Sound off or sound on?

Options
charmless
charmless Member Posts: 14
edited May 16 in General Discussions

That's the question. Do you prefer playing with the sound off or on? I personally prefer sound off, it makes the game easier.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Answers

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,403
    edited February 18
    Options

Really?

that's not irony btw, i'm genuinely surprised.

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 370
    Options

I cannot in any way imagine how no sound could possibly make the game easier for either role. Care to explain?

Most other games I play with the sound turned down or off but for DbD I always wear good quality over the ear headphones so I can hear everything.

• steamed_hamzzz
    steamed_hamzzz Member Posts: 247
    Options

Easier?!!! How haha no Wraith bell, spirit phasing, Chucky laughs ect as survivor and no injured survivor grunts of pain, footsteps or gen noises as killer? Like genuinely how is it easier?

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Forget No Mither gaming, this is next level...

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

LIke, no sounds at all?

Bruh.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,269
    Options

Makes the game easier to get killed as survivor or lose as killer?

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited February 19
    Options

Sound ON always.

There are very few games in which the sound is more important than DBD, specially when playing killer because the survivor have the visual cue of the heartbeats since some patches ago, but the killers need to hear the steps, the breaths, hurt survivor moans, etc.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

Please stick to SWF or Killer

SoloQ is rough as it is

Sincerely,

Everyone

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 868
    Options

Real question here is how do you find it easier with the sound off?

I have the sound on when it's quiet in the house. To much background noise and just can't hear those small audio que you get that can make a big difference.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 538
    Options

I think after 6 years of dbd has really put me in tune with sound & surroundings.

I play ow (a lot) & I call out unsighted enemy team a lot & get so much skepticism from teammates. I do this because im in tune with tiny little sounds & footsteps, got me many a kill or win!

I could never play dbd sound off i've seen streamers blasting music out then complaining about being killed or missing a survivor ect its genuinely insane to me they just can't work out why!

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I did play DBD without sound once, because I wanted to see how hard it would be.

It was against Trapper on Old Chapel. Easiest kill of his life.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,269
    Options

I still wanna know what OP's reasoning is, I'm genuinely curious

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Has to be a headset. Feel naked when they run out of charge and I have to play with just the TV audio. Same goes for F1, I can't hear (feel) the gears, braking and acceleration properly and it throws me off.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

In defense of op, it's not too bad playing with the sound off if your careful.

Sounds on, though whether or not music is blaring out depends on the day.

This discussion has been closed.