you play in a match?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,993
    Options

Last time we got stats for high MMR nurse, she wasn’t even in the top 5 killrate. And that was before she was nerfed (again)

• TieBreaker
    Options

Because if we got really detailed information then there would be nothing for the community to theorise/fight over.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 936
    Options

btw we called it day one after her PTB, a few streamers cry for no reason and BHVR overreact. . . overbuff SM then refuse to balance her for months, every match against her is disconnect or suicide.. your game is mid because of your balancing philosophy, you're bad at it

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 227
    Options

Survivor perks aren't surprising. The only thing I can think of for this is that Adrenaline's probably going to take a hit when they nerf it.

Pop at the top of killer perks is probably the most surprising thing about these stats to me. I honestly thought Pain Res would still be #1, given that it's a fire and forget perk you can put on literally any killer and still get value. Also, Ultimate Weapon couldn't crack top 10, but BAMBOOZLE did?!

The Singularity pick rate makes sense, but the kill rate suggests they do have room to buff him. Sadako's probably going to plummet in pick rates now that she's been nerfed and Billy will probably take her place. Legion's pick rate is not really surprising, given that they're such a beginner friendly killer.

SM kill rate is totally inflated by suicides, especially with a 2% pick rate. I'm surprised that Dredge is as high as it is. My guess is that it comes from Nightfall. The Xenomorph kill rate makes me happy, though. It's just 1% point off from being perfectly balanced. The pick rate's pretty good too. That Doctor kill rate, though. Ouch. Lines up with my experience as Doctor, unfortunately. As a side note, I'd really like to know how many Myers kills come from Tombstone add-ons.

The survival rates of solo queue vs groups is really nice. Really shows that groups don't really affect results, except at high MMR. For me, this puts the whole "SWF is unbalanced" thing to rest.

• Vorahk08
    Options

I think it takes longer for MMR to degrade when you're at high MMR.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,320
    Options

Doctor is probably also due to the fact that he is free on Console. This is why he has quite a high pickrate, but a low killrate.

• TieBreaker
    Options

The MMR loss must be incredibly small if survivors are dying most of the time and still staying in high MMR.

I wish the game could recognise good plays outside of escapes or kills. A survivor that loops for a long time whilst doing gens and helping teammates but dies shouldn't lose MMR and killers that spread hooks instead of tunneling players out shouldn't be losing their MMR either.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,251
    Options

And I think High MMR is basically around the soft cap, which is the highest point people actually see in public games. High MMR is so very practical for tier lists, because it's what people are actually encountering in public games.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,341
    edited February 16
    Options

So basically:

All the high KR killers prey on survivors being bad lol. So the large majority of survivors are bad.

Solo is apparently fine balance wise. 40% escape rate is the goal for those out the know.

SWF is too strong with good players.

People really don't like SM and self sacrifice a lot.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Vorahk08
    Options

Hens made a video where he goes into detail about matchmaking, and he does talk a bit about the high end of MMR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhYciabFkLE&ab_channel=notHens

I agree about your points on factoring something other than escapes and kills. Killers are being told that they're only good if they get kills, which encourages tunneling. If MMR encouraged killers to be more of a nuisance and general terror, it might lead to healthier gameplay. Survivors making a self-sacrifice to get a 3-man out is also an important play, but they paradoxically get penalized for it.

• Vorahk08
    Options

I didn't think of that, but it probably does help. That probably also explains Huntress's stats.